New names equal disaster

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New names equal disaster

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Absolutely fucktarded statement about Jags.

Back on point, ATL please elaborate on your concerns about Gregory. I just don't get it. I won't jump to the knee jerk reaction that you are an Al guy (I liked Al) but I can't see why you would want Al retreads over a guy like Donohue or Gregory.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Yeah, those ACC Championship Game appearances were pretty damaging to the programs reputation.

Chase Rettig, KPL, and Shakim Phillips say hello.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:26 pm

ADonovanJr {l Wrote}:
That goofball they hired on the football side was about to bury the program until he went off the rails.

Is this retard supposed to be Scrush5? :toby
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Any chance we take a look at Stevens from Butler? Did I miss something somewhere?

I know nothing about him besides what I've seen over the course of this tournament, but I've been impressed.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:04 pm

I think his asking price just went way higher than what GDF would be willing to pay.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:I think his asking price just went way higher than what GDF would be willing to pay.

Yea, Stevens just went out of our price league.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Pahreen on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 pm

jrlbc06 {l Wrote}:Any chance we take a look at Stevens from Butler? Did I miss something somewhere?

I know nothing about him besides what I've seen over the course of this tournament, but I've been impressed.

BC is not prestigious enough for Stevens, given his tourney success. He'll probably stay another year at Butler (his main guys are returning) and then take over a top team.
Pahreen
n00b

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:41 pm

I don't think Stevens is out of our reach financially, but the fact that next years team might be better than this years team probably will lead him to hold off until next year on looking for a bigger job.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Yeah, that makes sense.

Too bad...he seems like the perfect combination of good coaching and willingness/ability to sell the school and get people/students involved.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 pm

I have no problem with a non Skinner coach. Donahue is growing on me and I think there are other names out there that could be good. But I think Gregory would not be good. Do you think this current group of players would respond a to tough love ahole? Do you think fans will come out if we are losing? Do you think Gene or Leahy will enjoy a gruff persona who doesn't defer to them? I am also concerned that Dayton fans are willing to pack Gregory's bags for him. He is not popular there.

I would rather hire a 69 year old Bobby Knight than Gregory. Hopefully GDF knows himself well enough not to hire Gregory.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ADonovanJr on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:41 pm

It is not very nice to call someone retarded. The polish guy may have been a great coach, but he did go nuts and walk of the job. What if he lost his marbles the week before the season? My point is it could have been much worse.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So, I'll leave it alone if it is a bane of contention with you guys.
ADonovanJr
n00b

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:33 pm

ADonovanJr {l Wrote}:It is not very nice to call someone retarded. The polish guy may have been a great coach...

It's not nice to call someone Polish.

I can say that because my submarine screen door repair man is Polish.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 pm

ADonovanJr {l Wrote}:It is not very nice to call someone retarded. The polish guy may have been a great coach, but he did go nuts and walk of the job. What if he lost his marbles the week before the season? My point is it could have been much worse.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So, I'll leave it alone if it is a bane of contention with you guys.

The Pollack did not walk off the job, the Mick walked off the job. The Guinea fired the Pollack for meeting with the team managed by the Kraut. Then the Guinea hired another Guinea who coached more like the Mick. Got it?

My opinion is that you make retarded statements.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Bill Coen is essentially out of the running, it is Donahue then Cooley with maybe a dark horse lurking behind, and the way GDF was talking on the interview on ATLs blog I think there might be.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum