Brian Gregory

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Brian Gregory

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 am

His coaching record at Dayton doesn't really scream overwhelming success. But nor do any of the other guys we're looking at so they may as well bring him in for the interview.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 am

Good point Campion. DePaul is the only school that I read had some interest in him.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 am

Brian Gregory was named here a few days ago. In fact, I think that it was like the topic of a thread... something like Gregory, Mooney or Donahue... I don't know... something like that.

I have not seen his name connected to the BC search other than idle chatter here. That said, the media (and people outside of BC) only started talking about the BC search YESTERDAY. Coen, Cooley, Amaker, Mooney and Donahue are the entire universe of coaching candidates linked to the BC opening. My guess is that a few more than those 5 will be linked to the job search in the coming days.

As for Brian Gregory, I like him. I don't think that the job from the A10 to the ACC is all that great. Personally, I think the A10 is a pretty damn good BB conference. I think it is very comparable to what the Big East will look like once the FB schools break off. I haven't watched Dayton this year, but in previous years I recall his teams being big into pressure defenses. The Dayton fans really seem to love him. His making the NIT Finals this year means nothing to me.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:59 am

You know what's especially weird? There is no Brian Gregory. Some jack-hole 'round these parts just made up a name and claimed him to be a successful mid-major coach potentially interested in the BC job.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:48 pm

campion {l Wrote}:Is he mentioned in the Globe? Herald? NYT? ESPN? SI? Or just here at EO?

Goodman from Fox Sports mentioned both Stevens and Gregory today. Now... he was doing nothing more than spit-balling like we are doing here. But, if you need a media personality to justify the consideration... voila.
http://community.foxsports.com/goodmano ... llege_deal
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum