Coen

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Coen

Postby HJS on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Isn't it peculiar that he delayed his interview until Monday?

I mean, GDF sought permission to talk over last weekend... back when Siena still had a coach. And, for some reason, not only did he delay the interview to go behind 4 other candidates, but he postponed it until AFTER he interviewed for Siena.

Which brings me to my next point... I have been reading about how Northeastern and Fairfield are similar micro-majors to Siena (in justification because the crappy Iowa program hired McCaffrey). If Northeastern is so AWESOME and I was "crazy" to suggest that Coen needed to make an interrim coaching step before garnering interest from the Big 6 conferences, why the fuck would he even bother interviewing?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Coen

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:41 pm

He might be waiting on the Siena job, but is it also unreasonable to suggest that maybe there were other considerations? Like the fact that it's Easter weekend? There's a hundred reasons he might have put it off until Monday.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 pm

ps- Coen getting the Siena job would be another stroke of luck for GDF and the program, similar to Amaker re-upping with Harvard before interviewing.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:04 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:ps- Coen getting the Siena job would be another stroke of luck for GDF and the program, similar to Amaker re-upping with Harvard before interviewing.

Coen won't take Siena unless he has been told he is not getting BC. But yes, that would be a thank god moment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Well we can hope...

PS- Is ATL repeatedly hitting negative on my post about his boy Coen? Sorry if I prefer to go in a direction that doesn't involve the flex...
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I don't even notice the karma.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't even notice the karma.

I don't particularly care, I just thought it was amusing...
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:09 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Well we can hope...

PS- Is ATL repeatedly hitting negative on my post about his boy Coen? Sorry if I prefer to go in a direction that doesn't involve the flex...

I'd prefer to go in any direction but the flex. You know, bring DC into the 21st century as far as basketball offense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Try and be flexible.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:39 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Try and be flexible.

*rim shot*

Even for you, that was bad...

- :whammy
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:44 pm

I haven't been online all day. I don't get the Coen hating. Who do you think will do a better job bringing talent to BC: Coen or Donahue?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Judging by the respective talents on each roster in the last 3-4 years, I'd call it an even draw. But considering Cornell is Cornell, Donahue strikes me as a candidate with more upside and gets you as far away from Skinner as humanly possible. Which, according to GDF, is the ultimate goal here.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:57 pm

The ramblings of a former player were going largely unnoticed by me this weekend until he mentioned that a Coen hire would almost certainly bring an Erik Murphy transfer to our doors.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Coen is out of the mix.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Coen is out of the mix.

I don't think he'll get the job either, but is this a fact or your guess? Not trying to be an ass, just wondering if you heard something we didn't.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:22 pm

2008Eagle {l Wrote}:

I don't think he'll get the job either, but is this a fact or your guess? Not trying to be an ass, just wondering if you heard something we didn't.

I heard this from someone who has been right about everything pertaining to this situation thus far.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I haven't been online all day. I don't get the Coen hating. Who do you think will do a better job bringing talent to BC: Coen or Donahue?

Who's better at coaching, Coen or Donahue? And don't dare say Coen.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
2008Eagle {l Wrote}:

I heard this from someone who has been right about everything pertaining to this situation thus far.

Good. Let's just hire Donahue and get this chirade over so we can start concentrating on the Frozen Four.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Awkward timing is the issue. Couldn't do it Saturday because of the Final Four, and can't do it on Easter, Monday is the championships so neither that nor Tuesday make much sense, but waiting until Wednesday feels too long. I think we need to make the hire ASAP because it doesn't feel comfortable without a coach. Although from what I heard Cooley is still somewhat in the mix, ( :gun ) and there was small mention of Brian Gregory as a dark horse but that was unconfirmed.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Coen does have a great future in Hollywood...

I love the weeklong discussion on the bottom feeders, the slugs, the diversity rejects, the white shadows, the bonsai tree links, and the "GDF, Find the Pearl Show!".....the Pearl Scam....... :lol: :lol: :lol: just curious..

WHEN DO WE INTERVIEW CHRIS MACK, BRAD STEVENS, BRIAN GREGORY --- and the BOB KNIGHT types, and the big home run hitters?

PJ Carlesimo?

Mark Few?

Mark Turgeon?

Randy Bennett?

Scott Drew?

Ah, the little Midget Mussolini....if the best we can do is Donahue...wow....simply wow...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:05 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
2008Eagle {l Wrote}:

Fair enough. Thanks. FWIW, the guy is probably right about this too.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Is HJS like the board's fucking conspiracy theorist?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:14 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Coen does have a great future in Hollywood...

I love the weeklong discussion on the bottom feeders, the slugs, the diversity rejects, the white shadows, the bonsai tree links, and the "GDF, Find the Pearl Show!".....the Pearl Scam....... :lol: :lol: :lol: just curious..

WHEN DO WE INTERVIEW CHRIS MACK, BRAD STEVENS, BRIAN GREGORY --- and the BOB KNIGHT types, and the big home run hitters?

PJ Carlesimo?

Mark Few?

Mark Turgeon?

Randy Bennett?

Scott Drew?

Ah, the little Midget Mussolini....if the best we can do is Donahue...wow....simply wow...

74 si spot on with this. Why not PJ Carlesimo? He won't leave. He'll be loyal to the Midget Mussolini. It would be a good hire.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby screagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:21 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:The ramblings of a former player were going largely unnoticed by me this weekend until he mentioned that a Coen hire would almost certainly bring an Erik Murphy transfer to our doors.

murphy's contributions on a team that barely made the tourney are underwhelming.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/1714683/erik-murphy
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:26 am

screagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:The ramblings of a former player were going largely unnoticed by me this weekend until he mentioned that a Coen hire would almost certainly bring an Erik Murphy transfer to our doors.

murphy's contributions on a team that barely made the tourney are underwhelming.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/1714683/erik-murphy

I'm well aware of his contributions. He was a freshman and the Gators had a ton of juniors and seniors in their frontcourt.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
screagle {l Wrote}:

I'm well aware of his contributions. He was a freshman and the Gators had a ton of juniors and seniors in their frontcourt.

If he wants to come back to BC, that's fine. No coaching decision should be made based on him or any other player.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
screagle {l Wrote}:

If he wants to come back to BC, that's fine. No coaching decision should be made based on him or any other player.

I agree. Just thought it was interesting, and I'd share. I've been firmly in the Donahue camp since Pearl declined.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

WHEN DO WE INTERVIEW CHRIS MACK 1, BRAD STEVENS -2, BRIAN GREGORY 3 --- and the BOB KNIGHT types, and the big home run hitters?

PJ Carlesimo? 4

Mark Few? 6

Mark Turgeon? 7

Randy Bennett? 5

Scott Drew? 8

74 is spot on with this. Why not PJ Carlesimo? He won't leave. He'll be loyal to the Midget Mussolini. It would be a good hire.

Knight would be 9 :lol: ..to hell with making calls >>>>> OFFER SHEETS!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

WHEN DO WE INTERVIEW CHRIS MACK 1, BRAD STEVENS -2, BRIAN GREGORY 3 --- and the BOB KNIGHT types, and the big home run hitters?

PJ Carlesimo? 4

Mark Few? 6

Mark Turgeon? 7

Randy Bennett? 5

Scott Drew? 8

74 is spot on with this. Why not PJ Carlesimo? He won't leave. He'll be loyal to the Midget Mussolini. It would be a good hire.

Knight would be 9 :lol: ..to hell with making calls >>>>> OFFER SHEETS!!

I'm on baord with Knight as well, however, we all the Midget Mussolini will not make any oher attempts to land a big time coach other than his lame ass attempt at Pearl. Hell, even little old St. John's called Billy Donovan. Why are DeFilippo's balls shrivelled up?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:05 am

I can't let this comment slide...

Anyone who would make a coaching hire for the purpose of securing the transfer of a profoundly overrated local kid is being... obtuse.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum