Huggins Giving It Good to Referees About Duke Calls

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Huggins Giving It Good to Referees About Duke Calls

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 pm

All Americans --they don't foul..

WOW...looked like a block to me too.

Duke blowing out the Mountain kids.

Recruiting all over America and going for Big Men may pay off in National Title.

Anyone remember my BC vs. Gonzaga and others posts and many shots versus BC on Big Men and having 15 fouls.

You may hate me, you may not miss me, but you kids don't know squat.

Bc was finished 4 years ago when Barcolounger shut it down.

So glad you noticed.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Huggins Giving It Good to Referees About Duke Calls

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Somebody should make a dictionary for 74 terminology.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:49 pm

It's here somewhere.

I am a living world icon wordsmith in new lexicon and descripticonic vernacular formulation and the inventing of new meanings for the world to live by.

Use my words in your first freshman paper next year and you too can graditate with honors and a free Pino's coupon for that C+ grade.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 am

I had to take a break from the hoops weirdoness on this board this weekend, so I apologize if this has already been addressed. Did anyone else get creeped out by Huggins dry humping Butler when he went down? Spare me the "He really cares about his players" and the "I wish we had a coach like that" arguments. It was fucking weird.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I had to take a break from the hoops weirdoness on this board this weekend, so I apologize if this has already been addressed. Did anyone else get creeped out by Huggins dry humping Butler when he went down? Spare me the "He really cares about his players" and the "I wish we had a coach like that" arguments. It was fucking weird.

I bet he was wearing spandex under his track suit. Creeped out doesn't begin to describe it.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 am

(1) The Duke officiating problem in NCAA Basketball has existed for years. I'm so sick and tired of Duke getting every questionable call because the refs fear Coach K or are told to help Duke. It had nothing to do with WVU playing awful and losing, but the NCAA has to fix this issue.

(2) The Huggins thing was nothing short of awkward.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 am

I was also a little weirded out by that. I'm sure he does care about the kid but that got a little creepy.

Also, I thought so at the time and I saw the replay several times this weekend and I don't care what Huggins says, that was the right call. It's unfortunate his kid got hurt, but it was a charge.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I had to take a break from the hoops weirdoness on this board this weekend, so I apologize if this has already been addressed. Did anyone else get creeped out by Huggins dry humping Butler when he went down? Spare me the "He really cares about his players" and the "I wish we had a coach like that" arguments. It was fucking weird.

There's a moment where it looks like huggins drooled into Butler's mouth - I think it's actually just his necklace reflecting, but the whole thing was gross.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:(1) The Duke officiating problem in NCAA Basketball has existed for years. I'm so sick and tired of Duke getting every questionable call because the refs fear Coach K or are told to help Duke. It had nothing to do with WVU playing awful and losing, but the NCAA has to fix this issue.

I really didn't think the refs did Duke any favors in the WVU game.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:(1) The Duke officiating problem in NCAA Basketball has existed for years. I'm so sick and tired of Duke getting every questionable call because the refs fear Coach K or are told to help Duke. It had nothing to do with WVU playing awful and losing, but the NCAA has to fix this issue.

I really didn't think the refs did Duke any favors in the WVU game.

It stops in the NCAA Tournament for the most part, although Brian Zoubek committed 4 fouls in the first 3 minutes of that game. Maybe it's something the ACC needs to look into, that's more where my complaint is.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 am

I'm always bothered when trainers get all up on the athlete and Huggins took it to the next level and beyond. It was extremely uncomfortable to watch.
Last edited by MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:53 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:Also, I thought so at the time and I saw the replay several times this weekend and I don't care what Huggins says, that was the right call. It's unfortunate his kid got hurt, but it was a charge.

It was absolutely the right call. It's high-level athletics - it happens. I hate the implication Huggins made that just because a player is on the ground hurt that the opposing team was at fault. Also find it interesting that the BE has this "hard-playing" conference rep, but that they were very much "out-toughed" by a team in a conference that is supposed to be "soft" (or at least more soft than the BE).

And the refs didn't give Duke many calls in that game. More fouls called on Duke and the Devils took less than half the FT's the 'Neers did (and no FT's taken in the first 27 minutes of the game. By the time they took a FT Duke was already up 9).
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 am

The cradling of the head is what weirded me out the most.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:The cradling of the head is what weirded me out the most.

This, combined with the caressing of his face with his thumb made it creepy.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:03 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:Also, I thought so at the time and I saw the replay several times this weekend and I don't care what Huggins says, that was the right call. It's unfortunate his kid got hurt, but it was a charge.

It was absolutely the right call. It's high-level athletics - it happens. I hate the implication Huggins made that just because a player is on the ground hurt that the opposing team was at fault. Also find it interesting that the BE has this "hard-playing" conference rep, but that they were very much "out-toughed" by a team in a conference that is supposed to be "soft" (or at least more soft than the BE).

And the refs didn't give Duke many calls in that game. More fouls called on Duke and the Devils took less than half the FT's the 'Neers did (and no FT's taken in the first 27 minutes of the game. By the time they took a FT Duke was already up 9).

They really just let both teams play. Really early on Zoubek knocked one of the WVU players out coming in from behind on an offensive rebound, and I thought "uh-oh, here it comes", but the refs just consistently let a lot of contact go, which is actually how I prefer it, as long as they do it for both teams.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:28 am

The announcers called it perfectly. Butler's left leg buckled when he planted to jump. Absolutely ZERO contact until after he blew his ACL. Huggins is a miserable human being.

Blowing an ACL doesn't hurt that bad. He was sobbing on the floor... not because of pain... but because of the realization that his entire BB career is over and all he has to show for it is a West Virginia diploma.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMcG on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:The announcers called it perfectly. Butler's left leg buckled when he planted to jump. Absolutely ZERO contact until after he blew his ACL. Huggins is a miserable human being.

Blowing an ACL doesn't hurt that bad. He was sobbing on the floor... not because of pain... but because of the realization that his entire BB career is over and all he has to show for it is a West Virginia diploma.

Diploma? Has Huggins EVER graduated a player?
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 am

BCMcG {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:The announcers called it perfectly. Butler's left leg buckled when he planted to jump. Absolutely ZERO contact until after he blew his ACL. Huggins is a miserable human being.

Diploma? Has Huggins EVER graduated a player?

Butler is a Bielen recruit and is supposed to be a good guy. So... I figured... since he was there for 4 years and since it is only WVU, that he would graduate despite Huggins.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:45 am

Wow, HJS with a Spot-on Post. Who woulda thunk it!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:48 am

Not only that but he looked like a top 20-25 pick in the NBA draft before the game and now he probably won't be drafted since he'll be out of action for a year. That's a lot of guaranteed money out the window.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum