Forgive Me If This Is Heresy

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Forgive Me If This Is Heresy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 am

But, with all the talk about hiring a mid-major coach, is anyone surprised there hasn't at least been a whisper about Tom Moore at Quinnipiac? This is a guy who has legitimately turned around a bad program and made them viable by winning the NEC regular season title in just his 3rd year (and brought them within a whisker of their first NCAA Tournament appearance this year).

I realize he's a Calhoun/UConn guy, but he meets our criteria for a coach. Major league X's & O's guy, ALL-UNIVERSE RECRUITER, and good promoter as well (Quinnipiac is now aware that they have a basketball program...they even have midnight madness!).

Calhoun would certainly stick his alcoholic nose into any inquiry that Gene would make regarding Tom, but would it be worth a try?
Last edited by EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Forgive Me If This Is Herecy

Postby bignick33 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:47 am

NEC isn't even a mid-major. It's a low-major. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of him for the same reason I'm not thrilled with the prospect of Rice. We can do better.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Interesting thought. Both Moore and Rice are more deserving than Cooley/Coen.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Please fix the misspelling of heresy. It's hurting my eyes. :D
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby chuckiedukes on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Tom Moore is Calhoun's choice to be his successor at UCONN. It is a major point of contention between Calhoun and UCONN's AD (one of many).

Not only would Moore be a solid replacement to lazy Al, but it would stick it to Calhoun and drive an even bigger wedge between he and his AD.

Nice one.
chuckiedukes
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:29 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:NEC isn't even a mid-major. It's a low-major. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of him for the same reason I'm not thrilled with the prospect of Rice. We can do better.

So is the Ivy League.

Even though I agree with you, I'm just sayin...
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:33 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:NEC isn't even a mid-major. It's a low-major. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of him for the same reason I'm not thrilled with the prospect of Rice. We can do better.

So is the Ivy League.

I never said I'm a Donahue guy.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: Forgive Me If This Is Heresy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Ivy League is low major. Of course that is precisely why Donohue and his Sweet 16 is such a hot candidate and the dude from Quinnipiac and his almost made the tourney is not.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:39 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

So is the Ivy League.

If Napoleon believes that Donahue is a major upgrade over Skinner he should retire. This is what we are reduced to hiring....an ivy league coach?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

So is the Ivy League.

That's fine, I'm just saying to those who support giving Donahue a good strong look at the position(and I am one of them) to not pretend he's coming from some midmajor that constantly makes the tourney each year and can battle with the big boys. As good as Cornell's overall record has been, in the past three years they are 3-12 against power conference teams.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

So is the Ivy League.

That's fine, I'm just saying to those who support giving Donahue a good strong look at the position(and I am one of them) to not pretend he's coming from some midmajor that constantly makes the tourney each year and can battle with the big boys. As good as Cornell's overall record has been, in the past three years they are 3-12 against power conference teams.

One of those 12 was a 3 point down to the wire loss in Lawrence Kansas.

And crapping on Donohue because he coached in the Ivy league is beyond stupid. I am not saying he is the next John Wooden, but most coaches that don't fail miserably make their bones at lower levels. Bruce Pearl was at UMW. Jay Wright was an assistant at Division III Rochester and then went to Iona or Hofstra or somesuchthing. And most of those guys don't make the Sweet 16 (Pearl the exception) while at the low level D-1 school.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum