Papa Samba Ndao

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Papa Samba Ndao

Postby NJM89 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Is on tv right now on espn2
NJM89
Campion Hall

Re: Papa Samba Ndao

Postby screagle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:27 pm

why? can you give more context?
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:59 pm

I turned it on late and he had a really bad game today, 0 points and fouled out. They play in the championship tomorrow at 130 on espn
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:I turned it on late and he had a really bad game today, 0 points and fouled out. They play in the championship tomorrow at 130 on espn

Sounds like one of those winner Al recruits. :suicide
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:I turned it on late and he had a really bad game today, 0 points and fouled out. They play in the championship tomorrow at 130 on espn

Sounds like one of those winner Al recruits. :suicide

We already have someone who can do that. I believe his name is Josh Southern...and Courtney Dunn...and Evan Ravanel.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:51 pm

I haven't seen him since he lost to the Ultimate Warrior.

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:16 pm

This will be lost on you young nerds, but every time I see the name I think of this:

ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Papa is on right now. He's aggressive, playing decent D on the #5 PF in the country, and is athletic as hell. His offensive game is nonexistent. Good project is he comes to BC.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:49 pm

He has some good height but looks like he needs to spend a lot of time in the weight room.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:01 pm

He's the only guy that can remotely cover Thompson. He'll play most of the minutes today.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Furthering my theory that this guy will contribute nothing but hi-fives during timeouts for at least 2 years...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:31 pm

It's pretty easy to see why Papa doesn't score much. Not enough balls to go around on this team, and when he gets in the paint, he looks to pass.

He already has better handles than Sanders, however.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It's pretty easy to see why Papa doesn't score much. Not enough balls to go around on this team, and when he gets in the paint, he looks to pass.

So does a kid with down syndrome who's been dropping acid...it's not really a stretch.

I'd like to see him actually put the ball on the deck or grab a rebound. He's attached to Thompson's hip and hasn't bothered to help when a teammate gets beat, resulting in a number of scores for Findlay.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:38 pm

I really like Tristan Thompson. He's going to be a good one. But he only scores when Papa is not on him. Not sure if that means Papa plays great D on a 6'10'' guy with skills, or whether Thompson is just not ready for primetime yet.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It's pretty easy to see why Papa doesn't score much. Not enough balls to go around on this team, and when he gets in the paint, he looks to pass.

So does a kid with down syndrome who's been dropping acid...it's not really a stretch.

I'd like to see him actually put the ball on the deck or grab a rebound. He's attached to Thompson's hip and hasn't bothered to help when a teammate gets beat, resulting in a number of scores for Findlay.

He has penetrated twice for easy buckets for a teammate.

They have beaten this team already this year. It is pretty obvious that Papa was told to stay on Thompson and not leave him, and on the other end, stay on the perimeter to draw him out of the lane so that the other guys can get to the cup. That said, I would like to see him be more aggressive on O. On D, HS teams don't play much help defense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I really like Tristan Thompson. He's going to be a good one. But he only scores when Papa is not on him. Not sure if that means Papa plays great D on a 6'10'' guy with skills, or whether Thompson is just not ready for primetime yet.

Oh, I agree, Thompson is a beast and Papa is doing a decent job on him, but help defense is still part of defense...and the reason Findlay is winning is because they're getting to the basket without any resistance and a part of that is Papa's unwillingness to help.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:46 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I really like Tristan Thompson. He's going to be a good one. But he only scores when Papa is not on him. Not sure if that means Papa plays great D on a 6'10'' guy with skills, or whether Thompson is just not ready for primetime yet.

Oh, I agree, Thompson is a beast and Papa is doing a decent job on him, but help defense is still part of defense...and the reason Findlay is winning is because they're getting to the basket without any resistance and a part of that is Papa's unwillingness to help.

High School teams don't play help defense they way they do in college and pros. Especially not these top teams, who are usually not playing each other, and as a result, never require help defense. I can't fault these kids for lacking complex defensive rotation skills when they are probably not being taught how do do it.

Papa is doing better than a decent job on him. Kid has 10 points, none while Papa was covering him. When he gets it in the post with Papa on him, he either passes or commits a turnover.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Has Big Papa even scored yet?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:56 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Has Big Papa even scored yet?

No. Not sure that matters much. He's being asked to draw Thompson away from the basket.

He's playing well. He's the 5th option offensively on this team, but he does his job very well, and has a ton of potential. This was a good signing if they can keep him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:00 pm

I will say this, he is way too unselfish to play on this team. Passes when he should go strong to the rack. Shocked he ever scores with the three black holes that he plays with.

And that block by Thompson explains the strategy of moving Papa to the perimeter on offense. Sound theory, but it takes Papa out of the game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 pm

He had a nice block and I liked his attempt at that jump shot. I see him as a slightly more aggressive, more athletic and slightly taller Cortney Dunn right now. With college coaching, who knows.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:10 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:He had a nice block and I liked his attempt at that jump shot. I see him as a slightly more aggressive, more athletic and slightly taller Cortney Dunn right now. With college coaching, who knows.

I don't see him like Courtney Dunn at all. He's going to be a wing in college, although depending on roster talent, he may play in the paint on defense. Which is why Dave is right when he says he will sit for a couple of years, honing the skills.

He looks like a more talented, less polished Akida McClain to me. McClain would have been a very good player if he could have stayed out of trouble.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:He had a nice block and I liked his attempt at that jump shot. I see him as a slightly more aggressive, more athletic and slightly taller Cortney Dunn right now. With college coaching, who knows.

I don't see him like Courtney Dunn at all. He's going to be a wing in college, although depending on roster talent, he may play in the paint on defense. Which is why Dave is right when he says he will sit for a couple of years, honing the skills.

He looks like a more talented, less polished Akida McClain to me. McClain would have been a very good player if he could have stayed out of trouble.

Well I guess the only reason why I bring up Cortney Dunn is because Papa is a more defensive minded player, almost non-existant on offense it seems. And that's what Cortney Dunn is.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:16 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Well I guess the only reason why I bring up Cortney Dunn is because Papa is a more defensive minded player, almost non-existant on offense it seems. And that's what Cortney Dunn is.

Fair enough. But part of that is because he has only been playing a couple of years. Unlike Dunn, he has shown the ability to dribble, and has nice touch on the one or two jumpers I saw him take.

He's a project. But he is not a big man project. You could just plug him in the paint and put 60 pounds on him, but I think that would not be maximizing his potential. Give him a couple of years to develop at the SF.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:31 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Are you seriously ripping on the kid already? You a fucking loser.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby totheights on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Are you seriously ripping on the kid already? You a fucking loser.

:kudos Unreal.
totheights
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum