Bold prediction for next year?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bold prediction for next year?

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm

You can have one prediction, or several. I don't really care. But I think due to coaching change, I think Evan Ravenel will start and Biko will never be on the floor for another opening tip again. While the last part may not be bold, I think the bolder part of the statement is the assumption that Reggie Jackson will not transfer and will start at PG for every game next year.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: Bold prediction for next year?

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:46 pm

I'd like to see who is named coach before engaging in this retardedness.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd like to see who is named coach before engaging in this retardedness.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure Al Skinner is the only coach on mother Earth who would start both Josh Southern and Biko Paris on the same fucking basketball court for 25 games. So, it's pretty safe to say that regardless of the coach you can still make those predictions.

Feel free to contribute to the fucking conversation, though. A bold prediction for next year may include who's coaching, if you needed help brainstorming.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd like to see who is named coach before engaging in this retardedness.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure Al Skinner is the only coach on mother Earth who would start both Josh Southern and Biko Paris on the same fucking basketball court for 25 games. So, it's pretty safe to say that regardless of the coach you can still make those predictions.

Feel free to contribute to the fucking conversation, though. A bold prediction for next year may include who's coaching, if you needed help brainstorming.

I already predicted who will be coaching in the who will be coaching thread. I will engage in your starting lineup discussion when we see who coaches and who is still there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I already predicted who will be coaching in the who will be coaching thread. I will engage in your starting lineup discussion when we see who coaches and who is still there.

Fair enough.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:at this time it is only fair to say that i like bc basketball. do you like bc basketball? i hope bc basketball excels under a new head coach because i like bc basketball.

YES! I like BC basketball! I'm so happy I found someone else who likes BC basketball, because I don't know a lot of people personally who like BC basketball. Now I can have a secret best friend to talk about BC basketball with, and maybe other things I like too. But mostly BC basketball. I really hope the new coach for BC is good, because I like good basketball coaches, especially when they are at BC, which I like.

I can't wait until I beat this joke to death.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
I can't wait until I beat this joke to death.

are you oj's dad? he used to say that all the time too

:whammy
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby totheights on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 pm

I think its time to predict our record.

I'm going with 28-2. NCAA Title here we come.

Oh wait, didn't we say that before this past year? :whiteflag
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 pm

We won't have a lazy fuck who wont recruit and depended on assistants for everything except to wipe his ass.

EXALT!!!!!!!!!!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Shredder on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Even Al was phasing Biko out so that's not much of a stretch. Reggie would be stupid to transfer because he'd have to sit out a year right in the middle of his college career and it's very possible he'll have an even greater role with his new coach. If Donahue is the new coach, I can see Noreen starting over the current "big" men we have.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Here's a bold prediction: We are a 5 seed next year in the NCAA tournament.

Mark it down. If I'm right, I called it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If I'm horribly wrong, feel free to make this your signature commarevenge-style. But hey, I did say it.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Here's a bold prediction: We are a 5 seed next year in the NCAA tournament.

Mark it down. If I'm right, I called it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If I'm horribly wrong, feel free to make this your signature commarevenge-style. But hey, I did say it.

I like this. I am going to concur. ONIONS!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 am

Al Skinner will not be coaching
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:34 am

Well, I think we can ressurect this now. We know who's coaching. I have a feeling we are going to have a great coaching staff. Donahue worked them hard yesterday from what I've heard.

Good coaching + Good potential = Good results
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am

I'm scared that if I predict something and it's wrong that OJ's going to come after me with a knife. Or worse, a studded dildo.

BC beats at least one team from each from the Big East, ACC, SEC, Big 11, A-10 and either Pac 10 or Big XII. And isn't torturous to watch.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:53 am

My prediction:

Captain D isn't afraid to mess with lineups and rolls out a first game starting lineup of reggie, heslip, rakim, trap, and ravenel.

Noreen and Raji are the first off the bench.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:55 am

I predict BC will stay in the ACC.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:01 pm

I predict Heslip will have more points per game than Rakim will have donuts per game. In other words, 10+.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:32 pm

My prediction: This guy is going to fix the holes in Sanders' game, and the style of play will suit him. 20/8/5, First Team ACC. I also think that Trapani thrives and Jackson averages 7.5 assists per game.

Overall, they will be up and down, but win 22 and make the tourney.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My prediction: This guy is going to fix the holes in Sanders' game, and the style of play will suit him. 20/8/5, First Team ACC. I also think that Trapani thrives and Jackson averages 7.5 assists per game.

Hope you're right but I don't think Rakim could average 5 APG in a 2-on-2 tournament. I could certainly see Jackson averaging 7.5 though, especially since we'll probably play more of an up tempo style.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My prediction: This guy is going to fix the holes in Sanders' game, and the style of play will suit him. 20/8/5, First Team ACC. I also think that Trapani thrives and Jackson averages 7.5 assists per game.

Hope you're right but I don't think Rakim could average 5 APG in a 2-on-2 tournament. I could certainly see Jackson averaging 7.5 though, especially since we'll probably play more of an up tempo style.

Donahue demands sharing the ball. If Rakim is going to the basket and playing 30+ minutes a game instead of hovering on the perimeter and chucking threes, he will get a ton of assists. Maybe not 5 a game, but a good number. He had 2 a game this year. Of course, that presumes he spends the time to fix the handles.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 pm

I agree on the record - Somewhere right around 20 and in the the tourney. I agree on Jackson and I think Trapani will do fine. Sanders I have to say I'm not as confident. I think he'll be better than this year and the offense suits him much better, but not sure about his numbers being that good and the main reason is the one you metioned - I'm not sure he can fix his handle to that degree. I hope your right and if you are then I'd increase the number of wins by a couple.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby joemack13 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:30 pm

My prediction is that we'll never lose to Harvard again.

As for the rest of the season I'd like to wait to see how the players are feeling about Donahue. If they're willing to do the work I think there's a lot of potential
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Reggie Jackson will be ACC player of the year
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 pm

BC runs the table in the region, finishes with at least 13 wins non-conference, struggles early on in the ACC, gets stronger late in the year and makes the NIT at 19-12. After the previous seasons unmitigated disaster, Donahue is hailed as the next big thing, brings in a really strong recruiting class, and an NCAA Tournament win is the expectation in 2011-2012.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Donahue rallies the team, earns their trust, and is able to have them buy into his system. After a few early losses, the team gets stronger, makes a run into the ACC Tournament and picks up a 6 seed in the NCAAs. In the 2011-2012 season, the team struggles because of the loss of the seniors, but limps to a respectable finish. After making the tournament in his first year and failing to deliver in his second, someone on EO calls for his head creating a firestorm of reaction mostly telling the offender to shut up and GTFOMAM, much bright red bolded font flows from the fingers of 74. In the 2012-2013 season, with his own players now on board and his system fully in place, Donahue leads the Eagles to an ACC tournament victory and a 2 seed in the tournament....provided the Mayans had it all wrong and the world doesn't end on December 21.

That's my bold prediction. :angrychicken
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:54 pm

I think I'm actually going to hold off on my prediction until we see how Noreen reacts to the hire and whether he'll stay. He could be a big role player.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby totheights on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 am

I'm going to predict we bring in a top 25 recruiting class next year.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:58 am

totheights {l Wrote}:I'm going to predict we bring in a top 25 recruiting class next year.

That would be awesome.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum