Ed Cooley to Interview Tomorrow

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ed Cooley to Interview Tomorrow

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 pm

It's no surprise that he'd be one of the guys they'd bring in. He's a tremendous guy and a very good basketball coach too, but in my opinion, he's too close to Skinner. We need a change in culture here.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: Ed Cooley to Interview Tomorrow

Postby Pahreen on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:31 pm

Hopefully this is a courtesy interview because if he's hired, they're losing my season ticket money.
Pahreen
n00b

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Pahreen {l Wrote}:Hopefully this is a courtesy interview because if he's hired, they're losing my season ticket money.

I'm not sure I'd use the world "courtesy" because he is qualified, but they essentially have to interview him. He was at BC for a long time, and everyone around the program has a great deal of respect for him.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby FirstDownSyndrome on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:It's no surprise that he'd be one of the guys they'd bring in. He's a tremendous guy and a very good basketball coach too, but in my opinion, he's too close to Skinner. We need a change in culture here.

The CT Post reported this. Do you have a link?
“Every chance I get to walk in snow, I take it. Everyone here makes fun of me for it because I love to jump in the snow.” - Chase Rettig
FirstDownSyndrome
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 pm

FirstDownSyndrome {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:It's no surprise that he'd be one of the guys they'd bring in. He's a tremendous guy and a very good basketball coach too, but in my opinion, he's too close to Skinner. We need a change in culture here.

Here:

http://blog.ctnews.com/paxton/2010/03/30/cooley-to-speak-with-bc/

Better?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby FirstDownSyndrome on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
FirstDownSyndrome {l Wrote}:

Here:

http://blog.ctnews.com/paxton/2010/03/30/cooley-to-speak-with-bc/

Better?

Much. Credit where it's due. Carry on.
Last edited by FirstDownSyndrome on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Every chance I get to walk in snow, I take it. Everyone here makes fun of me for it because I love to jump in the snow.” - Chase Rettig
FirstDownSyndrome
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 pm

I doubt he will get the job, GDF sounded as if he wanted to get away from the Skinner tree.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Pahreen on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:Hopefully this is a courtesy interview because if he's hired, they're losing my season ticket money.

I'm not sure I'd use the world "courtesy" because he is qualified, but they essentially have to interview him. He was at BC for a long time, and everyone around the program has a great deal of respect for him.

I suppose he's qualified, but it wouldn't even be a lateral hire. By bringing him in, we would not be changing the current culture.
Pahreen
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:41 pm

Pahreen {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I suppose he's qualified, but it wouldn't even be a lateral hire. By bringing him in, we would not be changing the current culture.

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 pm

I like Cooley. He's doing a good job. But he pretty much goes against everything GDF talked about at his presser today. So I can't see it happening.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:I like Cooley. He's doing a good job. But he pretty much goes against everything GDF talked about at his presser today. So I can't see it happening.

cue HJS saying Gene will not hire anyone but Coen or Cooley...oh I forgot he stopped posting when Pearl was announced as a candidate.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:I like Cooley. He's doing a good job. But he pretty much goes against everything GDF talked about at his presser today. So I can't see it happening.

cue HJS saying Gene will not hire anyone but Coen or Cooley...oh I forgot he stopped posting when Pearl was announced as a candidate.

Who do you think is going to get the job?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Pearl was announced as a candidate. Must have missed that section of the presser.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Can't be wrong if you never say anything.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Pearl was announced as a candidate. Must have missed that section of the presser.

there must be no candidates then, hjs jr.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

i don't know...i don't pretend to know like HJS does. what I do know is that pearl has already been contacted, proving the whining idiot wrong.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:i don't know...i don't pretend to know like HJS does. what I do know is that pearl has already been contacted, proving the whining idiot wrong.

Link? Or is it a source?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

None that have been "announced", no, Douche Sr.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:

i don't know...i don't pretend to know like HJS does. what I do know is that pearl has already been contacted, proving the whining idiot wrong.

I didn't say "know," I said "think." As in, I don't know shit, but I think that it will either be Donahue or Coen. I'm just curious what you think.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:i don't know...i don't pretend to know like HJS does. what I do know is that pearl has already been contacted, proving the whining idiot wrong.

Link? Or is it a source?

It was ATL who said it, and bcaddict that said it sounded right. No link, no announcement. In fact, according to ATL, Pearl wants it quiet while he considers.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Let me set you morons straight.

Al Skinner never had a coaching tree and he neevr will.

George Welsh never had a coaching tree and never will.

If these two Puscadores had a tree, it again, would be a Bonsai Tree.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Link? Or is it a source?

It was ATL who said it, and bcaddict that said it sounded right. No link, no announcement. In fact, according to ATL, Pearl wants it quiet while he considers.

I agree with whoever said that the longer Pearl is silent, the better off we are. My strong suspicion is that if by the end of the day tomorrow Pearl hasn't denied it, he's probably been contacted and is at least considering it.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Let me set you morons straight.

I am waiting for 74 to reply to his self, thanking his self for setting himself straight. Wait, that is a different thread.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:17 am

I want someone to read this aloud at my euology. Preferably 74 himself.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 am

Gene No, don't even think pulling the trigger on Ed Cooley. If you want to hire Donahue or Gregory I won't crawl down your back about it, but I swear to God if you hire Ed Cooley after giving that presser I will absolutely flip out. The same goes for any other Skinner trained assistants, maybe excluding Coen.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:51 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Gene No, don't even think pulling the trigger on Ed Cooley. If you want to hire Donahue or Gregory I won't crawl down your back about it, but I swear to God if you hire Ed Cooley after giving that presser I will absolutely flip out. The same goes for any other Skinner trained assistants, maybe excluding Coen.

I'm with you except I include Coen
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:53 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Gene No, don't even think pulling the trigger on Ed Cooley. If you want to hire Donahue or Gregory I won't crawl down your back about it, but I swear to God if you hire Ed Cooley after giving that presser I will absolutely flip out. The same goes for any other Skinner trained assistants, maybe excluding Coen.

I'm with you except I include Coen

If you're seriously going to hire one of those stooges that trained under Skinner, you should have just kept Al. Eh well actually, I'll have to think about that one, I'm not sure I could have stomached another game of Skinner.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I am waiting for 74 to reply to his self, thanking his self for setting himself straight. Wait, that is a different thread.

TUGGLE.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 am

Cooley and Gene are supposedly pretty tight. So at the least, he's doing this as courtesy to a friend. Get him mentioned as a candidate, etc.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum