Here's my thing with Cooley/Coen

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Here's my thing with Cooley/Coen

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 pm

GDF, Logitano and OJ do not think that what Skinner accomplished was anything special. So, why the fuck would you hire someone who was instrumental in that lack of success?

Let's pretend for the moment that GDF and those who hated Al LOVED the team's success when Coen and Cooley were on his staff. That means you think we were very successful when we had Al, Coen and Cooley working together. The rhetoric then is that losing Coen/Cooley exposed Al for the incompetent fool he always was. If that is your opinion, it would make sense to want to bring back Cooley/Coen.

But, here is the thing... you can't bring them BOTH back. You can only bring one. So... who was the man behind the curtain? Hiring Coen means you think Al and Cooley sucked and Coen pretty much did it on his own. Hiring Cooley means you think Al and Coen sucked and held Cooley back from being more successful.

However, guys like Donahue, Stevens, Wojcik, Bennett, Gregory, Rice... all of their accomplishment are THEIR accomplishment.

It just maddens me so to see GDF bring absolute shame to my university (from the hiring, to the shitty search to the inevitable disaster hire). It is Gene's conduct that solidifies BC as a clownshoes sports program.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Here's my thing with Cooley/Coen

Postby hawaiirob on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:20 pm

GDF had better land Gregory. My first choice all along. Cart wheels from LA if BG is the new BC coach.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby eagleman99 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:22 pm

My blood is boiling with what GD is doing with this hoops coaching search. I posted this on the other boards, but how the f@ck can you call it a "national search" when you're interviewing 5 candidates, 2 of whom are assistants of the guy you just fired? This is just crazy. What about Mike Rice? What about one of the Duke assistants?

Gregory has to be the guy though. It's even that close a call. If it's Donahue or a Skinner-tree guy I'm going to sh!t a godd@m brick. I asked a MSU grad friend of mine about Gregory, his response "He's the f@cking man". Just make it happen Gene. Don't make me lose all faith in BC athletics.
eagleman99
n00b

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:22 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:GDF had better land Gregory. My first choice all along. Cart wheels from LA if BG is the new BC coach.

Agreed. But, GDF won't even interview him.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum