Coen, Mooney to Interview Thursday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Coen, Mooney to Interview Thursday

Postby Buttercup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Buttercup
Carney Hall

Re: Coen, Mooney to Interview Thursday

Postby CrownRoyal on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:10 pm

I have a strong feeling that Donahue will be the guy.
CrownRoyal
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 pm

CrownRoyal {l Wrote}:I have a strong feeling that Donahue will be the guy.

I think Route 66 was right...that is the word...

Donahue and Coen --good choices..the others not so much.

Chris Mack is not coming here, my number 1.

I hope Coen gets it now, not because I said so Sunday, because as Ryan said today about Bill Coen.....like Bobby Hurley....... Bill Coen earned it with his hard work and recruiting and knowledge and he deserves his shot at the greatest University in the Galaxy.

Either way, I got no disaster level blunder assessment with either hard working guy.

BC will be back sooner than later.

I hope the new Head Coach drugs tests 3X a week and if there is a smell of weed at some party or wafting through the Boston night air and you play sports at BC......

HOLD YOUR FUCKING BREATH!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 pm

If Coen was the man behind Al Skinner's success... Why not give him a try? Crazy logic, I know. Does he not have enough "fire?"
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:43 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:If Coen was the man behind Al Skinner's success... Why not give him a try? Crazy logic, I know. Does he not have enough "fire?"

Why not? Because "Al Skinner's success" wasn't that successful.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagleman99 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:02 am

From the Chicago Tribune, in an article about Reggie Theus interviewing at DePaul and the DePaul job:

"Several news reports list Dayton's Brian Gregory as a potential candidate. He reiterated Wednesday neither he nor Dayton has been contacted by any school. The Flyers play for the NIT championship Thursday night in New York."
eagleman99
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:19 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:If Coen was the man behind Al Skinner's success... Why not give him a try? Crazy logic, I know. Does he not have enough "fire?"

Why not? Because "Al Skinner's success" wasn't that successful.

It was -- until Coen left.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:57 am

For 17--this makes you smarter than most adults on this site.

Coen or Donahue... I am ok.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 am

What Gene said he wanted in a coach the other day was basically the opposite of Al Skinner. I can't see how you want the opposite of Skinner and then insert his former assitant. Not saying it won't happen but it would not be anywhere close to in line with what we heard Gene say.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:30 am

What Gene said he wanted is also opposite his actions in this search. There isn't a single name mentioned thus far that is going to re-energize this fanbase.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 am

How is Coen a good choice? Everyone has bitched and moaned about the recruiting and the fact that BC never gets top 100 players. Here's a news flash, when Coen was here they weren't getting top 100 players. They were getting the under-the-radar guys that developed into pretty good players. Just like in football, if you shit-can the winningest coach in school's history, please make a fucking splash with your new hire and move on to the next level. Coen = :spaz3

I have reordered my preference:
Pearl
Pearl
Pearl
Lon Kruger
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Coen = :spaz3

Not neccesarily. Notice how when Bill Coen left that Al's success dissapeared. Every coach has to start somewhere. Just because Coen was on Al's staff doesn't mean he is Al. Fact.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby cameagle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:01 pm

for the record, HJS, its obvious you don't know much about Cooley. He is the exact opposite of Skinner. He is very emotional during the game. He does not run a tight flex offense, he very much markets his team to the students and community. in addition, to that he has at least one player who could easily start for BC.
cameagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 am

cameagle {l Wrote}:for the record, HJS, its obvious you don't know much about Cooley. He is the exact opposite of Skinner. He is very emotional during the game. He does not run a tight flex offense, he very much markets his team to the students and community. in addition, to that he has at least one player who could easily start for BC.

His back court would start at BC.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:How is Coen a good choice? Everyone has bitched and moaned about the recruiting and the fact that BC never gets top 100 players. Here's a news flash, when Coen was here they weren't getting top 100 players. They were getting the under-the-radar guys that developed into pretty good players. Just like in football, if you shit-can the winningest coach in school's history, please make a fucking splash with your new hire and move on to the next level. Coen = :spaz3

I have reordered my preference:
Pearl
Pearl
Pearl
Lon Kruger

Agreed. I have no idea why people think Coen would be successful here, we couldn't do a whole hell of a lot with a few NBA caliber players when he was here. Again, No Skinner assistants.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum