Coen or Cooley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What do you prefer

Bill Coen
19%
Ed Cooley
22%
None of the above... I will not following BC Basketball until the new coach can replicate Cornell's tourney success.
59%

Total votes : 27

Coen or Cooley

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Which version of a Poor Man's Al Skinner do you prefer?
Just a little PSA for the board, I have decided to take the entire day off to write "I told you so" in response to every message (to which hawaiirob has promised to reply "amen" to each and every one). We are really dedicated to taking the Make This Board Suck movement to a whole new level.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Coen or Cooley

Postby BCMcG on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:We are really dedicated to taking the Make This Board Suck movement to a whole new level.

Awesome. I'm looking forward to it.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Which version of a Poor Man's Al Skinner do you prefer?
Just a little PSA for the board, I have decided to take the entire day off to write "I told you so" in response to every message (to which hawaiirob has promised to reply "amen" to each and every one). We are really dedicated to taking the Make This Board Suck movement to a whole new level.

what are you gonna say if donahue is the coach, douchebag. I would also like to point out that the "poor mans versions of Al Skinner" were rsponsible for his "success"
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Dear OJ,

If Coen and Cooley are responsible for Al Skinner's success, why are they coaching at Northeastern and Fairfield?

Thanks in Advance,

TRE (rhymes with die fucking faster douchebag)
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Dear OJ,

If Coen and Cooley are responsible for Al Skinner's success, why are they coaching at Northeastern and Fairfield?

Thanks in Advance,

unlike Al, they have jobs right now.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Thanks in Advance,

sort of.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Thanks in Advance,

Wait... you read this thread... ignored TRE's quick and easy question directed at you... and decided instead to respond to teddy's with a nonresponsive slam of Skinner.

Do you have TRE on "foe"????
If so, here is what he wrote, you miserable racist piece of shit...

dear oj,

you missed the point again. which ONE do you prefer? we will not have a co-head coach, so only one would be coming. which one do you prefer/assume was the secret of al's success (while the other must not have done anything either)?

your SINGLE answer is appreciated.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:13 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Thanks in Advance,

Wait... you read this thread... ignored TRE's quick and easy question directed at you... and decided instead to respond to teddy's with a nonresponsive slam of Skinner.

dear oj,

you missed the point again. which ONE do you prefer? we will not have a co-head coach, so only one would be coming. which one do you prefer/assume was the secret of al's success (while the other must not have done anything either)?

Wait... you read this thread... ignored my quick and easy question directed at you... and decided instead to respond with that, you miserbale racist piece of shit? Here is what I asked:

what are you gonna say if donahue is the coach, douchebag. I would also like to point out that the "poor mans versions of Al Skinner" were rsponsible for his "success"
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Thanks in Advance,

dear oj,

Wait... you read this thread... ignored my quick and easy question directed at you... and decided instead to respond with that, you miserbale racist piece of shit? Here is what I asked:

Why are they at Northeastern and Fairfield then?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Ah yes... OJ making sure no one take his title of King of Dicks away. Don't worry... no poster will ever match your combination of racism, stupidity and assholeness. Seriously thought, what a fucking pussy you are... afraid to answer an internet message board question. Why? Are you worried we are all going to think less of you? That's impossible.

To answer your inane question... if Donahue is hired, I will post:
I am happy I was wrong when I predicted a week ago that GDF would conduct a crap sham "search" only to hire a Skinner assistant. While GDF did not disappoint with the lameness of which he went about his "search", I am pleased that Donahue was selected over Skinner Lite and Skinner 2 Electric Bugaloo.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Thanks in Advance,

dear oj,

Can you say "first head coaching job"? You like Donahue, why is he at Cornell? You love skinner when it suits your argument. You hate him when it doesn't. You are too easy.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Thanks in Advance,

dear oj,

Can you say "first head coaching job"? You like Donahue, why is he at Cornell? You love skinner when it suits your argument. You hate him when it doesn't. You are too easy.

Last I checked, Donohue wasn't responsible for the Big East titles and tourney appearances of another coach. If he were, he wouldn't be coaching at Fairfield or Cornell. In fact, he won't be coaching there in 48 hours regardless.

The guys that made Al will be though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm

What is that... around 4 posts by OJ now in this thread? And still no answer to the following:
dear oj,

love always,

tre (rhymes with "not holding my breath")
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:37 pm

HJS - you never answered my questions either. In another thread I asked how much basketball do you watch including, but not limited to BC, Richmond, Cornell, Robert Morris, URI, and Dayton?

I also asked whether you wanted an extended national search or to lock down Donahue as soon as possible so he's not left hanging?

And many people have asked what you would do if Donahue were hired? You pretty much guaranteed one of the following: Coen, Cooley, Duquette, O'Shea, or Lappas.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:41 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:HJS - you never answered my questions either. In another thread I asked how much basketball do you watch including, but not limited to BC, Richmond, Cornell, Robert Morris, URI, and Dayton?

I also asked whether you wanted an extended national search or to lock down Donahue as soon as possible so he's not left hanging?

And many people have asked what you would do if Donahue were hired? You pretty much guaranteed one of the following: Coen, Cooley, Duquette, O'Shea, or Lappas.

The first question is ridiculous and sounds like the hockey geeks who think you can't have an opinion unless you watch a team a bazillion times (or at least when they run out of arguments). That said, I have seem quite a few A-10 and CAA games. I confess that it is impossible to see Cornell or Robert Morris. And I agree with most of HJS' opinions on the respective coaches.

He already said what he would say if Donohue would be hired. He would be excited that a decent coach was hired despite a sham of a search. I am inclined to believe that the search was a sham because Donohue impressed, but either way, it was a sham.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:HJS - you never answered my questions either. In another thread I asked how much basketball do you watch including, but not limited to BC, Richmond, Cornell, Robert Morris, URI, and Dayton?

The first question is ridiculous and sounds like the hockey geeks who think you can't have an opinion unless you watch a team a bazillion times (or at least when they run out of arguments). That said, I have seem quite a few A-10 and CAA games. I confess that it is impossible to see Cornell or Robert Morris. And I agree with most of HJS' opinions on the respective coaches.

He already said what he would say if Donohue would be hired. He would be excited that a decent coach was hired despite a sham of a search. I am inclined to believe that the search was a sham because Donohue impressed, but either way, it was a sham.

of course you are, HJS, Jr. Because unless Pearl was hired, it was a sham to you and your buddy HJS. Of course you both thought that Pearl would never be contacted, and then when he was, you downplayed that, too. Now we are about to hire a damn good coach by all accounts, and its due to pure luck of course. Its actually very comical how predictable you both are.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

of course you are, HJS, Jr. Because unless Pearl was hired, it was a sham to you and your buddy HJS. Of course you both thought that Pearl would never be contacted, and then when he was, you downplayed that, too. Now we are about to hire a damn good coach by all accounts, and its due to pure luck of course. Its actually very comical how predictable you both are.

Well you've got to remember if it was up to him Skinner and Sanders would be here for life.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Its actually very comical how predictable you both are.

:lol:
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

When one acts like HJS, opinionated and clueless, it is not ridiculous to question how closely he follows the college game. He did not address my national search question, and if Donahue is hired, he better shut the fuck up because he guaranteed it would be somebody Gene already knows.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good try. I actually thought Pearl would be contacted and said there was a 35% chance he would come. Optimistic as always. I like Donohue. I am glad he is being hired. I think the search was a sham because he was that good in the interview. I don't hate Gene. I don't agree with most of what HJS says, except his characterization of the coaches (most of whom I have watched many times, Donohue and Rice being the exceptions).That said, the football coach search was a fucking embarrassment, and he has a right to be skeptical.

Good reading though. You should cry foul on yourself for misquoting. You could have just read the previous post. Jackass.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

When one acts like HJS, opinionated and clueless, it is not ridiculous to question how closely he follows the college game. He did not address my national search question, and if Donahue is hired, he better shut the fuck up because he guaranteed it would be somebody Gene already knows.

He doesn't follow college basketball. He has posted here like once all year until Skinner was fired, now he has posted hundreds of times in a week because he wanted a new excuse to promote his anti-Gene agenda.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Well you've got to remember if it was up to him Skinner and Sanders would be here for life.

Say something stupid long enough, sooner or later it might be real!

Try for a Jets Super Bowl win.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

I live in NYC and barely watched BC this year because they weren't ever on. I saw Dayton and URI play a few times this year, but never saw Richmond, Cornell or Robert Morris outside of the NCAAs. Mike Rice, however, is a bit of a known quantity here in NYC because he was the former coach at Fordham. Of Mooney, Donahue, Rice, Baron and Gregory, I probably know the least about Mooney and Donahue.

The "search" was a sham. It was operated like the Spaz "search"... cursory interviews to come to a pre-determined conclusion. That pre-determined conclusion was always Coen. But, both Cooley and Donahue Jags'd their interview and gave GDF something to consider. But, you can't ask me a question about what I would do with a part of the "search" when I would've done the whole fucking thing COMPLETELY different. What I posted earlier today was that GDF was done with talking to other coaches after Gregory declined to even interview. He was taking way too much of a beating to let it continue. All he would need is Mike Rice to decline interest to stay at something called Robert Morris.

I just said what I would do if Donahue was hired. I believed you just quoted it. BTW... I posted the Cooley, Coen, Duke thing long before Al's job was rumored to be in jeopardy. It has been my stock answer to throughout the season... "You want Skinner fired... fine, who do you think BC will land so long as GDF is running the selection? I guarantee it will be limited to someone he has previously worked with." We are talking MONTHS of me saying that. And... when GDF shocked the hell out of me and fired Skinner... the surprises ended there. Of all the coaches in the entire BB world, I have guessed 2 of the final 3. Those odds are fucking astronomical. On most boards I would be consider the Seer of Seers. But on this board, since GDF is so fucking awful at his job... I am getting dinged for not predicting the 3rd of 3 candidates months ago when we didn't know a search of any kind would happen.

Old people suck.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:55 pm

anyone else surprised that OJ is actively posting right now? There are five white players on the court right now.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I don't agree with most of what HJS says, except his characterization of the coaches (most of whom I have watched many times, Donohue and Rice being the exceptions).That said, the football coach search was a fucking embarrassment, and he has a right to be skeptical.

skeptical??? :lol: :lol:

No. he isn't "skeptical". He decided the minute Skinner was fired that the next coach would suck as the result of gene. he has not shown one ounce of interest in BC basketball until he found an excuse to promote his blind little agenda. He's not skeptical - he's unbearably negative.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Say something stupid long enough, sooner or later it might be real!

Try for a Jets Super Bowl win.

Yeah, like you saying Duke wouldn't win the ACC tourney or make it past the Sweet 16.

Oops.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Yeah, like you saying Duke wouldn't win the ACC tourney or make it past the Sweet 16.

don't forget about his Falcons prediction. It's never too stale to make fun of that Falcons prediction.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Yeah, like you saying Duke wouldn't win the ACC tourney or make it past the Sweet 16.

don't forget about his Falcons prediction. It's never too stale to make fun of that Falcons prediction.

Yeah, because your OJ racist jokes aren't stale...
Last edited by commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I live in NYC and barely watched BC this year because they weren't ever on. I saw Dayton and URI play a few times this year, but never saw Richmond, Cornell or Robert Morris outside of the NCAAs. Mike Rice, however, is a bit of a known quantity here in NYC because he was the former coach at Fordham. Of Mooney, Donahue, Rice, Baron and Gregory, I probably know the least about Mooney and Donahue.

The "search" was a sham. It was operated like the Spaz "search"... cursory interviews to come to a pre-determined conclusion. That pre-determined conclusion was always Coen. But, both Cooley and Donahue Jags'd their interview and gave GDF something to consider. But, you can't ask me a question about what I would do with a part of the "search" when I would've done the whole fucking thing COMPLETELY different. What I posted earlier today was that GDF was done with talking to other coaches after Gregory declined to even interview. He was taking way too much of a beating to let it continue. All he would need is Mike Rice to decline interest to stay at something called Robert Morris.

I just said what I would do if Donahue was hired. I believed you just quoted it. BTW... I posted the Cooley, Coen, Duke thing long before Al's job was rumored to be in jeopardy. It has been my stock answer to throughout the season... "You want Skinner fired... fine, who do you think BC will land so long as GDF is running the selection? I guarantee it will be limited to someone he has previously worked with." We are talking MONTHS of me saying that. And... when GDF shocked the hell out of me and fired Skinner... the surprises ended there. Of all the coaches in the entire BB world, I have guessed 2 of the final 3. Those odds are fucking astronomical. On most boards I would be consider the Seer of Seers. But on this board, since GDF is so fucking awful at his job... I am getting dinged for not predicting the 3rd of 3 candidates months ago when we didn't know a search of any kind would happen.

Old people suck.

Was the UNC coaching search a sham because they went after Roy Williams right away? Kansas going after Bill Self? ADs almost always have somebody in mind. They should have a list ready to go at all times.

I agree that old people suck. Especially since you are five years my senior. Subjective and opinionated third tier lawyers suck. Stop projecting your life's failures onto Gene. The man is far from perfect, but Donahue would be a great hire.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I live in NYC and barely watched BC this year .

shocking
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum