GDF Interview tonight

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: GDF Interview tonight

Postby auggiebc on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:33 am

It is remarkable that not one person in the media has asked Pearl about the open coaching position at his alma mater, the same school he has been famously quoted as saying is his dream job. How Patrick can ask him about Oregon and St. John's without asking him about BC is dumbfounding.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:It is remarkable that not one person in the media has asked Pearl about the open coaching position at his alma mater, the same school he has been famously quoted as saying is his dream job. How Patrick can ask him about Oregon and St. John's without asking him about BC is dumbfounding.

I think Pearl has told everyone involved, don't ask the question. This is one of those "If there's smoke there's fire"
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:42 am

If BC ponies up, Pearl would come. He's just waiting to see how much change Gene can find in the couch.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:It is remarkable that not one person in the media has asked Pearl about the open coaching position at his alma mater, the same school he has been famously quoted as saying is his dream job. How Patrick can ask him about Oregon and St. John's without asking him about BC is dumbfounding.

I think Pearl has told everyone involved, don't ask the question. This is one of those "If there's smoke there's fire"

Or, in this case, "if there's no smoke at all, anywhere, there's fire".
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 am

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:GDF said all he learned from the Jags fiasco is that he'll never hire a Pro coach again.

Ugh. That's just gross. Let's eliminate anyone who has ever been successful at the highest level of coaching. Yay! :bag
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby kdurkin on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 am

Assuming we will not get someone like Bruce P, I think a Chris Mack or Brian Gregory should be realistic. I believe this job is too good for Bill Coen at this point, or Mooney either. If it has to be one of those two, we should have kept Al another year.
kdurkin
n00b

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:20 am

Chris Mack??? I never understand his inclusion. Really... he has yet to show he can do little more than a decent job coaching Sean Miller's talent.

Gregory, Mooney, Donahue, Wojcik, Bennett, Stevens... are all mid-major coaches with a long track record and whose accomplishments are really their own.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum