Here's the thing with Cooley/Coen

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Here's the thing with Cooley/Coen

Postby BCWest on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

I simply can't stand the coach in waiting concept. It really seems to be a failure more often than a success.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Well... I simply can't stand the idea of tossing Al Skinner under a bus, paying him $3mm and then just hiring Cooley/Coen. If we are going to go the failure route... my suggestion would have saved the program money and reputation.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

It will probably turn out to be a bad decision. But at least we're having fun :banana
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby BCWest on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Well... I simply can't stand the idea of tossing Al Skinner under a bus, paying him $3mm and then just hiring Cooley/Coen. If we are going to go the failure route... my suggestion would have saved the program money and reputation.

Just like with TOB, Jags, or Spaz....

The first question is whether or not you should retain your current guy. Keeping a guy around because of money usually ends up making things worse and worse. See Dan Hawkins.

It seems you have conflicting views:

Should Skinner have been retained? Yes or no? If the answer is yes, you move on. If the answer is no, you don't.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 pm

If Gene hires Cooley or Coen, I am rooting for whichever of NU or Fairfield loses their coach. Just saying.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If Gene hires Cooley or Coen, I am rooting for whichever of NU or Fairfield loses their coach. Just saying.

I'm on board with you. I want no part of either of these guys and will lose significant interest in the pgoram.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If Gene hires Cooley or Coen, I am rooting for whichever of NU or Fairfield loses their coach. Just saying.

I'm on board with you. I want no part of either of these guys and will lose significant interest in the pgoram.

As respected as these guys are, and I'm sure they're not bad guys, it would probably be a hard sell to those who closely follow the program. If you're GDF, how the fuck do you get up to the microphone and say "change is a good thing" to justify shitcanning Al, and then hire someone who played a key role in the old regime?

I would much rather they bring in some new faces.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Well... I simply can't stand the idea of tossing Al Skinner under a bus, paying him $3mm and then just hiring Cooley/Coen. If we are going to go the failure route... my suggestion would have saved the program money and reputation.

what a surprise that you have already determined that cooley or coen would be a failure....expectd from a rutgers fan with an agenda. especially since you have never shown one bit of interest in bc basketball prior to this week.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum