Felger & Massarotti - Elitist attitude holding back BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Felger & Massarotti - Elitist attitude holding back BC

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:24 pm

We are in agreement. I want BC to be the best but not be arrogant about it. That may be the ND way but it's not the BC way.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:28 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:We are in agreement. I want BC to be the best but not be arrogant about it. That may be the ND way but it's not the BC way.

Sounds good. Happy Easter to you and yours.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:We are in agreement. I want BC to be the best but not be arrogant about it. That may be the ND way but it's not the BC way.

Sounds good. Happy Easter to you and yours.

To you and yours as well.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm actually happy. I am glad both have come out and admitted that they have an irrational hatred towards BC. I have only heard of them from posters here who write things like "What do you think about what Felger just said?" At least, now we have the admission that no matter what BC ever does, they will hate it. BTW... I think it funny that Felger said that he doesn't hate Bc because he went to BU, he hates BC because alums think they are better than him. Umm... Felger... the reason why BC alums think they are better than you is because you went to BU.

Saved for posterity:
Felger: “People think the reason I hate Boston College is because I went to BU and that’s totally wrong. The reason I hate BC is because they can’t get over themselves. They have this irritating, insufferable, and inflated sense of self worth. For some strange reason nothing is their fault over there. It’s always the ref’s fault, the selection committee’s fault for giving them a bad draw, or whatever excuse they can come up with. Until they get over themselves and realize that they’re not Harvard they can go win all the weed whacker bowls they want. The alumni, the boosters, and most importantly the athletic director need to lose the elitist attitude or they’ll never be a relevant athletic school. BC has problems with their student athletes that every other school in America has. They need to accept it, be willing to admit kids who can play even if they aren’t smart enough or have questionable character, and work with them. Every other school does it. I want BC to be good so I can root against them in big games. What fun is it to hate them if they’re never relevant or playing in games that don’t mean anything? I want to see them change the way thing’s are done, win some games, and have some fun. It’s good for business, but then I want to see them choke. Rooting against BC is just as fun for me as rooting against the Yankees, but in both cases rooting against them just isn’t as fun if they both stink.”

Mazz: “All of what you’re saying is fair. I can’t really find fault or argue with any of it. It’s as if everyone who graduated from Boston College walks around with their chest puffed out. In my mind they have rightfully earned they’re reputation in this town. The people bashing BC in this town are not in the minority at all Mike. Most people in this area feel the same way you do about BC and it seems like the only people who feel differently are the ones that either went there or have some kind of tie to the school. Everyone else hates them. It’s as simple as that. I don’t have a problem with the kids it’s the alumni that keep adding to the negative persona of the school. BC thinks its Harvard Monday through Friday and Nebraska and Duke on the weekends. It’s not impossible to have an elite academic and athletic school, but it’s very hard. Gaining that balance between the two is nearly impossible for any school this day and age. To be honest, I think Boston College has done a fairly good job in both respects, but in order to take the next step the administration needs to get over itself.”

I just want to point out that I get so incredibly Karma Bombed on this board that this fucking post ripping Felger and Mazz received a smite.

Admins... SHOW US THE DAMN KARMA LOGS YOU COWARDS!!!!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:31 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I just want to point out that I get so incredibly Karma Bombed on this board that this fucking post ripping Felger and Mazz received a smite.

Admins... SHOW US THE DAMN KARMA LOGS YOU COWARDS!!!!

smite
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum