Pearl and the other guys

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Pearl and the other guys

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Supposedly feelers were sent out to Pearl Sunday night. Supposedly he will entertain the idea. He will not be part of a dog and pony show. BC either meets his demands quickly or moves on.

As for the midmajor guys, amazingly some are not interested. Amaker is real. Donahue is real. Mooney thinks he can do better. Coen and Cooley are plan C guys.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Pearl and the other guys

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:05 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Amaker is real.

:dildodog
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:07 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Supposedly feelers were sent out to Pearl Sunday night. Supposedly he will entertain the idea. He will not be part of a dog and pony show. BC either meets his demands quickly or moves on.

As for the midmajor guys, amazingly some are not interested. Amaker is real. Donahue is real. Mooney thinks he can do better. Coen and Cooley are plan C guys.

care to comment HJS?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:07 pm

I can't believe this Amaker talk. The only positive of hiring him is that it would give ObserverCollege fodder for the next few years.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Gene, meet Bruce Pearl's demands immediately. I'm still not buying your sources completely but whatever.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:08 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:I can't believe this Amaker talk. The only positive of hiring him is that it would give ObserverCollege fodder for the next few years.

If you can't beat him, hire him.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:I can't believe this Amaker talk. The only positive of hiring him is that it would give ObserverCollege fodder for the next few years.

If we get Amaker maybe he can help us finally beat Harvard.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 pm

GIVE PEARL WHAT HE FUCKING WANTS GENE - IT'S NOW OR NEVER BE A MAN, MAKE THE PUSH AND GET IT DONE AND I WILL NEVER AGAIN CALL FOR YOUR HEAD.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Buttercup on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 pm

If there's one guy who I could see BC deciding to pony up money for, it would be Pearl. He may have some of that sleaze perception about him, but the fact that he's an alum could possibly be enough to convince the powers that be to pony up the money for him. I'm not going to hold out too much hope though.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:11 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:GIVE PEARL WHAT HE FUCKING WANTS GENE - IT'S NOW OR NEVER BE A MAN, MAKE THE PUSH AND GET IT DONE AND I WILL NEVER AGAIN CALL FOR YOUR HEAD.

I'm in the same boat. I'll back off GDF for a long while if you can get Bruce Pearl here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:GIVE PEARL WHAT HE FUCKING WANTS GENE - IT'S NOW OR NEVER BE A MAN, MAKE THE PUSH AND GET IT DONE AND I WILL NEVER AGAIN CALL FOR YOUR HEAD.

I'm in the same boat. I'll back off GDF for a long while if you can get Bruce Pearl here.

If he hires Bruce Pearl, a large check will be in the mail from me within 24 hours.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Since this prediction will never matter anyway, I predict that if Pearl does turn out to be the next coach, most of the main guys who rag on Gene will continue to do so.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:17 pm

If Pearl's last name were Perlusconi Gene would have met his demands and this would be a done deal.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:17 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Since this prediction will never matter anyway, I predict that if Pearl does turn out to be the next coach, most of the main guys who rag on Gene will continue to do so.

Well there is always football season and :spaz3 for me to complain about. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:18 pm

They're getting concerned over on the Tennessee Message Board. Come on home Bruce.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... ut-bc.html
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:18 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If Gene bags Bruce Pearl, I will gladly congratulate him on being smarter than all of us. I don't see it happening though.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Please God no. I don't want that kind of fodder at my beloved school. Let Amaker go to ND when Brey moves on.

As far as Bruce Pearl, I wonder who GDF knows at Tennessee from his (long ago) days down there. Between that and Pearl's history at BC, perhaps BC could come to a place of comfort with Pearl that we wouldn't necessarily expect based on Pearl's regular mentions in Deadspin :skank .
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Buttercup on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:20 pm

You really think Gene can just decide he wants to hire Bruce Pearl and throw down the probably $15 million+ overall contract necessary to do so? Gene doesn't have the power to spend whatever he wants.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Buttercup {l Wrote}:You really think Gene can just decide he wants to hire Bruce Pearl and throw down the probably $15 million+ overall contract necessary to do so? Gene doesn't have the power to spend whatever he wants.

He doesn't have the power, but it's up to him to convince those with the power (Leahy and the Board) that this is a good financial decision.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:23 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}: Amaker is real.

Gene must've looked in a mirror and said Tommy's name three times.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:24 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:
Buttercup {l Wrote}:You really think Gene can just decide he wants to hire Bruce Pearl and throw down the probably $15 million+ overall contract necessary to do so? Gene doesn't have the power to spend whatever he wants.

He doesn't have the power, but it's up to him to convince those with the power (Leahy and the Board) that this is a good financial decision.

I can guaranty you that Conte will be filled next year if Pearl is the coach...it will be HUGE financially.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Buttercup on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:24 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:

True. But some people with power just don't get it. They think a basketball coach is a basketball coach. It's just amazing to me that some people act as if Gene is going to pocket the extra $1.5 million/year he'd save by hiring Coen.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Kiffin burns UT to go home. Pearl does the same. Has a very believable story line to it, doesn't it.
It would expose UT for what it is, which is the lamest place in the SEC. Academics sucks, being a Jew there sucks, playing second fiddle to Summit sucks.
Pay him the money and he will come.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Funny thing is, unlike most football coaches, I don't think Spaz would get pissed if the basketball coach gets paid more than him.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Pay him the money and he will come.

I really think this is it. Really think he loves living in Tennessee?
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Buttercup {l Wrote}:
BCMcG {l Wrote}:

True. But some people with power just don't get it. They think a basketball coach is a basketball coach. It's just amazing to me that some people act as if Gene is going to pocket the extra $1.5 million/year he'd save by hiring Coen.

prefacing this by saying that I couldn't give less of a shit about the profit margin of the athletic dept. outside of how it directly impacts the product on the field, but on the other hand, do understand that there is a real relationship between making money and the quality of the program.

I wonder how much difference financially an inspired popular basketball program makes compared to last seasons yawn inducing garbage?

In short, does selling out conte and having wider tv viewership make much of a difference? It very well may, but I have no idea.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Mosi on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:30 pm

I'd love to see it, but it ain't gonna happen, if he is coming up here he better come in a fucking ark
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:31 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If he hires Bruce Pearl, a large check will be in the mail from me within 24 hours.

I thought those were only used at lottery winner ceremonies and on Arrested Development. How'd you get ahold of one?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Buttercup on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:32 pm

If Pearl really would come for the right price (and it's not COMPLETELY unreasonable) I pray BC makes it happen. It would work out financially in the long run. I'm class of 2004, and have only attended a handful of basketball games since graduation. If BC hires Pearl at noon, I am on the phone at 12:30 to get season tickets. I think there are plenty more like me, and plenty of older alumni, who would be calling up to make their contributions for DBS seats.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:They're getting concerned over on the Tennessee Message Board. Come on home Bruce.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... ut-bc.html

The best comment is:

Don't make us burn mattresses, Bruce!
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum