brad stevens

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

brad stevens

Postby screagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:31 am

it's probably going to take more than double or triple, but great to see this printed outside of the nexus.

hopefully gene makes a good play for stevens and he takes it... if not, we hire donahue.

BC might also contact Butler’s Brad Stevens to find out if there is any interest. Money would not be in issue. Stevens’s guaranteed income has been reported at $396,000, which BC could double, or triple, since Skinner’s total compensation package, not including deferred payments, was approximately $1.1 million. A call to Stevens, who is preparing for tonight’s national championship game, seems likely in the next few days.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens_basketball/articles/2010/04/05/donahue_emerging_in_bc_hunt/
screagle
Carney Hall

Re: brad stevens

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 am

I'm fine with either of those candidates.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 am

I'm 99.9% sure Stevens is staying at Butler or will be taking a Godfather offer from Oregon.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am

We ought to call the guy, but I think Oregon's going to swoop in - I think it would be very difficult for him to stay at Butler if we offered him 3x his salary. You never know how long these types of opportunities will remain. He would obviously be a great hire.

The comments section of this article is pretty funny - first a comment that "No way Stevens would ever come to a crap basketball school like BC, Donahue is probably more than they deserve", then some guy says his "source" is pointing to Sam Mitchell.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:I'm 99.9% sure Stevens is staying at Butler or will be taking a Godfather offer from Oregon.

I think he'll stay at Butler. Going out to the far west and being doomed to netherworld of PAC-10 basketball that gets no primetime television coverage is usually not a great choice for a coach, and Stevens can afford to be selective.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 am

BC would have top quadruple the number. Meanwhile Oregon will be offering 5 times what he currently makes. The real issue with Stevens is that he has never left the State of Indiana. He seems like a very unlikely candidate to be going to either school. He'll probably wait around for a B11 or northern B12 offer.

Regarding Stevens... I think he is a great Xs and Os guy. My concern is building a program and recruiting. Butler churns out the "next great mid major coach" every 4 years. So... in a lot of ways... they are a program in and of itself. Coach Linklater is now realizing how difficult it is once you are outside of the Butler coccon. However, with Stevens, he has done more than any of his predecessors. He is also building himself a huge effing name. One that may give him considerable props on the recruiting trail.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 am

Brad Stevens like Chris Mack are perfect dream candidates.

HERE IS HOW BIG BUSINESS IS CONDUCTED IN AMERICA AND HOW BRAD STEVENS COMES TO BC:

Like I said...I hate the expression think outside the box, since all scientists, leaders and inventors have never use that expression in history, it is a cliche and stupid one-----BUT.....since we are dealing with cheap ass Jesuits and a moron AD who will never comprehend this 74 offer, here is how you overwhelm the right guy as the foundation like Mike K. and BC's future:

As posted before.....

>>Give Brad a $4 MILLION DOLLAR GUARANTEED SIGINING BONUS, even if he stays 1 year. NO STRINGS.

Cost of housing living and a get him here!!.... a sign on... unheard of bonus for College Coaches today!!

((GDF will be hailed as a Pioneer....thanks for playing GENO!!!))

.....and you add in a great contract and bonuses....TO KEEP HIM HERE!!!

Years 1-3: BASE SALARY $1.5M -- $4.5

Then after 3 years to seal the deal for the future....

Years 4-5: BASE SALARY $2.5M -- $5.0

TOTAL BASE ALONE PACKAGE: $13.5M -- 5 YEARS.

IF HE DOES WELL...REWARD HIM IN THOSE 5 YEARS!!!

YEARLY ACHIEVEMENT BONUSES:

ELITE 8 = $150K
FINAL FOUR = $300K
FINAL TWO: = $500K
NATIONAL TITLE: $750K

Yearly graduation bonuses since we get smart kids and who can't graduate in 5 years? please!!!

= $0.00

Anyone else have any better ideas or ways to get the Macks and the Stevens????
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:We ought to call the guy, but I think Oregon's going to swoop in - I think it would be very difficult for him to stay at Butler if we offered him 3x his salary. You never know how long these types of opportunities will remain. He would obviously be a great hire.

The comments section of this article is pretty funny - first a comment that "No way Stevens would ever come to a crap basketball school like BC, Donahue is probably more than they deserve", then some guy says his "source" is pointing to Sam Mitchell.

You've gotta make the phone call. He's probably not interested, but before you hire Donahue, it's worth making the call.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:We ought to call the guy, but I think Oregon's going to swoop in - I think it would be very difficult for him to stay at Butler if we offered him 3x his salary. You never know how long these types of opportunities will remain. He would obviously be a great hire.

You've gotta make the phone call. He's probably not interested, but before you hire Donahue, it's worth making the call.

Agree 100%. And I think when you make the phone call, you have to start out with real big numbers and continue with "we're in the ACC. If you want to get revenge on Coach K for the beatdown he put on you last night, this is the place to do it."
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No offense EPPS!!!

FUCK THE CALL....FUCK THE CALL....YOU SAW MY BRUCE PEARL AND GDF CALL CONVERSATION....

MAKE BRAD THE 74 OFFER HE CAN'T REFUSE....

CALL...CALL...PLAYOFFS.....CALL....REFUND.....?????

FUCK THE CALL..MAKE HIM THE 74 OFFER!!

GET HIS ASS TO BC!!!

FAX HIM A GOD DAMN 74 OFFER SHEET...HIS WIFE IS A LAWYER!!!!!!!
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 am

I'm not by any means disqualifying him as a candidate, but I wonder how well his hick/aw-shucks demeanor would go over in Boston. He would need to succeed and succeed early, or it could get ugly quickly.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No offense EPPS!!!

FUCK THE CALL....FUCK THE CALL....YOU SAW MY BRUCE PEARL AND GDF CALL CONVERSATION....

MAKE BRAD THE 74 OFFER HE CAN'T REFUSE....

CALL...CALL...PLAYOFFS.....CALL....REFUND.....?????

FUCK THE CALL..MAKE HIM THE 74 OFFER!!

GET HIS ASS TO BC!!!

FAX HIM A GOD DAMN 74 OFFER SHEET...HIS WIFE IS A LAWYER!!!!!!!

Just FYI, he's going to be a little spooked if an offer sheets just pops out of the Butler AD's fax machine. I wouldn't suggest sending him a letter by snail mail.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:31 am

Yes, It goes without saying, getting permission if needed and asking his agent if GDF needs to get permisson.

If we don't get Brad Stevens or Chris Mack and they were available to this type of 74 offer...

I will blame EPPS. :lol:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:32 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Yes, It goes without saying, getting permission if needed and asking his agent if GDF needs to get permisson.

If we don't get Brad Stevens or Chris Mack and they were available to this type of 74 offer...

I will blame EPPS. :lol:

:lame
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bc41irish39 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 am

Have we ruled out Brad Stevens? Gene is in Indy. Are they talking? :pontif
bc41irish39
n00b

Return to Conte Forum