Bruce Pearl or We Suck

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bruce Pearl or We Suck

Postby Bunratty on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Let's get this done. Pony up BC. Allocate the money - even if you have to dip into the $1.x Billion endowment fund. This is a once in a lfetime opportunity to put the BC hoops program on the national stage. Eff all of you who whine about the supposed "baggage." There are no saints in D1 basketball. This is an alum, who loves the school, who can flat our RECRUIT and COACH (an incredibly rare combo) - yes - even with the admissions criteria. This guy is a winner. He won't whine about restrictions, etc. He will win anyway. Again, perhaps a once in a lifetime opportunity. Man up BC. Have some balls. For God's sake, have some brains. You may have to pay BP a lot more dough than the "safer" candidates; however, you will get that back in spades in terms of attendance, donor based seating, media revenue, etc. Be smart - do the right thing - hire to WIN - and become special. Even at $3M per year, Pearl is a bargain.

I will even help you with the marketing. First Midnight Madness = "Pearl Jam." Make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Re: Bruce Pearl or We Suck

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 pm

He had virtually the same chance with Brian Kelly and fumbled. Kelly is from Boston, loves the school and city and went to Assumption. Here's the problem. GDF will not hire anyone like a Pearl or Kelly because GDF will not allow a coach to be bigger than him. Unlike the Duke AD, GDF can't handle a Coach K. Unlike the Alabama or Florida AD's, GDF can't handle a Saban or Meyer. GDF has to be the BMOC. He will not allow anyone to bigger than him in Yawkey. Hence, Spaz and some dolt he will hire for Bball. I'm nearly done until GDF is gone. He is ruining the BC athletic program. I don't know how much more I can stand by and watch. After so much progress and promise, this AD is setting us back 4 decades. Right when I became a BC fan. This is really, really tough to watch for the school I have lived and died for, for 40 years. If he fucks this up, I'm cutting off any more financial support and telling them why. I've had it.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 pm

i just exalted 81
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:i just exalted 81

Can you do it 807 more times to get me back to scratch?
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

no
joemack13
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum