when did andy katz and bob ryan swap roles?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

when did andy katz and bob ryan swap roles?

Postby goeagles12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Bob Ryan today was praising GDF for getting rid of skinner.

Andy Katz during halftime on espn 2 ripped GDF saying you can't do better than Al. :whiteflag

Gottfreid took a shot saying BC is neither a football or basketball school.
goeagles12
n00b

Re: when did any katz and bob ryan swap roles?

Postby apbc12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 pm

goeagles12 {l Wrote}:Bob Ryan today was praising GDF for getting rid of skinner.

Andy Katz during halftime on espn 2 ripped GDF saying you can't do better than Al. :whiteflag

Who the fuck is Gottfried?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Re: when did andy katz and bob ryan swap roles?

Postby goeagles12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm

doug gottlieb
goeagles12
n00b

Postby apbc12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:44 pm

goeagles12 {l Wrote}:doug gottlieb

Ah. I wonder if his probation is over yet.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 pm

If these 3 worthless baby maker schmuck overrated House stooges Andy Katz, Doug Gottlieb, Seth Davis were all killed in a elevator accident, we would be blessed with the extra time and great insights of Jay Bilas, Bob Knight, Joe Lunardi, Bill Raferty, and the best Greg Anthony who has been superb lately.

Bruce Pearl on the sidelines is like explosive Fred Astaire dancing and singing while he coaches. He is like a brilliant maestro directing all his tools in front of huge crowds of cheering adoring fans.

Al Skinner is like a old man in a old turtleneck chewing a wad of tobacco sauntering up after he has to muster up enough energy to call time out, which he usually ends up with 3 left when the game is over to make the misery of his Ronco plastic white board "ETCH-A-TURNOVER" much less painful for te empty seats and fnas walking out with 10 minutes to go.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: when did any katz and bob ryan swap roles?

Postby talon on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
goeagles12 {l Wrote}:Bob Ryan today was praising GDF for getting rid of skinner.

Who the fuck is Gottfried?

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Katz's father is a prof at BCLaw. I apologize if that is common knowledge.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:If these 3 worthless baby maker schmuck overrated House stooges Andy Katz, Doug Gottlieb, Seth Davis were all killed in a elevator accident, we would be blessed with the extra time and great insights of Jay Bilas, Bob Knight, Joe Lunardi, Bill Raferty, and the best Greg Anthony who has been superb lately.

Bruce Pearl on the sidelines is like explosive Fred Astaire dancing and singing while he coaches. He is like a brilliant maestro directing all his tools in front of huge crowds of cheering adoring fans.

Al Skinner is like a old man in a old turtleneck chewing a wad of tobacco sauntering up after he has to muster up enough energy to call time out, which he usually ends up with 3 left when the game is over to make the misery of his Ronco plastic white board "ETCH-A-TURNOVER" much less painful for te empty seats and fnas walking out with 10 minutes to go.

The sad part in this whole thing is that GDF will have a chance to shut these fuckers up but he won't because he'll fuck up this coaching search like he did with Spaz and end up hiring Coen or Cooley.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Katz's father is a prof at BCLaw. I apologize if that is common knowledge.

was his grandfather ever king of africa?

Place put in.

There was one game where the entire pregame made the game a battle between Kiwi's dead grandfather and the dead brother, or some relative, of a player on the other team. Anyone remeber that one? ESPN can't stand the thought of fans just wanting to watch a good football game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Katz's father is a prof at BCLaw. I apologize if that is common knowledge.

Place put in.

There was one game where the entire pregame made the game a battle between Kiwi's dead grandfather and the dead brother, or some relative, of a player on the other team. Anyone remeber that one? ESPN can't stand the thought of fans just wanting to watch a good football game.

Kiwi's grandfather may have been King of Africa but it had to have been his maternal grandfather - because his dad is Jumbo Elliott.
Last edited by TontoKowalski on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm

I hadn't heard that...had wondered why Katz would have any special interest and insight into BC. Thanks for the info.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:41 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:

I hadn't heard that...had wondered why Katz would have any special interest and insight into BC. Thanks for the info.

Seriously? I thought this was common knowledge. We mention it every time Katz writes an article, like when he said BC had MAACtalent enough to be top 25 pre season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 pm

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 pm

this isn't just andy katz, but how frustrating is it to hear everyone how skinner made the tournament 7 of the last 10 years. that is such a misleading stat. college coaches are judged by what they do in the tournament (see tom izzo) and skinner was pretty bad. i don't feel like doing the research, but hasn't he never beaten a single digit team in the tournament.
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:38 pm

BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:this isn't just andy katz, but how frustrating is it to hear everyone how skinner made the tournament 7 of the last 10 years. that is such a misleading stat. college coaches are judged by what they do in the tournament (see tom izzo) and skinner was pretty bad. i don't feel like doing the research, but hasn't he never beaten a single digit team in the tournament.

I think that is correct. Based on memory...
In 2001 they beat So. Utah (14). Lost to USC (6).
In 2002, they lost to Texas (6) in the first round
In 2003, they missed
In 2004, they beat Utah (11) and lost to GT (3).
In 2005, they beat Penn (13) and lost to UW-Mil (12)
In 2006, they beat Pacific (13) and Montana (12). Lost to Nova (1)
In 2007, they beat TTech (10) and lost to GTown (3)
2008 - missed
2009 - lost to USC (10)
2010 - missed
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:this isn't just andy katz, but how frustrating is it to hear everyone how skinner made the tournament 7 of the last 10 years. that is such a misleading stat. college coaches are judged by what they do in the tournament (see tom izzo) and skinner was pretty bad. i don't feel like doing the research, but hasn't he never beaten a single digit team in the tournament.

In 2003, they missed
In 2007, they beat TTech (10) and lost to GTown (2)
2008 - missed
2009 - lost to USC (10)
2010 - missed

Looking at it again -wow - these are the teams he beat in the NCAAs - So Utah, Utah, Penn, Pacific, Montana, Texas Tech. Not very impressive.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:30 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

In 2003, they missed
2008 - missed
2009 - lost to USC (10)
2010 - missed

Looking at it again -wow - these are the teams he beat in the NCAAs - So Utah, Utah, Penn, Pacific, Montana, Texas Tech. Not very impressive.

The flip side being that with the notable exception of board favorite Bruce Pearl's squad, he lost to some pretty impressive squads. National runner up GT. Final Four G'Town. Number 1 seed Nova. A Texas team with TJ Ford and a USC team with Clancy, Tepagnier and Scalabrine. Last year's USC team wasn't great, but had some sick athletes.

For the most part, Al's teams played to chalk. One bad loss and no big upsets.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 am

Ryan column from Globe this morning on Skinner. Agree 100% with everything here.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/m ... leges-wire
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 am

I think Katz's siding with Al tells you that his main source at BC is Al or one of Al's guys is all.

I like Katz in that he actually takes a look and thinks about what he writes when he writes about BC, but he's still a journalist playing the sources game to get his info.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:38 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:Ryan column from Globe this morning on Skinner. Agree 100% with everything here.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/m ... leges-wire

Yep, he really showed that he understands what was going on here.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby cremins on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 am

yeah actually agree with everything that bob ryan had to say in his article and i usually
dont like anything he writes. i wonder who he got his info from because i doubt that he
has even seen a bc game in life 5 years.
was surprised at katz's opinion also, he is a great writer and its great to have a big
time writer talk about bc even when we shouldnt be talked about. weird that he was
so blind to the fact that al needed his alpha dog leaders on the team to help coach the
team while he was alseep on the sidelines. hope he realizes it soon that it was the best
thing bc could have done
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:33 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Place put in.

Kiwi's grandfather may have been King of Africa but it had to have been his maternal grandfather - because his dad is Jumbo Elliott.

You stole two of my gags in one post. My lawyers will be in touch (unless you live in Puerto Rico where a different set of copyright and sweepstakes laws apply).
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Place put in.

You stole two of my gags in one post. My lawyers will be in touch (unless you live in Puerto Rico where a different set of copyright and sweepstakes laws apply).

go bitch to your lover-boy jerrod

Ahem. It's "Gerrod" with a "g" as in GTFOOMAM!!!
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:If these 3 worthless baby maker schmuck overrated House stooges Andy Katz, Doug Gottlieb, Seth Davis were all killed in a elevator accident, we would be blessed with the extra time and great insights of Jay Bilas, Bob Knight, Joe Lunardi, Bill Raferty, and the best Greg Anthony who has been superb lately.

Al Skinner is like a old man in a old turtleneck chewing a wad of tobacco sauntering up after he has to muster up enough energy to call time out, which he usually ends up with 3 left when the game is over to make the misery of his Ronco plastic white board "ETCH-A-TURNOVER" much less painful for te empty seats and fans walking out with 10 minutes to go.

FUCK SETH DAVIS.
FUCK ANDY KATZ.
FUCK DOUG GOTTLIEB.

Bob Ryan was right. I was right.

Barcolounger retires 3 years ago and fucked BC outta $3M.

FUCK EVERYBODY.

Mack, Stevens or Pearl...or this was a waste.

Ethan and Joel Coen...you may have lost a brother, but BC has gained a Head Coach.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:You stole two of my gags in one post. My lawyers will be in touch (unless you live in Puerto Rico where a different set of copyright and sweepstakes laws apply).

My attorney's attorney has informed me that gags enter the public domain after 9 years OR a wholesale board migration. If he is incorrect in this matter, I invite your zeppelin pilot to keelhaul him.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 pm

i might be nitpicking here, but would keel hauling with a zeppelin be effective? zeppelins don't have barnacles. Conversely, I suspect a zeppeling propeller might bring a new level of unpleasantness to the ordeal.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

In 2003, they missed
2008 - missed
2009 - lost to USC (10)
2010 - missed

The flip side being that with the notable exception of board favorite Bruce Pearl's squad, he lost to some pretty impressive squads. National runner up GT. Final Four G'Town. Number 1 seed Nova. A Texas team with TJ Ford and a USC team with Clancy, Tepagnier and Scalabrine. Last year's USC team wasn't great, but had some sick athletes.

How was losing to the 12 seed UW-Mil not a big upset? I thought AS was a pretty good coach but his NCAA record was indefensible; no upset wins and many upset losses.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

In 2003, they missed
2008 - missed
2009 - lost to USC (10)
2010 - missed

How was losing to the 12 seed UW-Mil not a big upset? I thought AS was a pretty good coach but his NCAA record was indefensible; no upset wins and many upset losses.

No big upsets=Al didn't upset anyone in the tourney
One bad loss=Losing to Bruce Pearl
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

In 2003, they missed
2008 - missed
2009 - lost to USC (10)
2010 - missed

Domingo, you're better than that.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum