cutting to the chase: next head coach will be..

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

cutting to the chase: next head coach will be..

Postby auggiebc on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 pm

either Coen, Donahue or Mooney. is this a safe assumption? if so, who are we rooting for of the three?

what does this say about our program? GDF wants a coach to "share his vision". what is the vision he speaks of?

no attempt at a bigger name?
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Re: cutting to the chase: next head coach will be..

Postby talon on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Geno Auriemma
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Let's hire all three.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:21 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:either Coen, Donahue or Mooney. is this a safe assumption? if so, who are we rooting for of the three?

what does this say about our program? GDF wants a coach to "share his vision". what is the vision he speaks of?

no attempt at a bigger name?

I hope this isn't true, but...

If it's definitely one of these three, I just hope it's not Mooney. Donahue - he has done a lot at Cornell (ever heard of it), not sure how he would transition to the next level. Coen is the one credited with bringing in Dudley and Smith, and I would take some more guys like that. We would run the flex, but the flex isn't really our problem - our problem this year has been that recruits haven't panned out and we actually weren't running the flex that much - these guys were actually better when they stayed within the offense. Except for Reggie, who is awesome in any system.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Bobby Finstock
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm

When you have Sean Kearney sitting one hour down the Mass Pike, coming off a Patriot League preseason championship in his first season, with a Mike Brey pedigree, I mean, you gotta do it. Install as his top recruiter Lynn English Head Coach Buzzy Barton, who's now looking around, and you finally restore the Massachusetts to BC pipeline.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Postby FirstDownSyndrome on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm thinking about setting up a camera outside of Conte like Kentucky news stations did when they were courting Calipari.

Only problem is I don't think anyone will be able recognize those entering Conte for interviews.
“Every chance I get to walk in snow, I take it. Everyone here makes fun of me for it because I love to jump in the snow.” - Chase Rettig
FirstDownSyndrome
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 pm

FirstDownSyndrome {l Wrote}:I'm thinking about setting up a camera outside of Conte like Kentucky news stations did when they were courting Calipari.

Only problem is I don't think anyone will be able recognize those entering Conte for interviews.

White = Coen
Black = Cooley
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Buttercup on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm

Either Jermaine Watson or Andrew Bryant... GDF tried to lure Kirsten Zoellner, but he thought it was a telemarketer and hung up. Either way we're getting a true BC guy who will create excitement.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Buttercup {l Wrote}:Either Jermaine Watson or Andrew Bryant... GDF tried to lure Kirsten Zoellner, but he thought it was a telemarketer and hung up. Either way we're getting a true BC guy who will create excitement.

Akida McClain makes his own money, we wouldn't need dbs anymore.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby xu9697 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Jim O'Brien

(heck, I have 2 chances with this name!!)
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:08 pm

I take Gene's "people weren't going to the arena" line as meaning that he wants someone who will sell the program and add excitement. Also someone who's young. I think that excludes Coen, Cooley and Amaker (Amaker only seems to pop up in the Globe articles and I think it's because the Globe has an interest in Harvard and Blaudschun might be doing him a favor by throwing his name in there). So far the only names Gene is mentioning are Donahue and Mooney. Donahue said he'd only leave Cornell for a "home run" offer so maybe Gene isn't going on the cheap. I'm intrigued by Mooney. Not a huge fan of the Princeton offense but I've heard good things about him personally and he has been doing well in the A10.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:I take Gene's "people weren't going to the arena" line as meaning that he wants someone who will sell the program and add excitement. Also someone who's young. I think that excludes Coen, Cooley and Amaker (Amaker only seems to pop up in the Globe articles and I think it's because the Globe has an interest in Harvard and Blaudschun might be doing him a favor by throwing his name in there). So far the only names Gene is mentioning are Donahue and Mooney. Donahue said he'd only leave Cornell for a "home run" offer so maybe Gene isn't going on the cheap. I'm intrigued by Mooney. Not a huge fan of the Princeton offense but I've heard good things about him personally and he has been doing well in the A10.

I can be convinced on the Princeton offense much before I'll ever be sold on the "tight flex". It's sort of a snooze, but JT III took GTown to the Final Four using it. Richmond also got out and ran in the open floor a fair amount when I watched them play, so you're not just locked into the back door cuts, etc. The Princeton offense is beautiful when run correctly *big caveat*.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Has Schiano already come out and declined the job?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Buttercup {l Wrote}:Either Jermaine Watson or Andrew Bryant... GDF tried to lure Kirsten Zoellner, but he thought it was a telemarketer and hung up. Either way we're getting a true BC guy who will create excitement.

NCAA investigator: Coach McClain, we have evidence that you paid a recruit $50,000 to come to BC. Is this true?

Akida: No, that is a lie. I never any legal tender to any recruit. I just gave him a briefcase full of my ass money.

NCAA investigator: Case desmithed!
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglechevy on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Wayne Fontes

The man, the myth, now get me another Corona!
eaglechevy
Emeritus

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

NCAA investigator: Coach McClain, we have evidence that you paid a recruit $50,000 to come to BC. Is this true?

Akida: No, that is a lie. I never any legal tender to any recruit. I just gave him a briefcase full of my ass money.

NCAA investigator: Case desmithed!

ool
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Barry Hardy
talon
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum