BRUCE PEARL PHONE-A-THON

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BRUCE PEARL PHONE-A-THON

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:Colin from development with an 'ok, well, that's definitely a good suggestion' on my call. Ha. BRING BRUCE PEARL TO BC GOD DAMNIT.

I think Colin is the only person who answers the phones in the Athletic Development office. Aimee McGuire used to do it occasionally. But, I challenge you to call and NOT get Colin. Speaking of which, did GDF ever replace the Assistant AD who took the Loyala gig???

Gene promoted Steve Novak
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:You should write Hire Bruce Pearl as the subject line and write something completely different in the message and see what happens.

This is a brilliant idea. I've written up just the thing! Here's the email we should send to Gene or Aimee or Colin with the subject 'Hire Bruce Pearl':

Dear Gene,

Please do whatever it takes to hire Bruce Pearl as the next men's basketball coach at Boston College!! Pearl stalking the court in all-gold suit-coats would look better than Flyguy the Pimp with fishtanks in his shoes. I was daydreaming about this very possibility in a meeting today, while noting that someone replaced the office furniture in our meeting rooms with chairs that have much narrower seats. This forced my legs together, creating a tight wind-tunnel chasm between my legs that ended in my nuts. Which was really interesting because even a modest fart channelled into this canyon erupted at the end with enough force to inflate my nuts like a parachute. I'm still working on a name for this farty canyonlands phenomenon - paratrooper? Bagpiper? Pillowfluffer?

In closing, I think you should hire Bruce Pearl and how narrow are the seats in the athletic department's conference rooms?

Your friend,
Tonto
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby bosa90 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:You should write Hire Bruce Pearl as the subject line and write something completely different in the message and see what happens.

This is a brilliant idea. I've written up just the thing! Here's the email we should send to Gene or Aimee or Colin with the subject 'Hire Bruce Pearl':

Dear Gene,

Please do whatever it takes to hire Bruce Pearl as the next men's basketball coach at Boston College!! Pearl stalking the court in all-gold suit-coats would look better than Flyguy the Pimp with fishtanks in his shoes. I was daydreaming about this very possibility in a meeting today, while noting that someone replaced the office furniture in our meeting rooms with chairs that have much narrower seats. This forced my legs together, creating a tight wind-tunnel chasm between my legs that ended in my nuts. Which was really interesting because even a modest fart channelled into this canyon erupted at the end with enough force to inflate my nuts like a parachute. I'm still working on a name for this farty canyonlands phenomenon - paratrooper? Bagpiper? Pillowfluffer?

In closing, I think you should hire Bruce Pearl and how narrow are the seats in the athletic department's conference rooms?

Your friend,
Tonto

This is brilliant and I would buy it, but I'm not sure the average Yawkey lackey can get their head around anyone looking better than Flyguy the Pimp with fishtanks in his shoes. Except maybe Novak. He's a good kid and maybe the best target for this campaign.

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:11 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:What you need is $5k from 500 alums. That gets you $2.5 M. Chump change to BC Guys from the '90's. Step up if you have not already.

Great point... I'll sign up as 4 people... you only need 496 more.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:12 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hawaiirob {l Wrote}:What you need is $5k from 500 alums. That gets you $2.5 M. Chump change to BC Guys from the '90's. Step up if you have not already.

Great point... I'll sign up as 4 people... you only need 496 more.

If it really came down to this, I would contribute. But what is really going to happen is that I'll get rooked into forking over cash and then Gene will go and hire Coen. Then I'm going to be angry. Angry like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Whitechapel on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 am

EagleManiac66 {l Wrote}:Make sure they understand that it's Bruce Pearl from Knoxville that we want, not Minnie Pearl from Nashville.

Actually, I've heard that Minnie is a master of the Princeton weave-and-heave.

:skank <-------- Not Minnie Pearl
Whitechapel
n00b

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 am

Hey as you all know by the topic I created, I started a blog just to get the idea out on the interwebs
http://bringbrucepearltobc.blogspot.com/ Thought you all could fellow it and pass the word. Also if you have content that you would like to add let me know. LET's Work together to get this thing done!!

GO EAGLES!!!
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BRINGBrucePearltoBC {l Wrote}:Hey as you all know by the topic I created, I started a blog just to get the idea out on the interwebs
http://bringbrucepearltobc.blogspot.com/ Thought you all could fellow it and pass the word. Also if you have content that you would like to add let me know. LET's Work together to get this thing done!!

GO EAGLES!!!

your blog sucks and you do too

Well I'm asking for help with the blog.
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby BRINGBrucePearltoBC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:02 pm

New Blog Post! My inspiration was this topic!! Thank you and let's work together to make this happen!!

http://bringbrucepearltobc.blogspot.com/2010/03/time-to-let-our-voices-be-heard.html
BRINGBrucePearltoBC
n00b

Postby buconvict on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 pm

email sent... pragmatic appeal of 'former season ticket holder, disenfranchised, would re-up for Pearl, not for Coen. As one person obviously not a big deal, but I'm sure I'm not the only person to voice displeasure and definitely not only person to behave as I did/will if Pearl happens."

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby BigPete on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:01 pm

I remember when I made a thread and then Vinnie, perhaps biggest loser in the Nexus, tried to co-opt it and began making the hiring of Pearl inherently uncool by supporting it.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:00 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:email sent... pragmatic appeal of 'former season ticket holder, disenfranchised, would re-up for Pearl, not for Coen. As one person obviously not a big deal, but I'm sure I'm not the only person to voice displeasure and definitely not only person to behave as I did/will if Pearl happens."

it would have meant more if you also threw in "i once got thrown out of the gym for dunking on a billionaire's daughter"

Dammit you're right. When Gene decides he's against paying Pearl 2.25 a year, I will take full responsibility.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:email sent... pragmatic appeal of 'former season ticket holder, disenfranchised, would re-up for Pearl, not for Coen. As one person obviously not a big deal, but I'm sure I'm not the only person to voice displeasure and definitely not only person to behave as I did/will if Pearl happens."

it would have meant more if you also threw in "i once got thrown out of the gym for dunking on a billionaire's daughter"

I bet Convict could dunk on Steven Pearl, as well.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum