Coach K doesn't like 'doodle'

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Coach K doesn't like 'doodle'

Postby talon on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:27 pm

This Indianapolis Star ran this (the doodles are part of the print):

"I did see that, and first thing I thought was, 'that can't be.' How could a newspaper do that," Krzyzewski. "I thought somebody doodled ..."

"But it was kinda juvenile," he added."Not kind of, it was juvenile. And my seven grand kids didn't enjoy looking at it. It is what it is. It's very juvenile. We have great kids who go to school, they graduate. If we're going to be despised or hated by anyone because we go to school and we want to win, you know what? That's your problem. You have a problem. Because we're going to go to school and we're going to try to win. You don't like it? Keep drawing pictures ... just keep drawing pictures. Try to do them a little better than that, though."
talon
Cushing Hall

Re: Coach K doesn't like 'doodle'

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 pm

I am not a big fan of Coach K from the Lacrosse Coach deal where Coach K did not use his power and sway and prevent that friend's firing, but he is right...that is bullshit.

BC only wishes it could recruit kids like Duke eevry year and play like Duke in the NCAA's and be like Duke...and I fucking hate Duke!!!!!!!!

But...they run a clean goal standard program...they graduate and they play hard amd always hustle...and they got no bong smoking lazy punks like we have at BC --or at least 3...

Sorta a reflection of the Head Coach.... the team at Duke...

BC...sorta the reflection of the Head Coach described by Ryan and Hurley....

If the Nike fits.....?????
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Coach K's records astound
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 1:51 PM
Filed Under: Coaches, 2010 Final Four
Duke coach Mike Krzyewski’s been a target of hate among college hoops fans for some time.

To reinforce that notion, the Indianapolis Star ran an illustration in some of Friday’s editions featuring Coach K with horns and a target drawn on his head. Guess everyone needed a reminder that the Devils aren’t liked. (The paper has since apologized for the illustration.)

Whether you approve of the illustration or think hating Duke is now passé, there’s no debate about Krzyzewski’s place n college hoops history. Few have ever done it better.

And really, that can’t be said enough because unless Tom Izzo maintains his remarkable pace for reaching Final Fours, it’s going to be tough to match what Coach K’s done.

His overall record – 35 seasons, 868 wins, 12 ACC titles, 11 Final Fours and three national titles – is gaudy. And consider his NCAA tournament records. He’s 75-22 in the Big Dance and has won 77 percent of the time, best among all active coaches and 11th all-time in terms of win percentage (no coach has more NCAA tourney victories).

Yes, this was his first Final Four since 2004. Only with Coach K could that be seen as some sort of failure. Even if he loses Saturday and doesn’t win an NCAA tournament game for the next six years, he’d still have a better win percentage in the Big Dance than Dean Smith.

What about this nugget? Coach K was 38-9 in the tourney when Duke played in seven Final Fours between 1986 and 1994 (and was only a No. 1 seed twice). That’s as many NCAA tournament victories as Rick Pitino has and three more victories than Izzo. And both of them have won at least 73 percent of their tournament games!

Even when the Blue Devils became a de-facto No. 1 seed in the late ‘90s and through the mid-2000s – eight times in nine years – they still weren’t choking every year. They were 29-9 in that span, meeting or exceeding their seed three times.

Perhaps Duke will win it all this season and Coach K’s status will go up another notch.

Or maybe the Devils will lose and he’ll have to content himself with a stellar season and the likely No. 1 team entering next season.

Love him or hate him, you have to give him his due.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:52 pm

It could have been worse. Somebody could have drawn swastikas.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Comment: The Blue Devils have made the third round of the Tournament 19 times in 25 years.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Comment: The Blue Devils have made the third round of the Tournament 19 times in 25 years.

Hey, we've done it 1 time in 13 years. But that's only because TEH TOURNEY IZ RANDOM!!!!!!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:08 pm

NCAA Tournament Appearances: 9 (7-9, .438)
NCAA Final Four Appearances: 0
NCAA Tournament Championships: 0

75-22 and 11 final Fours and 3 titles and the same academic standards as BC.
7-9 and 0 Final Fours and 0 title.

I guess now you know why I want BC to build a $1 billion dollar retractable dome 6 years ago and wish 4 years ago we hired Bob Knight or Nolan Richardson.

BC has to one day, hire a great AD and President and realize with the St. John's land that BC will never have to make a call for donations if they had even half the VISION and a re-tractable dome and even if not, a AD who could had hired Brian Kelly or whomever.

Do you get it now?

We have become so used to accepting mediocrity and losing that it became a mindset at BC from its administration to its students to most of the alumni.

That is why i started my posting in 2003, soon coming to a long lurking sabbatical.

Only a few knew we should be the greatest University in the Galaxy with that St. John's land.

The assholes form the Jets and Giants, some BC alums, want the 2014 Super Bowl....well that is nice...

Last time I checked the new BILLION DOLLAR palace in the swamps had no re-tractable dome and February is so Miami balmy and warm..oh,,,JERSEY SHORE WITH SNOOKIE!!!

Fucking idiots the NFL to waive that 50 degree rule.

Even in Arlington, they put on a re-tractable roof for REVENUE BONANZAS.. Does NY and NJ every do anything right up there?

February in New Jersey can be 10 degrees and windy...wow, that should amke for a great 6-3 1934 NFL Title match!!

ASSHOLES!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm getting a bit concerned over 74's love affair with Duke.

Don't you want to marry Greg Paulus?

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:26 pm

talon {l Wrote}:I'm getting a bit concerned over 74's love affair with Duke.

Don't you want to marry Greg Paulus?

Talon--

if you had a chance last season for watching a rusty Shinskie play with a solid team or Paulus at the helm, who do you think after watching Paulus with a horrible Cuse team, would had done better?

Not even close.

BC should strive to be like Duke in basketball.

5 guys taller and better than our front line and more coming.

What the fuck do we have a TOB type of 6'8 ceiling on our big men and they are all 1 star pussies?

Ok, that was the Lazy Elvis era.

It will take 3 years to turn BC around. Weed out the weed smokers first!

When we sign 5 great kids and some big men like the other 10 look a like schools in the tournamnet this year, then you can call me out.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:36 pm

2009-10 Duke Blue Devils - Men's Basketball
NO NAME POS HT WT CLASS HOMETOWN
2 Nolan Smith G 6-2 185 Junior Upper Marlboro, MD
3 Seth Curry G 6-1 175 Sophomore Charlotte, NC
5 Mason Plumlee F 6-10 230 Freshman Warsaw, IN
12 Kyle Singler F 6-8 230 Junior Medford, OR
20 Andre Dawkins G 6-4 190 Freshman Chesapeake, VA
21 Miles Plumlee F 6-10 240 Sophomore Warsaw, IN
30 Jon Scheyer G 6-5 190 Senior Northbrook, IL
34 Ryan Kelly F 6-10 220 Freshman Raleigh, NC
41 Jordan Davidson G 6-1 180 Senior Melbourne, AR
42 Lance Thomas F 6-8 225 Senior Scotch Plains, NJ
51 Steve Johnson F 6-5 210 Junior Colorado Springs, CO
52 Todd Zafirovski F 6-8 240 Freshman Lake Forest, IL
53 Casey Peters G 6-4 185 Junior Red Bank, NJ
55 Brian Zoubek C 7-1 260 Senior Haddonfield, NJ

THIS IS A CHAMPIONSHIP TYPE OF TEAM.

MIKE K knew he had to get bigger up front and he went and got the Plumlees for 15 fouls and 3 big men.

That is how he adapted after being bounced out early. He saw the game changed and adapted. he went out and won these kids over.

Lazy Elvis got up at 11 and shot some hoops at the Rec Plex.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:39 pm

2010 Player Commits
NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL RANK GRADE STATUS NOTES
Kyrie Irving Point Guard 6-1 172 St. Patrick H.S. (NJ) PG #2 97 Signed
Joshua Hairston Power Forward 6-9 220 Montrose Christian School (MD) PF #7 96 Signed
Tyler Thornton Point Guard 6-2 180 Gonzaga College H.S. (DC) PG #24 92 Signed
2010 Player Commitments - Duke - Junior College/Transfers
NAME POS HT WT HOMETOWN SCHOOL STATUS
Carrick Felix Small Forward 6-6 190 Glendale, AZ College of Southern Idaho (ID) Verbal

This is how he is replacing his losses at Point Guard and Power forward.

I hope Noreen34 , Ndao 58 and and Heslip are coming.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:36 pm

That may be a good team, but West Virginia will beat 'em. I'm calling it.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Mountainqueers lose by 15.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:40 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Mountainqueers lose by 15.

Puke -- 72
Mountainqueers -- 79
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:04 am

Duke by 12
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:49 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Coach K's records astound

His overall record – 35 seasons, 868 wins, 12 ACC titles, 11 Final Fours and three national titles – is gaudy. And consider his NCAA tournament records. He’s 75-22 in the Big Dance and has won 77 percent of the time, best among all active coaches and 11th all-time in terms of win percentage (no coach has more NCAA tourney victories).

Call him every name in the book...he is 2 wins away from 4 titles.and his teams are classy.

BC has zero Final Fours.

ENJOY!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 pm

How does Duke get away with such incredibly low academic standards is why they win...right....our guys Graduate...

just wanted to play the Graduation and Admissions excuse card so all the people who insulted me over the last 4 years can feel the warmth of knowing how if not for that brutal academic load of Theology 101 with some queerizoid Jesuit humper we too would have 77 NCAA Wins and 4 titles.

Enjoy!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:26 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:That may be a good team, but West Virginia will beat 'em. I'm calling it.

Oops. Wrong as usual.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:45 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I am not a big fan of Coach K from the Lacrosse Coach deal where Coach K did not use his power and sway and prevent that friend's firing, but he has made amends....

BC only wishes it could recruit kids like Duke every year and play like Duke in the NCAA's and be like Duke...BC let its program go down fast becasue of the word I hate the most==LAZY!!!!

We were never in the ballgame the last 4 years since we never made any effort????

Fuck all of you....74 knew when I posted all the big men at the catholic schools including the Gonzaga post and oh, all here told me how wrong I was on the Barcolounger back then!

Eat shit and die..DUKE HAS 4 and is always, always like our BC Hockey team..IN THE MIX FOR A TITLE!

Duke...they run a clean gold standard program...they graduate and they play hard, intense and always hustle...and they got no bong smoking lazy punks and fat cheesesteak pounding prima donnas like we have at BC --or at least 3...

Sorta a reflection of the Head Coach.... the team at Duke...grindersa nd hard workers...

BC...sorta the reflection of the Head Coach described by Ryan and Hurley....

Lazy and Fat and bong heads.

If the Nike fits.....?????

GOOD RIDDANCE LAZY ELVIS!!!!...This asshole guy embarrassed my alma mater when we had to pay $3M just to get him the fuck out of the Rec Plex and sleep in at home.

Nolan Richardson woulda had these dope smoking fat ass bitches jogging every morning at 6 when Lazy Elvis was in snooze land!

:74

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

His overall record – 35 seasons, 868 wins, 12 ACC titles, 11 Final Fours and three FOUR national titles – is gaudy. And consider his NCAA tournament records. He’s 77 75-22 in the Big Dance and has won 77 percent of the time, best among all active coaches and 11th all-time in terms of win percentage (no coach has more NCAA tourney victories).

Call him every name in the book...he is 2 wins away from 4 titles.and his teams are classy.

BC has zero Final Fours.

ENJOY!

Be like Duke.

They may "flop" sometimes, but they get to Final Fours and have won twice as many as they have lost and to some great teams.

BC, well our teams, we just flop all teh fucking time and have the intensity of loser fat asses.

REALITY --This is what happens when you know your Head Coach was propped up by 2 hard working assistants ----and he never recruited ----and you know it----and then you stupidly sign him to a long term contract.

The assistants leave and you have the Lazy Elvis barcolounger---BC's all time rec Plex leading scorer!!--- and don;t think our lazy Elvis persona was not well know throughout the recruiting world and circles like you think Coaches do not talk from HS to college???

Stevie D has a long road to clean out the barn from the Lazy Elvis shit!

:74

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:36 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:NCAA Tournament Appearances: 9 (7-9, .438)

75-22 and 11 final Fours and 3 titles and the same academic standards as BC.

I guess now you know why I want BC to build a $1 billion dollar retractable dome 6 years ago and wish 4 years ago we hired Bob Knight or Nolan Richardson.

BC has to one day, hire a great AD and President and realize with the St. John's land that BC will never have to make a call for donations if they had even half the VISION and a re-tractable dome and even if not, a AD who could had hired Brian Kelly or whomever.

Do you get it now?

We have become so used to accepting mediocrity and losing that it became a mindset at BC from its administration to its students to most of the alumni.

That is why i started my posting in 2003, soon coming to a long lurking sabbatical.

Only a few knew we should be the greatest University in the Galaxy with that St. John's land.

The assholes form the Jets and Giants, some BC alums, want the 2014 Super Bowl....well that is nice...

Last time I checked the new BILLION DOLLAR palace in the swamps had no re-tractable dome and February is so Miami balmy and warm..oh,,,JERSEY SHORE WITH SNOOKIE!!!

Fucking idiots the NFL to waive that 50 degree rule.

Even in Arlington, they put on a re-tractable roof for REVENUE BONANZAS.. Does NY and NJ every do anything right up there?

February in New Jersey can be 10 degrees and windy...wow, that should amke for a great 6-3 1934 NFL Title match!!

ASSHOLES!!

Going for 5 with this team. Only 3 or 4 teams have a shot at beating DUke.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:37 pm

His overall record – 35 seasons, 868 wins, 12 ACC titles, 11 Final Fours and FOUR national titles – is gaudy. And consider his NCAA tournament records. He’s 77-22 in the Big Dance and has won 77 percent of the time, best among all active coaches and 11th all-time in terms of win percentage (no coach has more NCAA tourney victories).

Head Coach of Dallas Cowboys, Jason "REDJ" Garrett spent the weekend with Mike K. before his first real season on how to deal with players and leadership and wanted Mike K. to mentor him in the aspects of a NFL job.

That is respect from any professional level. Mike K. is our Olympic Coach too.

Duke lost Kylie and Nolan Smith as taken his PG slot and may be the Player of the Year in College or a true tranforming miracle how Mike K. has developed this kid from SG to PG.

That is why Mike K. is in a league by himself.

RedJ was going to come up and see Frank Spaziani also but Spazoo was too busy making gravy in his spare time since we now have a real Head Coach in Kevin Rogers instead of the "Weekend at Bernie's" towel waving assclown House stooge making catatonic calzones.

My sources are telling me great things about Kevin Rogers already and the BC team. Things are looking up after the worst move ever in 120 years hiring that Topoo aasclown.

GO EAGLES!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:24 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:My sources are telling me great things about Kevin Rogers already and the BC team. Things are looking up after the worst move ever in 120 years hiring that Topoo aasclown.

Sorry 74, but voices in your head don't count as sources.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:My sources are telling me great things about Kevin Rogers already and the BC team. Things are looking up after the worst move ever in 120 years hiring that Topoo aasclown.

Sorry 74, but voices in your head don't count as sources.

Three of my voices disagree.

Two said maybe.

and no more revenue for TRE....share of call up blog boy and his ELR pick... Eagle Dvae and his house diarrhea from Yawkey Stooges...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:41 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

GO EAGLES!

omg for realz? please, tell us more!!!!

Nope. Make me an offer..

or just keepon stalkin??

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm

No more candy for the Board.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:39 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
NCAA Tournament Appearances: 9 (7-9, .438)

77-22 and 11 final Fours and 4 titles and the same academic standards as BC.

Alex Murphy... if he was watching yesterday and the last few seasons... I mean what was there to think about?

Why would he even think seeing Reggie in a daze, no sophomores, and less talent coming back than any team in America????

Win or lose this Duke team is intense, hustles and plays hard for 40 minutes and if you do not, you get yanked!

Duke may have the talent, but it also has great coaching where you rarely if never see them make the mistakes like Pitt or Washington, Vanderbilt, or others.

We now have the Coach, and now we need talent. Soon to be 79-22 and another Sweet Sixteen like its a birthright.

Thank God we now have Stevie D. --just get us some talent and we can compete and get the ball rolling and be in a position for the Alex Murphy's in 2-3 years.

GO EAGLES!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum