Another Interview Wednesday: Steve Donahue

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Another Interview Wednesday: Steve Donahue

Postby Buttercup on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 pm

First real candidate to interview if we believe Cooley is a courtesy interview. I don't really know what to think of Donahue. If we assume that Pearl is a pipedream and it's going to be a current mid-major coach, where do you rank Donahue in relation to Coen, Mooney, Gregory?
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Re: Another Interview Wednesday: Steve Donahue

Postby Shredder on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:55 pm

I rank Donahue high in Gene's mind based on his statements from the press conference. He said earlier in the week that he'd only leave Cornell for a "home run offer" but that means he would be open to another job. I watched the full press conference online and it played like a coach-recruiting commercial extolling the virtues of the BC job.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 pm

I honestly don't know much about Donahue. He's a hot name and done a lot at Cornell, but I have no idea how he'd fit at BC. I like that his mentor is Dunphy.

Gregory is my current favorite of the mid-majors. May work in BC's favor that he is in the finals of the NIT. This will give Gene at least a chance to interview him (if he lost today, he would be in Chicago tomorrow interviewing for the DePaul gig).

I also like Jim Baron (who lost today) and would like to see him interviewed.

In truth, I really can't get too excited about the mid-major coaches. But, at least the level from the A10 to the ACC isn't as great as other mid-majors.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Gregory
Mooney
Coen
Donahue
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:I rank Donahue high in Gene's mind based on his statements from the press conference. He said earlier in the week that he'd only leave Cornell for a "home run offer" but that means he would be open to another job. I watched the full press conference online and it played like a coach-recruiting commercial extolling the virtues of the BC job.

I felt like the press conference was an itemized list of reasons they fired mutually agreed to part ways with Al.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:22 am

Mooney
Donahue
Gregory
Coen
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 am

Pearl
Pearl
Pearl
Pearl
Anyone else is just another :spaz2 hire.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:28 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Pearl
Pearl
Pearl
Pearl

I think we all agree on Pearl but that wasn't one of the options presented in the question that was asked.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:32 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Pearl
Pearl
Pearl

I think we all agree on Pearl but that wasn't one of the options presented in the question that was asked.

Sorry, I'm in 74 mode and don't want to play around with a relatively unproven mid-major coach. Based on the question, I'd rank them as follows:
Gregory
Mooney
Donahue
Coen
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:44 am

I just don't know all that much about Donahue minus two games I saw in the NCAA Tournament where his Cornell team absolutely shot the lights out. He's achieved pretty much everything he needs to at Cornell (I think in the last 5-6 years they've done no worse than 3rd in the Ivy and won it the last couple years).

I guess my question is can the guy recruit at an ACC level?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:49 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
Pearl
Pearl
Pearl

Sorry, I'm in 74 mode and don't want to play around with a relatively unproven mid-major coach. Based on the question, I'd rank them as follows:

Gregory -- The leader of a poor field.

Mooney -- Please.Losing record and one year in and flopped.
Donahue -- Senior and Jumior laden team and next year hw knows he will be 8-22. Losing record.Coen--- If he brings Franced McDormand and Bill Macy fine. My sources tell me that Coen has the job unless one of TRE's babes is brought in and Sherri Coale humps him.
Losing record.

Listen to Geronimo's Caddy------ who whipsered ------like in the Godfather III in the old wop Don's ear (GDF) back in 2003---Urban Meyer when I first posted I wanted the then popular on the whole Board except for a few, TOBLUNDER00-13 fired.

Geronimo knows shit.

He is old.

Trust in Geronimo.

Trust in 74.

Or :74
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum