BC IS NOT BRINGING IN BRUCE PEARL! HERE IS WHY:

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC IS NOT BRINGING IN BRUCE PEARL! HERE IS WHY:

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 am

74 would love to have Bruce Pearl at BC.

74 ranks him 3rd behind Chris Mack and Brad Stevens.

Here you go for people who have not followed BC Sports for 40 years:

1--Do you think Bruce Pearl doesn't know he has BC over a barrel?

BP knows this is lottery day for him and his family being a BC alum and a hot Coach.

BP is one of the Top 10 Best Coaches in America.

2--Bruce will ask for $2.75--$3.25M a year for 5. Fair enough.

3--BC will not pay $18M for 5 years since no one is gonna hire Al Skinner.

Alsleep retired 3 years ago when GDF failed to pay/renew/re-do him over $1.5M like the other Hoops Coaches and Alsleep retired on the job. Al got his revenge and raise when he recruited no one in 2010 and forced GDFuckup's hand.

AL SKINNER PLAYED GDF LIKE A $2.00 KAZOO. Al wanted out becasue he was way underpaid and he got a nice $3M vacation package with benefits.

I despise Skinner since he signed the deal and then retired at my BC and became lazy --- so fuck him. Good riddance.

4--Picture GDF, the disaster level blunderer, telling, sorry --ER CONVINCING!!!--Leahy-Hoo and the trustees that we are gonna pay some guy $3M or so to coach hoops in an empty Conte that when full seats 8K or so and we stil have to pay Skinner?

:74 will be the trustee and Leahy-Hoo's response.

5--Where does that leave our little Midget Mussolini?

6--If you can pay over $2M or 2.5M, why Bruce Pearl?

Why not Chris Mack or Brad Stevens? That is why 74 also despises GDF!!!

7--Bruce Pearl is number 3 on my list if you are gonna get Leahy-Hoo approval for big bucks!!

8--BC then gives GDF the parameters for the new salary structure.

9--That leaves BC with Casablanca, or as I call it >>>> CHECKABLANKA. (PURE GENIUS 74) HUMBLE TOO!

Round up the usual suspencts..Cooley, Donahue, Coen, Mooney, Amaker....

10--THE 74 newly minted BC Genius Theory: CHECKABLANKA -- leaves BC with the Guy GDF trusts and knows and was here......Bill Coen

46-49

ENJOY!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: BC IS NOT BRINGING IN BRUCE PEARL! HERE IS WHY:

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:46 am

BOB RYAN IS READING THE TEA LEAVES FROM HIS BC SOURCES.....

Gene DeFilippo knew all this, but he was comfortable with all of it because for the first dozen or so years, it worked. It worked because Bill Coen was able to find the players for Al, just as he had when he worked for him at Rhode Island. It was Bill Coen who provided Al with Cuttino Mobley, Tyson Wheeler, Troy Bell, Craig Smith, Jared Dudley, Sean Marshall, and Tyrese Rice, among others.

It was a great partnership. Coen found these fallen-through-the-cracks guys (which every one of the above was; no McDonald’s All-Americans in this bunch) and Al certainly coached ’em up, which is something Eagles fans should not forget.

Like I said in my Sunday night post from that same source, this job is Bill Coen's and it would take a miracle to get Stevens or Mack here, or BP.

That last sentence was for Teddy Ballgame.

WELCOME TO CHECKABLANKA!!....papers please..I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship...I hope!!

If recruiting is 74's JOB 1-10 and Talent reigns supreme...then I am now behind Joel and Ethan's little brother.

I would rather see Chris Mack as Coach and have Coen as Assistant Athletic Director and head of Basketball Operations and recruiting, but that is a dream.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleManiac66 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 am

If GDF did not have the $$$ to go after a big hire, he should not have dug a $3M+ hole by terminating Al's contract, thereby leaving room for only a low level hire.

GO :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:56 am

EagleManiac66 {l Wrote}:If GDF did not have the $$$ to go after a big hire, he should not have dug a $3M+ hole by terminating Al's contract, thereby leaving room for only a low level hire.

GO :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Welcome to the new BC and the GDF disaster level blunder II - I posted yesterday.

Unless I am wrong, no way GDF has the Jesuit type of cash for BP.

Then if he did?

Why not Stevens or Mack?

CHECKABLANKA--round up the usual suspects and Bob Ryan telegraphed the BC hiring scoop right there to the Boston Peeps..this am.....

...As I said Sunday Night when I was informed of the buyout and I said this lazy SOB deserved 1 year and Al played GDF like a $2.00 kazoo, all roads lead to Bill Coen.

Bob Ryan this AM made hundreds of 74 posts of laziness and recruiting probation over the last 3 years look like pure oracle genius...

I am so so HUMBLE... :roll: :roll: :roll: :blah :blah :whiteflag

I hope I am wrong ROUTE 66, and Chris Mack, Brad Stevens or Bruce Pearl is hired, but welcome to the world of the Coen Brothers.

I think there is a movie role for me?

I want to be sugar Daddy to soem young ingenue...by the wya WTF is an ingenue?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:32 pm

Coen will be the perfect GDF puppet for a hell of a lot less $$$$$$$ and the board as well as GDF go smiling and laugh all the way to the bank. Pearl might be too much of a BC GUY for chestnut hill and that’s a damn shame !!!!!!!!!!! :lame
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby Mosi on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:36 pm

here is the real reason why Pearl ain't coming

fuck you Felger
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Image

Holy shit Lord...I am at Tennessee...I am adored...

I got Tennessee girls helping me with recruiting and sometime I get some extra tail that no one knows about or cares as long as I win...most of the mindless rednecks and Vol Navy drunks only care about is football.....what the fuck am I nuts.....I make a huge buck now...my cost of living is squat....these backwoods bumpkins buy me everything....

I get to paint myself orange and bang drunken super hot beach broads on vacation if I yell GO VOLS!!....and I wanna come back and have some a group of 65 year old Jesuit homohumping pricks bust my balls about bringing in 3 guys who are 6' 11" who can jump through the Conte roof and and 3 guys from NYC who can dribble through traffic on the East Side Drive and I gotta hear about fucking SAT's and grades when these kids can't spell fucking Knewton?

What the fuck was I thinking talking to GDF about an alumni discount and tradition and a free Sebring?

Get me the fuck back to Rocky Top and my recruiting helpers and I can have Dad fedex me the pastrami!

I think that was close to what the picture was telling Boston College...hey I could be wrong?
:roll:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 pm

The Pearl of Great value will not be displayed at BC.

I have to figure its Donahue --who was the steam inside done deal guy today --- or Coen.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 pm

I never should have been so optimistic - this search is starting to look like the shit show everyone expected. Looks like as long as we have GDF our athletics will be second rate

other than hockey, which he hopefully won't screw up
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Herald is reporting this:

While BC alum Bruce Pearl’s name has been on the wish list of fans, the Tennessee coach is not a serious candidate for the position.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/basketball/view/20100331bill_coen_chris_mooney_next_up_for_bc/
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Globe, NESN, Herald...they all visit here in the AM for their stories and material.

Your welcome.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:35 pm

[quote="BCEagle74]

BP knows this is lottery day for him and his family being a BC alum and a hot Coach.

ENJOY![/quote]

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:[quote="BCEagle74]

ENJOY![/quote][/quote]

Why don't we use the 20Million $$$$$$$$ Roche Brother's Market gave the school to buy a great coach, or did we already blow the money on a yach/Caribbean island
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BCWest on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Bruce PEarl has a $3 million buyout and would require a healthy raise to at least $2.25 million. I don't see how he was EVER an option for BC from the moment that contract happened. At that price, there are only a few coaches making that kind of money (over $2 million):

Cal
Donovan
Self
Motta
Pitino
Coach K

Everyone of those guys has at least been to to the title game. How is worth it to pay Pearl that kind of buyout and then money? It would pay him more money than any coach in the ACC. It would be more than guys like Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim, Tom Izzo, Jim Clownhoun.... Pearl was not and is not an option.

At the price it would not even be worth it. With that kind of money, BC could do even better.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:27 pm

You stupid idiot 12!!

Do you know how much America's Cup racing NCAA high tech Yachts cost for our Darien and Greenwich Girls and guys?

There are the Prada Gloves at $2,500 a pair and silk and stretch tex space suit Uni's at $9,000 and they go through hundreds with the sea salt and persperation. I mean Whitney and Winston can't be made to use washed garments?

You must be a barbarian 12!!!

Then there is the racing boats, the storage, the Yacht Coach make $1.5M, The Yacht Coach chaeuffer makes $1M and the Massage trainers and staff psychologists??

Please 12..... and the topsiders, My GOD, do you expect our kids to not have proper Gucci shoes with little gold Eagle do-dads that shine in the Atlantic sun???

Do you expect our kids not to dine at 5 star establishments and mingle with the chubby girls as printed in the Heights?

Then there is the lodging, first class airfares and diamond Championship bracelets from Tiffany.

Do you know what the sun and salt do to complexions?

Yup the spa expenses and dermatoloogy bills run into the millions!!

Do you know what hundreds of Georgette Kinger facials and skin peels cost??

Bruce Pearl is a chubby little Jewish bagel boy who doesn't sail, and his types are not allowed to mingle with our 2 time National Champion Racing Country Clubbers.

Shame on you 12....

Sail on You Silver Spoon Eagles, Sail on to Glory!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

Holy shit Lord...I am at Tennessee...I am adored...

I got Tennessee girls helping me with recruiting and sometime I get some extra tail that no one knows about or cares as long as I win...most of the mindless rednecks and Vol Navy drunks only care about is football.....what the fuck am I nuts.....I make a huge buck now...my cost of living is squat....these backwoods bumpkins buy me everything....

I get to paint myself orange and bang drunken super hot beach broads on vacation if I yell GO VOLS!!....and I wanna come back and have some a group of 65 year old Jesuit homohumping pricks bust my balls about bringing in 3 guys who are 6' 11" who can jump through the Conte roof and and 3 guys from NYC who can dribble through traffic on the East Side Drive and I gotta hear about fucking SAT's and grades when these kids can't spell fucking Knewton?

What the fuck was I thinking talking to GDF about an alumni discount and tradition and a free Sebring?

Get me the fuck back to Rocky Top and my recruiting helpers and I can have Dad fedex me the pastrami!

I think that was close to what the picture was telling Boston College...hey I could be wrong?
:roll:

GOD DAMN THAT BC WEST..... there I was, up the my eyeballs with divorced horny yentas and Pastrami in Newton and he made GDF do the math and I am fucked!!

Those god damn boy humping Jesuits....they got more cash to buyoff lawsuits and they can't take care of one Jewish Guy during Holy Week?

Now I know how the Gentiles celebrate PASSEDOVER!

OHHH EVEH!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:38 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:You stupid idiot 12!!

Do you know how much America's Cup racing NCAA high tech Yachts cost for our Darien and Greenwich Girls and guys?

There are the Prada Gloves at $2,500 a pair and silk and stretch tex space suit Uni's at $9,000 and they go through hundreds with the sea salt and persperation. I mean Whitney and Winston can't be made to use washed garments?

You must be a barbarian 12!!!

Then there is the racing boats, the storage, the Yacht Coach make $1.5M, The Yacht Coach chaeuffer makes $1M and the Massage trainers and staff psychologists??

Please 12..... and the topsiders, My GOD, do you expect our kids to not have proper Gucci shoes with little gold Eagle do-dads that shine in the Atlantic sun???

Do you expect our kids not to dine at 5 star establishments and mingle with the chubby girls as printed in the Heights?

Then there is the lodging, first class airfares and diamond Championship bracelets from Tiffany.

Do you know what the sun and salt do to complexions?

Yup the spa expenses and dermatoloogy bills run into the millions!!

Do you know what hundreds of Georgette Kinger facials and skin peels cost??

Bruce Pearl is a chubby little Jewish bagel boy who doesn't sail, and his types are not allowed to mingle with our 2 time National Champion Racing Country Clubbers.

Shame on you 12....

Sail on You Silver Spoon Eagles, Sail on to Glory!!!!!!!!!!

74, do you see why the board wouldn’t like me as AD? Instead of them blowing the money why don’t you pump the money into your athletic program. Exposure for the athletics, promotes the school, exposure and athletic success equals $$$$$$$ It would be the school investing in itself. Call me a barbarian if you want 74, but I would rather on field success instead of the administration wine-dine way of excess. I figured the Jesuits would have the money already spent on something ridiculous like a yacht or Caribbean Island….that would be their way of “spending on the athletic program”….”training facilities for our sailing program” GDF PLEASE SPEND THE $$$$$$$$$ ON PEARL K THANKS !!!!
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 pm

You made me cry you savage....

Sail Away my young Lad...sunsets and ice cream for everybody!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:21 am

I can't believe these assholes....they just offered me less money than I make now for the ...."Jesuit Roman Catholic Experience?" :lol:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:46 am

I can't believe these assholes....they just offered me less money than I make now for the ...."Jesuit Roman Catholic Experience?" :lol:

I told you Wednesday...

Now I am telling you soon GDF will be gone and the 17 year old kid I picked will be the one.

How the hell can he do any worse?

DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS...

2 DAYS....3 hours....was that fast enough for you?

I even re-fired it amongst the blog mania and other futile attempts...

Please..WAKE THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot....someone else copied and pasted it after me....sorry...

The world hates and despises an I told you so, (THAT WOULD BE ME).... but with BC and GDF...its like so fucking easy...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am

Come on now?

Did you really think BP was eevr in play?

:lame

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:30 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Come on now?

Did you really think BP was eevr in play?

:lame

Part of me hoped that he would be, however the other part of me remembered that GDF is still running the show so that automatically means disaster. VERY :lame
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 pm

If Wake Forest lands Brad Stevens, then you finally find out how the game of big business is played.

First you sign seal and deliver your offer sheet,---- find out if he accepts and then you fire your Coach.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum