This is a huge hire for all of us

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

This is a huge hire for all of us

Postby WoadBlue on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 am

The ACC is down in basketball. It has become a mediocre league, due to a series of mediocre coaches, like lazy Al Skinner. BC has sent him packing, and now BC needs to hire a coach who can win consistently and make players at Catholic HSs in the northeast look first at BC and the ACC.

I might go hardest after Dayton's Brian Gregory, though his ties are midwestern. One thing I would want: the new coach to hire one of the Hurleys as an assistant to recruit Catholic schools.
WoadBlue
n00b

Re: This is a huge hire for all of us

Postby talon on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:52 am

WoadBlue {l Wrote}:The ACC is down in basketball. It has become a mediocre league, due to a series of mediocre coaches, like lazy Al Skinner. BC has sent him packing, and now BC needs to hire a coach who can win consistently and make players at Catholic HSs in the northeast look first at BC and the ACC.

I might go hardest after Dayton's Brian Gregory, though his ties are midwestern. One thing I would want: the new coach to hire one of the Hurleys as an assistant to recruit Catholic schools.

If the hire is important to other ACC schools, I'll expect them to throw us a couple bucks.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 am

:74 ...........with that shit Mr. 7 HS all americans horseshit.

UNC is UNC.

This has got nuthing to do with the ACC or you.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 am

WoadBlue {l Wrote}:The ACC is down in basketball. It has become a mediocre league, due to a series of mediocre coaches, like lazy Al Skinner. BC has sent him packing, and now BC needs to hire a coach who can win consistently and make players at Catholic HSs in the northeast look first at BC and the ACC.

Lazy Al Skinner had a pretty damn good ACC record. Go back to your shitty ACC expansion discussions with 81.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Lazy Al Skinner had a pretty damn good ACC record. Go back to your shitty ACC expansion discussions with 81.

40-40 overall and 19-29 in the last 3 years is hardly something to brag about
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 am

If the ACC is concerned about who we will hire, then they better remove GDF from the search committee. I can guarantee that we will ALL be disappointed with anyone he selects.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

40-40 overall and 19-29 in the last 3 years is hardly something to brag about

I see you've ignored even more of Bob Ryan's article.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

43-42 is "pretty damn good"?
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

You are talking to the "we are what we are" basketball crowd.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

It's mediocre, which should be Al Skinner's middle name.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Who do you want to coach the team?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:14 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Pearl. Coen.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Pearl. Coen.

Coen? Really? You've even lost me on this one. You realize Coen is going to bring the same shit you and I have been bitching about for the last 3 or 4 years on here as Skinner did.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:21 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Pearl. Coen.

Coen? Really? You've even lost me on this one. You realize Coen is going to bring the same shit you and I have been bitching about for the last 3 or 4 years on here as Skinner did.

I don't think Coen=Skinner just because he was on his staff.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Pearl. Coen.

True, Coen's not "colorful".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Pearl. Coen.

Coen is the architect of the tight-flex. It has opened ever so slightly at Northeastern, but sure as shit he is 10000% running the flex. You know... that basketball offensive system that you slammed for years under Skinner.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Pearl. Coen.

Coen is the architect of the tight-flex. It has opened ever so slightly at Northeastern, but sure as shit he is 10000% running the flex. You know... that basketball offensive system that you slammed for years under Skinner.

Um, when have I slammed the flex? Are you talking to OJ? Don't quote me if you're talking to OJ. I'm not OJ.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Pearl. Coen.

Um, when have I slammed the flex? Are you talking to OJ? Don't quote me if you're talking to OJ. I'm not OJ.

Again, an offense designed where the Center passes to the PF across the free throw line, where our guards are trying to post guys up in the paint so that all 5 players are below the free throw line. I realized it's not that simple, but it's the dumbest fucking concept and flies against everything any of us have ever been taught about offensive basketball. Hire Donahue, and we can find out what spacing the court looks like, something I haven't seen in years here on offense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

It's the third-most wins since joining the conference, isn't it?

I was happy with his record up until this year, and I'll be damned if this UNC tard who spends most of his post rambling about a 14-team ACC blame BC for the mediocrity of the league.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks WordBlue, winning the NIT tonight will really help the reputation of the league. :whiteflag
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:08 pm

This hire would be a lot more important if ND and Penn State were in the ACC.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:15 pm

how does the firing of al skinner relate to the storied unc/uva football rivalry? please give you input...
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:42 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:how does the firing of al skinner relate to the storied unc/uva football rivalry? please give you input...

Went to the UNC v. BC game a couple years ago in Chapel Hill when we lost 48-17 or whatever. UNC's football games are even more pathetic than ours regarding fan support and traditions. Granted it was raining, but it slightly resembled a Duke football game with plenty of good seats available everywhere.

I remember Akins blocking a punt for a TD to put us up 10-0 and being like shit, we're going to win this game. I think Crane then entertained me with 3 Pick 6's and 5 or 6 overall INT's before we brought in Cesspool Davis down by 4 TDs. Waste of time.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum