Wed Morning Media

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Wed Morning Media

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:03 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:If GDF reached out to UT then I believe someone there (in the UT Athletic Dept) would leak it out. They'd want to make it as uncomfortable as possible for him to leave and would want to make sure the 'necks had time to burn down his house en route to a sure lynching.

Not true at all. There's no incentive for Tennessee to leak the rumor because they want to keep him as their coach. If you leak the rumor, then Pearl doesn't want to come here, it just gets uncomfortable for everyone down at UT. It's in everyone's best interest to keep it as quiet as possible. Again, I don't think Pearl will be contacted until after this weekend if GDF wants to bring Stevens in for an interview. Their in that magical place called the Final Four.

Did you see Stevens on PTI last night? He basically said he is not going anywhere.

Didn't see the interview. If he's not excited about the BC job, GDF won't even bother interviewing him but still, you're not going to see anything I don't think until Butler is KO'd.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm

There are many ways to guage an individuals interest in a job without requesting permission from an AD to speak to him.

In the end, if they do ask for permission then BC has rounded up the cash to make a serious run at him. There is no way Pearl would publicly go through the interview and then be told "hey sorry we only got 1.5MM to spend."
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Buttercup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:09 pm

A source just texted me "Hearing Donahue done deal". Definitely a good source but don't know if somebody might just be exagerating a good interview.
Last edited by Buttercup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Buttercup {l Wrote}:A source just texted me "Hearing Donahue done deal". Definitely a good source but don't know if somebody might just be exxagerating a good interview.

Thanks for the info. I'd be surprised to see a hire before the FF because that's such a great place to network and speak to different coaches, whether it be a formal interview or merely a casual conversation.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Buttercup {l Wrote}:A source just texted me "Hearing Donahue done deal". Definitely a good source but don't know if somebody might just be exxagerating a good interview.

Thanks for the info. I'd be surprised to see a hire before the FF because that's such a great place to network and speak to different coaches, whether it be a formal interview or merely a casual conversation.

GDF isn't going to the Final Four. He said that during his interview this morning. Someone please tell me GDF isn't gonna marry the first girl who kisses him.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:29 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

GDF isn't going to the Final Four. He said that during his interview this morning. Someone please tell me GDF isn't gonna marry the first girl who kisses him.

It's GDF, don't underestimate his stupidity. Donahue is fine, but only after we've been turned down by Pearl, Stevens, etc. I'm calling BS on that source. I'm calling BS on all the "sources" in here, including Atleagle, who nothing personal, but your sources aren't correct much of the time. I still read your blog all the time FWIW.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:35 pm

I actually think it's going to be Donohue if it is not Pearl.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I actually think it's going to be Donohue if it is not Pearl.

I think you may be right, except I don't think the decision was made today.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I actually think it's going to be Donohue if it is not Pearl.

I think you may be right, except I don't think the decision was made today.

Agreed.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleManiac66 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:45 pm

By the way, Cooley was also supposed to interview today. He has come across like he's begging for the job. Has the interview occurred? Any inside feedback?
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby BCMcG on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:59 pm

I'd be fine with Donohue but a little underwhelmed. He doesn't really seem like the salesman that BC needs. Plus, if you're going to fire Skinner, you need to make a pretty decent splash with his replacement. I'm not sure he brings more to the table than Coen.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:06 pm

As much as many of you think Gene D is some kind of bumbling little man with a Napolean complex, I think he is pretty saavy. My guess is he won't extend an offer to anyone he thinks may turn it down and he's not going to announce any leading candidate until he knows he can get him. He doesn't want to look like St. Johns' AD, interviewing and getting rejected by everyone in sight. Two former Siena coaches turned them down for crissake, It certainly cheapens the job. The ONLY guy that St. Johns appears to have rejected is Al Skinner.

AND, most importantly, whoever he gets is going to be the guy he wanted to get.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:15 pm

EagleManiac66 {l Wrote}:An interesting article on Donahue.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2010/3/31 ... d-coaching

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

I guess we have a winner who deserves his due.

Great catch this AM Route 66.

I listed Coen at 5-2
and Donahue at 3-1.

Great analysis.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:15 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:As much as many of you think Gene D is some kind of bumbling little man with a Napolean complex, I think he is pretty saavy. My guess is he won't extend an offer to anyone he thinks may turn it down and he's not going to announce any leading candidate until he knows he can get him. He doesn't want to look like St. Johns' AD, interviewing and getting rejected by everyone in sight. Two former Siena coaches turned them down for crissake, It certainly cheapens the job. The ONLY guy that St. Johns appears to have rejected is Al Skinner.

Saavy? Are you serious? He looked real saavy wimpering during the Jags firing press conference.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:17 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:As much as many of you think Gene D is some kind of bumbling little man with a Napolean complex, I think he is pretty saavy. My guess is he won't extend an offer to anyone he thinks may turn it down and he's not going to announce any leading candidate until he knows he can get him. He doesn't want to look like St. Johns' AD, interviewing and getting rejected by everyone in sight. Two former Siena coaches turned them down for crissake, It certainly cheapens the job. The ONLY guy that St. Johns appears to have rejected is Al Skinner.

Saavy? Are you serious? He looked real saavy wimpering during the Jags firing press conference.

Gene cares, I'm just not convinced he's all that smart.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:21 pm

If I could neagtive karma this post to bolivian, I would.

Here is why:

The ONLY guy that St. Johns appears to have rejected is Al Skinner.

WTF does that tell you?

When 74 called for BC to put him on 1 year probation 4 years ago and posted dailty to fire his ass starting last year, you work out a arbitration deal and not get stuck with 3 years of laziness, incompetence, affirmative action retirement, and why sign the guy for more than 3 years with no Final Fours in the fucking first place?

You are a fucking idiot.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:26 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:ALL HAIL ROUTE 66:

74 was wrong about Donahue. I thought he just has a great class for 2 years?

Thanks for that great article.

Now I now would hire him ahead of the other 4 low levelers : Coen, Mooney, Cooley, Amaker and whomever.

BUT!!!:

My top 5 are now, still no changes from Sunday on Chris Mack and Stevens:

1--MACK
2--STEVENS
3--PEARL
4--DONAHUE
5--COEN

I want to live and hiring Bob Knight would be too much on my geriatric --I was told --- heart.

If Donahue has now nipped Coen and the field, then we all owe a nice round of applause to Route 66 for finding that gem this AM that telegraphed the deal.

if 66 is Class of 66, that means he won the VietNam War till we withdrew.

74:

:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

ALL HAIL ROUTE 66!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:15 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Saavy in a won't expose his hand kind of way. He's not going to throw offers around to people who don't absolutely want the job. He will make it appear that he got his man.

I think this is why he was so shaken by the Jags situation. He really believed Jags line of BS so when Jags started publically & actively looking for a job right under his nose, he took it as a personal betrayal.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:OK, according to these articles, Al rolled in at noon, played basketball, maybe showed up at practice that was setup/run by the assistant, his top players were recruited by his assistants and he dressed nice and showed up at games.

They make him sound like a complete goof ball who won games in spite of himself but then say he was a good coach and his only flaw is his inflexibility.

Ya think???

94 you always like to give me shots and now I know why...YOU ARE A FUCKING GENIUS!!

Wow this is very shocking to 74 over the past 3 or 4 years.

I never knew that? Wow!!!!

You mean since I posted ALSLEEP was sitting in his barcolounger and not recruiting or coaching and had retired on the job back in 2007-2008, that it was true??

WOW....all those many 74 recruiting posts and comments and in game ETCH-A-TURNOVER stuff was true??

Like I said, FUCK AL SKINNER AND HIS GOODBYE THREAD. HE IS A QUITTER and LIAR LIKE OBAMINATION!

You signed the $1M deal, you work your fucking ass and balls off for my alma mater you lazy fuck!

You lived off the sweat of Bill Coen's hard work and recruiting, you never got to one Final 4 in 13 years, you lollygagged and fucked BC and my alma mater since you think your long unproductive tenure deserved more money for the last 3-4 years and now you got your golden and maroon parachute so get your diversity affirmative action loser ass the fuck back to UMASSHOLES AND......... :74!

BYE BYE ALSLEEP! :74

ENJOY!

Here you go for all you Al Skinner fans who just watched him get $8M-9M total --- from the last 4 years of bullshit and 3 more in the payoff! :lame :lame

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Anyone see this from the NYTimes? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/sport ... agles.html
Or this from Chattanooga? http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010 ... big-thing/
Or this from NESN (complete with Jags reference)? http://www.nesn.com/2010/03/no-chance-b ... at-bc.html
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:37 pm

Now you are posting hot HJS..

“In terms of recruiting, getting Al in your gym was like seeing Elvis; it just rarely happened,” said Bob Hurley, the coach at St. Anthony High School in Jersey City.

Hence my warm greeting to that lazy motherfucker who I called out 4 years ago when I first heard this from a few people ----and then started posting barcolounger for 2 years about this lazy affirmative action prick and then ALSLEEP AT THE WHEEL...

:74 ALSLEEP SKINNER.

As I have posted 1000X..the worst thing you can be in life is lazy and I never wanna see one word of praise for this guy who stole upwards of $10M from my school.

Go coach at UMASSHOLES!
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Feel free to post the rest of Hurley's quote in 10000 pt font and bright red color.

Thanks in advance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:41 pm

Don't think this one has been posted yet:

It would be one thing if either firing came paired with an obviously attractive replacement candidate. Schools occasionally push fledgling coaches out of the nest when Urban Meyer's hanging around in the Mountain West or John Calipari's looking to blow town before the fuzz catches up with him. BC had no such candidates. The football coach is now an elderly guy with zero previous head coaching experience who will probably retire in the next few years, occasioning another coaching search that will either land on an old retread no one wants or a guy who will have some success, sniff a higher-profile job, and get canned like Jags.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/61271/gene_defilippo_has_an_itchy_trigger_finger
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Feel free to post the rest of Hurley's quote in 10000 pt font and bright red color.

Thanks in advance.

I bet even though I have scores of detractors and haters--- I bet most would say that I have been dead balls right way more times than you or anyone else.

Tuggle...Blitzing.. 4 year ago about Al Skinner and the Hurley quote and other proved me to be a Humble Oracle genius.

Comparing Al Skinner to Fat Elvis is one of the worst fucking shots ever at a BC Coach.

IT WAS BRILLIANT and sunk Skinner foreevr and Al deserved it for pissing off the best HS Coach In america who works 1000X as hard as lazy Al for 1/20th of the cash.

FUCK AL SKINNER FOREVER LIKE TOBLUNDERS0-12!!!

FOREVER!

Hurley and others musta been bending GDF's ear that they would never send a kid up to play for that lazy fuck Skinner unless he yanked himself out of the barcoulonger and came to a short trip in New Jersey!!

WTF about the other long trips and great kids??

NEW JERSEY..What about the rest of the USA!!!

Fucking Jersey is a hop!!

Duke has 5 guys taller than our biggest guy.

5 there Mr, 9!!

I take the highest pride and pleasure in calling Al Skinner a lazy fucking asshole affirmative action reject who retired 4 years ago ----when I guess he felt BC owed him $2M a year for winning shit and he stopped recruiting when he had the built in Jesuit loser excuse of academic standards and he pissed off great HS coaches with his NBA disappearing act.

We guess what 9--ACADEMIC STANDARDS----so does Duke and 10 other great schools in this years tourney!!!

I left it in regular font since you are a big time lawyer and can't read big letters like us old stupid geriatric drunks!

You are just jealous since I bill out at $11.50 an hour. :lol: :P :P

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:59 pm

74 - in fairness to Teddy, you neglected the second half of the quote where Hurly praised Skinner's coaching ability. That was very Eagledumbass-like. I expect better from you.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 pm

I don't read most of your rants anymore, but I didn't see you comply with my request.

Feel free to post the rest of Hurley's quote in 10000 pt font and bright red color.

Thanks in advance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:74 - in fairness to Teddy, you neglected the second half of the quote where Hurly praised Skinner's coaching ability. That was very Eagledumbass-like. I expect better from you.

My apologies, Geronimo--yes, but I discounted that and here is why...

Maybe you will see my theory and understand my reasoning.

Recruiting is jobs 1-10 and talent reigns supreme. How can you do job 11 which is coaching when you have mediocre or no talent? John Wooden had a guy paying off kids parents and won 10 titles and 7 in a row..He had the best talent in a different era...Wooden saw the pendulum change and rules and inquiries and retired the Wizard of Westwood, unblemished..

Was he better than Mike K. or Bob Knight 2 guys in a way more difficult and new rules era?

For years, Al Skinner used his poor and lazy recruiting efforts like a built in TOBLUNDERS0-12 excuse factory. If Al failed, it was academics and recruiting...mind you he never got off his ass to get the Duke level kids in talent and recruiting!!!

If Al was successful....well Al coached em up.....Al had the perfect protected world of I do not have the energy or balls to recruit (HURLEY QUOTE AND ALS CERTAIN KIDS QUOTE), and if I fail, I blame academics!!

Then the roof fell in on the Barcolounger. Coen and Cooley left....no more X and O assistants and inbounds plays...and no more Coen scouring the USA for talent (RYAN TODAY)....and what happened to Lazy Alsleep??

We got shit kids who smoke dope and then what happened to Al's ability to coach em up like Dudley and Smith...now that his solid assistants were gone?? Al did a decent job, but I think he did not coach well. Why?

After the assistants left the development and coaching went to shit?? EXPLAIN THAT???

I think Hurley was throwing Al Skinner a bone for the two NBA kids who worked hard and probably made it on their own talent or not but 2 kids in 13 years is still shit.

Al Skinner was mostly a 13 year sham. When Coen and Cooley left--- his recruitng horses and his X and O coaches abandoned him --(RYAN TODAY)--and he was left naked in the wind. His stupid fuck assistants were not trained well and Coen and Cooley were long gone.

My guess, I could be wrong, Hurley was just being nice and threw him a bone like it was Al. Tons of lazy Al Skinners out there getting credit for others hard work for decades... Now Al Skinner can showcase his NBA comeback talents at the Rec Plex or move to Bolivian..

I do not care since, he retired 4 years ago and stole millions.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 pm

Ugh. If you had ever met Bob Hurley, you would know that he doesn't pull punches and he doesn't throw bones. Man says what he means. Always.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:33 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:ALL HAIL ROUTE 66:

74 was wrong about Donahue. I thought he just has a great class for 2 years?

Thanks for that great article.

Now I now would hire him ahead of the other 4 low levelers : Coen, Mooney, Cooley, Amaker and whomever.

BUT!!!:

My top 5 are now, still no changes from Sunday on Chris Mack and Stevens:

1--MACK
2--STEVENS
3--PEARL
4--DONAHUE
5--COEN

I want to live and hiring Bob Knight would be too much on my geriatric --I was told --- heart.

Route 66 found the article that all but said it was Donahue!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Buttercup {l Wrote}:A source just texted me "Hearing Donahue done deal". Definitely a good source but don't know if somebody might just be exagerating a good interview.

FILL ME UP BUTTERCUP!!

WE HAVE A WINNER...the best source and the first one to say.

Congratulations, I love the search feature!

TIME TELLS NO LIES AND ITS RECORDED!!

Way to go Buttercup!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum