This is what I'm hearing...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: This is what I'm hearing...

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:21 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:Is this a serious argument happening right now?

Lets make this easy for them:

-Eagledom predicted it would be Pearl or Coen, and that he, unlike others, thought Coen was fine. Never mentions Donahue. Prediction was wrong, but it was a prediction.

-HJS "hears" from "sources" that Al is either going to be fired or he's not (went out on a limb with that one) and that if he was fired, Coen had the job in the bag no doubt and a sham search would be conducted that included all guys connected to BC plus Ammaker and Baron only to appease. Obviously off base.

There, you both were wrong. Eagledom used his own opinion, HJS pretended to be in the know. I think thats a pretty good overview here and now we can move on, yes?

No, because OJ will, as usual, spin it into him being right about something.

Who is this Eagledom dude you keep talking about?

I'll take this opportunity to ask the question thats been on my mind for some time: I haven't been lurking long enough I guess to get the reference. But why is
Eagledom constantly referred to as OJ?

His handle was OJ1969 on EI, though he denies it and says he posted as Eagledom, a handle which didn't exist on the entire Scout network. OJ was the board douchebag over there, although my recollection is that his last incarnation was less of a wuss when it came to predictions. Initially, he posted a little different than OJ, but then he fell right into his old habits. It has pretty much been confirmed at this point - he keeps getting called out for referencing things that OJ posted on EI as his statements.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:22 pm

There's also the fact that EagleDom replies when you refer to him as OJ.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:There's also the fact that EagleDom replies when you refer to him as OJ.

Yeah, it's the old "a sphincter says what?" joke.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby thebs19 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:as long as we're clearing the air, is it the bs (as in bullshit) or thebs of ancient greece? THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

While Thebs of ancient greece would be clearly more epic, it is in fact to be read as "the bs". However, if Thebs carries more respect, I'll be happy to assume that identity, as well.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:thebs of ancient greece

I thought you were pre-nerdification.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby ryfarls on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:54 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:as long as we're clearing the air, is it the bs (as in bullshit) or thebs of ancient greece? THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

While Thebs of ancient greece would be clearly more epic, it is in fact to be read as "the bs". However, if Thebs carries more respect, I'll be happy to assume that identity, as well.

i was under the impression the greek city was thebes not thebs but i'm no greek city-state buff or anything.
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Thebes was in Egypt - although it was a Greek name I dont think it was ever a Greek city. I graduated pre-nerdification because I'm relying on memory of a classical education - a post-nerdification grad would look it up in wikipedia on his Cackberry and tweet the answer.

While we're at it- someone posed the question a few days ago of what got into Katz? It's easy and I'll explain. Katz covers the BC beat, we KNOW he reads these boards, and after reading the threads of the past few days, he realized that Fran McCaffrey has ballwashers. Yes, of the 60 or so fans who post here, two are admitted McCaffrey ballwashers. Katz looks at this, shakes his head in disbelief - that the guy at Iowa, a program that could outsource coaching and recruiting to Bangalore and get the same results - has ballwashers at BC. Two out of 60 expands outwards to 37 members of each BC class who are potentially willing carwash Fran's bedknobs.

It's simple: teh lolKatz wants BC ballwashers to lather up a lufa and give his tomato vine a Judge Smales shoeshine. I'm not that into basketball - never have been - but some of you more concerned fans should consider this.

Went to the Papau New Guinea buffet tonight - I like that place but I'm starting to get concerned. You just never know who you're eating when you go there - once upon a time they might have served Rockefeller but the guy roasting on the spit tonight looked like the old Chinese man who used to sell cabbage out of a burlap sack down by the train tracks. I think I'll just go to the Mongolian barbecue instead.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 pm

There was a Thebes in Greece. The Sacred Band. Alexander wiped them out before turning East.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 pm

This is, without question, one of Campy's best alter-egos.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:03 pm

Who Tonto? Tonto is no alias. Blaspheny.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum