BRING BRUCE PEARL TO BC!! New Blog Help needed!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BRING BRUCE PEARL TO BC!! New Blog Help needed!!

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:03 am

Jimmy Warlock {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:You guys are merciless. Vinnny, thanks for your work on this.

Why are people so against a blog to get Coach Pearl to come to BC? Maybe Gene DeFilippo will notice. I support it.

It is less about the blog than the blogger.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Jimmy Warlock {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:You guys are merciless. Vinnny, thanks for your work on this.

Why are people so against a blog to get Coach Pearl to come to BC? Maybe Gene DeFilippo will notice. I support it.

It is less about the blog than the blogger.

You guys don't even know me. It's absurd.
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby Jimmy Warlock on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 am

I don't care who started it. It seems like a worthwhile effort and cause.
Jimmy Warlock
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:14 am

Jimmy Warlock {l Wrote}:I don't care who started it. It seems like a worthwhile effort and cause.

That's the issue. The blogger who runs it should also be worthwhile. Vinny is embarrassing.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Jimmy Warlock {l Wrote}:I don't care who started it. It seems like a worthwhile effort and cause.

That's the issue. The blogger who runs it should also be worthwhile. Vinny is embarrassing.

Fine take it over.
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BRINGBrucePearltoBC {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

put my picture of pearl up and i'll take it over

and i'm embarrassing
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

and i'm embarrassing

The first step is recognizing that you have a problem.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

and i'm embarrassing

my question is how many screennames is vinny going to sign up for before he realizes that he's wasting his time by doing so? :blah

p and s. vinny, jay-z has a new song out... when can we expect another video? :D
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

Well I'll continue this effort and would love all of your help. I am going to post the phone numbers )that were posted earlier) and email addresses of the powers that be at BC. If we can get people to call and donate and people to write emails to Gene and the adminstration, we might be able to at least help the cause a little.
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

Isn't that what you wanted originally? I got a "I'll snag the blogspot username and put up the most embarrassing photoshop ever photoshopped, will someone else write the posts?" vibe from your first post.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

Isn't that what you wanted originally? I got a "I'll snag the blogspot username and put up the most embarrassing photoshop ever photoshopped, will someone else write the posts?" vibe from your first post.

No just wanted to form a community effort.
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:23 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

Like the shirt!

Just in case all of you missed this while making fun of me, I've posted all the important numbers and email addresses on the blog. I was inspired by a topic from this board earlier. Thought it would be a great sounding board for the BC community!!

http://bringbrucepearltobc.blogspot.com/2010/03/time-to-let-our-voices-be-heard.html
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby BC '00 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:28 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Fine take it over.

Like the shirt!

Just in case all of you missed this while making fun of me, I've posted all the important numbers and email addresses on the blog. I was inspired by a topic from this board earlier. Thought it would be a great sounding board for the BC community!!

http://bringbrucepearltobc.blogspot.com/2010/03/time-to-let-our-voices-be-heard.html

What I appreciate most about Vinnie is that he doesn't let all the shit he takes get him down. Just keeps going. Kudos, Mr. Favre. :kudos :dildodog
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:30 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:What I appreciate most about Vinnie is that he doesn't let all the shit he takes get him down. Just keeps going. Kudos, Mr. Favre. :kudos :dildodog

He is tenacious, you have to give him that.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:What I appreciate most about Vinnie is that he doesn't let all the shit he takes get him down. Just keeps going. Kudos, Mr. Favre. :kudos :dildodog

He is tenacious, you have to give him that.

Except when he cries and backs out of fights.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Here you go, Vinsanity.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Here you go, Vinsanity.

A certain four-legged friend is missing from this.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

What are they both looking up at?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

The huge pile of cash that Gene just had delivered.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

GDF's plane flying away because he "forgot" Pearl was swinging by for an interview. Gene is scurred of BP
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:15 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 73CAV on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Am I missing something? I can appreciate the fans here wanting to bring a successful, well-known basketball coach to Boston College. That's easy to understand. I am a tad confused by your desire for Bruce Pearl. At Tennessee, he has teams that regular play before crowds in excess of 20,000, and he has virtually no academic restraints when it comes to recruiting. Keeping his players eligible there isn't a Herculean task, either. Given the number of seats the school sells each year for football and basketball (without even mentioning the luxury boxes), the levels of giving required to purchase those seats, and incredible revenue generated by the SEC's agreement with CBS, does anyone here imagine that BC's athletic department has pockets deep enough to match Tennessee's? Plus, in Knoxville he's a mega-star. Regardless of how successful he might become at BC, would he ever enjoy similar status in Boston/Chestnut Hill? Surely, if everyone here feels so strongly about hiring Pearl there must be a reason of which I am unaware. Could someone please explain? Or, is this some joke whose punchline completely escapes outsiders?
73CAV
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:07 pm

73CAV {l Wrote}:Am I missing something? I can appreciate the fans here wanting to bring a successful, well-known basketball coach to Boston College. That's easy to understand. I am a tad confused by your desire for Bruce Pearl. At Tennessee, he has teams that regular play before crowds in excess of 20,000, and he has virtually no academic restraints when it comes to recruiting. Keeping his players eligible there isn't a Herculean task, either. Given the number of seats the school sells each year for football and basketball (without even mentioning the luxury boxes), the levels of giving required to purchase those seats, and incredible revenue generated by the SEC's agreement with CBS, does anyone here imagine that BC's athletic department has pockets deep enough to match Tennessee's? Plus, in Knoxville he's a mega-star. Regardless of how successful he might become at BC, would he ever enjoy similar status in Boston/Chestnut Hill? Surely, if everyone here feels so strongly about hiring Pearl there must be a reason of which I am unaware. Could someone please explain? Or, is this some joke whose punchline completely escapes outsiders?

It is based on little other than him being a native of Sharon, MA, a BC grad, a former BC grad assistant under Dr. Tom Davis, his self professed love for Boston and BC as recently as 3 weeks ago when he had his team in Providence (and, evidently, in his annual donations), and the fact that the ACC is king.

Other than that, no, there is really no good reason for him to leave TN to come to BC. Everything you say is true.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
73CAV {l Wrote}:Am I missing something? I can appreciate the fans here wanting to bring a successful, well-known basketball coach to Boston College. That's easy to understand. I am a tad confused by your desire for Bruce Pearl. At Tennessee, he has teams that regular play before crowds in excess of 20,000, and he has virtually no academic restraints when it comes to recruiting. Keeping his players eligible there isn't a Herculean task, either. Given the number of seats the school sells each year for football and basketball (without even mentioning the luxury boxes), the levels of giving required to purchase those seats, and incredible revenue generated by the SEC's agreement with CBS, does anyone here imagine that BC's athletic department has pockets deep enough to match Tennessee's? Plus, in Knoxville he's a mega-star. Regardless of how successful he might become at BC, would he ever enjoy similar status in Boston/Chestnut Hill? Surely, if everyone here feels so strongly about hiring Pearl there must be a reason of which I am unaware. Could someone please explain? Or, is this some joke whose punchline completely escapes outsiders?

It is based on little other than him being a native of Sharon, MA, a BC grad, a former BC grad assistant under Dr. Tom Davis, his self professed love for Boston and BC as recently as 3 weeks ago when he had his team in Providence (and, evidently, in his annual donations), and the fact that the ACC is king.

Other than that, no, there is really no good reason for him to leave TN to come to BC. Everything you say is true.

I'm with 73CAV. You guys are a bunch of noodle-brained noodle brains.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:19 pm

I love rice noodles and pork szechuan.

Pearl is my number 3 choice so you guys have at it.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Holy shit Lord...I am at Tennessee...I am adored...

I got Tennessee girls helping me with recruiting and sometime I get some extra tail that no one knows about or cares as long as I win...most of the mindless rednecks and Vol Navy drunks only care about is football.....what the fuck am I nuts.....I make a huge buck now...my cost of living is squat....these backwoods bumpkins buy me everything....

I get to paint myself orange and bang drunken super hot beach broads on vacation if I yell GO VOLS!!....and I wanna come back and have some a group of 65 year old Jesuit homohumping pricks bust my balls about bringing in 3 guys who are 6' 11" who can jump through the Conte roof and and 3 guys from NYC who can dribble through traffic on the East Side Drive and I gotta hear about fucking SAT's and grades when these kids can't spell fucking Knewton?

What the fuck was I thinking talking to GDF about an alumni discount and tradition and a free Sebring?

Get me the fuck back to Rocky Top and my recruiting helpers and I can have Dad fedex me the pastrami!

I think that was close to what the picture was telling Boston College...hey I could be wrong?
:roll:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm

campion {l Wrote}:How are we supposed to be excited about this blog if it doesn't get updated? I was thrilled at the prospect of having this blog for all of my Bruce Pearl news, but I am very disappointed in Vinny's half assed effort.

Merciless . . .
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum