Gregory out

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Gregory out

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Jesus Christ.
I cannot believe Mr. No Value Added is here defending Andy Katz's anti-BC agenda while simultaneously supporting GDF for his "very good" NATIONAL search. Meanwhile, I am forced to go against my Gene-hating compadre for his over the top article. Cats and dogs sleeping together.

The goddamn news story here is NOT that GDF has a telephone call with Gregory. The goddamn news story here is that Gregory is staying at Dayton. This news effects DePaul much more than it does BC. Yet... the article is written in a way to make it seem like GDF got bitch-slapped by Grgegory and now 9with his search in shambles) is giving-up and falling back to Plan D as in Donahue.

Hyperbole at its best if you are speaking about me. Never defended Katz's anti-BC agenda and never called GDF's search very good (or anything close). The news affects DePaul, but the original story is BC contacting Gregory. Get a fucking clue Agenda Boy.

Speaking of No Value Added, loved your post in the Globe today:

HJS2010 wrote:
I said it from the start. Flipper head was plotting to hire his buddy Coen all along. These sham interviews are not fooling anyone. He will hire Coen Wednesday and have his puppet running the basketball program.

Gene's the problem, not the coaches!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:07 pm

That was HJS's 11th pick.

Me, I am on 34.

Joel and Ethan Coen.....yup, that source would be right from the last Sunday Night.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DaveSpeed on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Pookie84 {l Wrote}:
Who do you want to bring in? A Coach K assistant? No thanks. An Izzo assistant? Sure, but we basically tried that with Gregory. Boeheim assistant? Who?

So, let's get this straight...it's a good idea to talk to TWO Al Skinner assistants, but not Chris Collins? How about Mike Hopkins from Cuse? There are literally a dozen guys, minimum, who are at least worth kicking the tires on, yet Gene does a cursory search limited to a handful of second-tier candidates (again, Pearl and Stevens were not "candidates" for this job) and calls it a day.

If Coach K called up Gene and said "you need to talk to Wojo" I think Gene would. But Gene not knowing the guys prior to the search hurt their candidacy from the start. Enthusiasm for the job is a big factor for Gene. Donahue, like Jags before him, helped his candidacy by reaching out to Gene right away. You must show respect and kiss the ring.

And this is why Gene sucks to work for. Coaches know that he's difficult and I'm sure it doesn't make his job any easier. Gene's ego is too huge for his own good.

DaveSpeed
Carney Hall

Postby Pookie84 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:14 pm

If Coach K called up Gene and said "you need to talk to Wojo" I think Gene would. But Gene not knowing the guys prior to the search hurt their candidacy from the start. Enthusiasm for the job is a big factor for Gene.

So, I assume you're just recapping this, not approving of it, correct? I mean, this strikes me as an unacceptable way to run an athletic department.
Pookie84
n00b

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Pookie84 {l Wrote}:
If Coach K called up Gene and said "you need to talk to Wojo" I think Gene would. But Gene not knowing the guys prior to the search hurt their candidacy from the start. Enthusiasm for the job is a big factor for Gene.

So, I assume you're just recapping this, not approving of it, correct? I mean, this strikes me as an unacceptable way to run an athletic department.

Not approving...

I think Gene is right in that it takes a certain type of coach to succeed at BC. You can't just plug in any flavor of the month and expect them to do well.

However, Gene is wrong when he dictates staff or schedules and what not. He needs to hire good people and leave them alone. Pat Duquette might be the perfect guy for Donahue to keep on...but that should be Donahue's call, not GDF's.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:38 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Speaking of No Value Added, loved your post in the Globe today:

HJS2010 wrote:
I said it from the start. Flipper head was plotting to hire his buddy Coen all along. These sham interviews are not fooling anyone. He will hire Coen Wednesday and have his puppet running the basketball program.

Is that real??? If it is, it is the greatest thing ever.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Speaking of No Value Added, loved your post in the Globe today:

HJS2010 wrote:

Is that real??? If it is, it is the greatest thing ever.

Yes.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TripleEagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:48 am

As you know, as a graduate of Boston College High School, Boston College, and Boston College Law School I have earned the distinction of being a "Triple Eagle."

If a man attends Dayton Chaminade High School, the University of Dayton, and the University of Dayton Law School does that man become known as a "Frequent Flyer"?
TripleEagle
n00b

Previous

Return to Conte Forum