pearl in the final 8

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

pearl in the final 8

Postby Eagledom on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:41 pm

The same bruce pearl that TWB, HJS, Pedro, talon and the other al apologists said wasn't any better than Al b/c he had never gone further than Al in the tourney. Looks like that argument is done....as is that crap argument about the "great record" in the acc. 1 sweet 16 in 14 years and there are still Al supporters out there...unbelievable. No wins in the tourney against higher seeds....crap recruiting....please take him st johns. Please take him just like NC State took our shitty football coach.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: pearl in the final 8

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:15 am

That was just in response to your posts regarding Skinner calling him a "dirty n*gger". I don't know how your racist ass didn't get banned for that. Whatever... your constant and disgusting racist comments are more damaging to BC than anything Al Skinner could ever do.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:07 am

Speaking of great predictions...

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Duke is not "by far the best team." Duke has three white guys that score a lot, and a bunch of goofy seven footers. No fucking chance that team wins shit this season. Only reason they are a top 10 team is because there are only 3-4 decent teams in the country this year.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Duke will neither win the ACC nor make it past the Sweet 16.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:14 am

Now the King of Dicks is pretending he didn't love TOB while he was at BC. What a disgusting racist fuckstick.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Speaking of great predictions...

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Duke is not "by far the best team." Duke has three white guys that score a lot, and a bunch of goofy seven footers. No fucking chance that team wins shit this season. Only reason they are a top 10 team is because there are only 3-4 decent teams in the country this year.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Duke will neither win the ACC nor make it past the Sweet 16.

If I were Ballgame, I would be worried about you going through my trash or trying to videotape me through my window.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:23 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

for the record, i was the one that said dook wouldn't win the acc or move past the sweet 16. i think teddy just agreed with me.

as far as dook making the elite eight - teh tourney izzz random and they had a pretty easy route there. at the same time, i will admit i was wrong on both counts - but i really didn't see either happening.

Speaking of easy routes... West Virginia is in the Elite Eight and has yet to play a team who was SEEDED in the single digits (15th, 11th and 10th).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:That was just in response to your posts regarding Skinner calling him a "dirty n*gger". I don't know how your racist ass didn't get banned for that. Whatever... your constant and disgusting racist comments are more damaging to BC than anything Al Skinner could ever do.

you have some creative imagination. funny that you think you lies actually bother me.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

If I were Ballgame, I would be worried about you going through my trash or trying to videotape me through my window.

I was dead wrong on Duke, but in fairness I have them in my Final Four after seeing that shit bracket they were in. Had they been in a real bracket, I would have stuck with that statement. As it is, I will just win my pool after Kentucky cashes out for me.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:you have some creative imagination. funny that you think you lies actually bother me.

I think it is funny that OJ makes up a lie and then immediately cries about people making up lies about him. Isn't there a nice KKK board you can find and post on?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:you have some creative imagination. funny that you think you lies actually bother me.

I think it is funny that OJ makes up a lie and then immediately cries about people making up lies about him. Isn't there a nice KKK board you can find and post on?

hmmmm, let's see.....I didn't make up a lie. And I wasn't crying - I said I thought your little "racist" thing was funny - in a really weak, pathetic childish way. If you have nothing intelligent to say, just say I'm a racist.....now that's really bright.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

for the record, i was the one that said dook wouldn't win the acc or move past the sweet 16. i think teddy just agreed with me.

as far as dook making the elite eight - teh tourney izzz random and they had a pretty easy route there. at the same time, i will admit i was wrong on both counts - but i really didn't see either happening.

Speaking of easy routes... West Virginia is in the Elite Eight and has yet to play a team who was SEEDED in the single digits (15th, 11th and 10th).[/quote]

It looks like WVU has now played a team in the single digits and is now in the final 4. DOH! You know your hero Al has only beaten a higher seeded team once in the post season while at BC and that was MD in the 2008 ACC tournie. Just sayin' is all. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Speaking of easy routes... West Virginia is in the Elite Eight and has yet to play a team who was SEEDED in the single digits (15th, 11th and 10th).[/quote]

It looks like WVU has now played a team in the single digits and is now in the final 4. DOH! You know your hero Al has only beaten a higher seeded team once in the post season while at BC and that was MD in the 2008 ACC tournie. Just sayin' is all. :ace

He beat UNC and they were a higher seed in 2006. Not defending Al, just stating facts.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:28 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:no offense :ace , i get your point. however, i don't think using thuggins is the best method of making your point.

I was thinking that the absolute best thing that could ever happen to NCAA football would be if during last night's game, if a sink hole developed under the arena and swallowed every single person on the court and sideline. Huggins and Calipari represent everything that is wrong and corrupt with college basketball. I would never ever want either stepping foot at BC... even to watch Logi return to Robsham in an encore performance as the title role in Madame Butterfly.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:04 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

no offense :ace , i get your point. however, i don't think using thuggins is the best method of making your point.

I believe homojs is the one that tossed WVU out there since they had caught some breaks leading into the elite 8, no?
I stand corrected #3 BC beat #2 UNC in 2006. Al has twice in 13 seasons beaten a higher seeded team. My fault. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

I was dead wrong on Duke, but in fairness I have them in my Final Four after seeing that shit bracket they were in. Had they been in a real bracket, I would have stuck with that statement. As it is, I will just win my pool after Kentucky cashes out for me.

I still don't think Duke is very good. Fact of matter is that they've played three awful teams.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:50 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

I still don't think Duke is very good. Fact of matter is that they've played three awful teams.

No one seed played any great teams until the Elite 8:

Kansas: 16, 9
Kentucky: 16, 9, 12
Syracuse: 16, 8, 5
Duke: 16, 8, 4

FWIW Duke has played just as hard of a path as any one seed. They've just gotten it done.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:58 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:I believe homojs is the one that tossed WVU out there since they had caught some breaks leading into the elite 8, no?

I mentioned it as an anectdote like... hey, isn't that strange? How many times has an Elite Eight team never played a team seeded higher than 10? It wasn't meant to be anything more than that. Unfortunately, the disciples of OJ have decided to make every BB-related remark a global statement on the shittiness of Al Skinner. Thus... the name hoop weirdos.

On an aside, I find it peculiar that the position which is widely held on this board... that Skinner has done a great job here at BC but has run its course and it is would be time to move on, but unfortunately our AD is incapable of hiring someone better... is so reviled by OJ's Kill Koach Klan starring the Logitano Army.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:I believe homojs is the one that tossed WVU out there since they had caught some breaks leading into the elite 8, no?

On an aside, I find it peculiar that the position which is widely held on this board... that Skinner has done a great job here at BC but has run its course and it is would be time to move on, but unfortunately our AD is incapable of hiring someone better... is so reviled by OJ's Kill Koach Klan starring the Logitano Army.

your liberal us of the term "great" is what people disagree with. He has done an acceptable job....a very good job for a stretch....and a shitty job recently.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:05 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:The same bruce pearl that TWB, HJS, Pedro, talon and the other al apologists said wasn't any better than Al b/c he had never gone further than Al in the tourney. Looks like that argument is done....as is that crap argument about the "great record" in the acc. 1 sweet 16 in 14 years and there are still Al supporters out there...unbelievable. No wins in the tourney against higher seeds....crap recruiting....please take him st johns. Please take him just like NC State took our shitty football coach.

I've never discussed Bruce Pearl relative to Al Skinner. Never change, OJ.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I mentioned it as an anectdote like... hey, isn't that strange? How many times has an Elite Eight team never played a team seeded higher than 10? It wasn't meant to be anything more than that. Unfortunately, the disciples of OJ have decided to make every BB-related remark a global statement on the shittiness of Al Skinner. Thus... the name hoop weirdos.

I do not believe it is widely held that Skinner has done a great job. I am trying to decide if you are eaglewings or sayso in this merryman scenario you have put yourself in. I am fairly certain you do not know what "reviled" means and 1 Big East title along with 1 sweet 16 in 13 seasons will never = great. Al had a very good staff and did some good stuff but the program has been going backwards since **** ******** was excused from playing hoops forever at BC.
I am fairly certain the next coach will do what the previous 4 coaches did before him and lead BC to some NCAA tournaments and perhaps this time even take us to the next level while getting people excited about BC basketball.
Based on Gene's original search for football HC where he basically could not have gone wrong with almost any one of the coaches he identified I am not afraid of Gene picking a hoops coach. However, if Gene picks wrong based on his ego over what is best for BC at the very least you would get the smug satisfaction of being right for the first time in all the years i have known you. This is a win-win for fans of Boston College and Homojs. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Spectacular fucking facial by LOGO.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:The same bruce pearl that TWB, HJS, Pedro, talon and the other al apologists said wasn't any better than Al b/c he had never gone further than Al in the tourney. Looks like that argument is done....as is that crap argument about the "great record" in the acc. 1 sweet 16 in 14 years and there are still Al supporters out there...unbelievable. No wins in the tourney against higher seeds....crap recruiting....please take him st johns. Please take him just like NC State took our shitty football coach.

nor have I.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:41 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

I have. OJ loves that one extra game Bruce gets every once in while. Right before he meets a real coach, Tom Izzo.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

I have. OJ loves that one extra game Bruce gets every once in while. Right before he meets a real coach, Tom Izzo.

On game extra? FAIL. so you would rather have skinner than pearl? what does pearl have...like 5 teimes the number of sweet 16s?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

On game extra? FAIL. so you would rather have skinner than pearl? what does pearl have...like 5 teimes the number of sweet 16s?

His lovely 2 seed exit in the round of 32 would have had you pissing yourself for decades OJ.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

His lovely 2 seed exit in the round of 32 would have had you pissing yourself for decades OJ.

only if he did it consistently.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

Yes, because BC has been a 2 seed a ton of times.

And he has done it at least twice in 5-6 years at TN.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

Please stop with the Skinner is just as good as pear argument....its fucking stupid.

In four seasons at Tennessee, Pearl has led the Vols to an average of 24.5 wins per year, three SEC Eastern Division titles, an overall SEC championship, the school's first No. 1 national ranking, a school record 31 wins in 2007-08 and four straight trips to the NCAA Tournament--including back-to-back appearances in the Sweet 16. He has been named SEC Coach of the Year twice (2006 and 2008) and earned national coach of the year honors two times as well.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

Please stop with the Skinner is just as good as pear argument....its fucking stupid.

In four seasons at Tennessee, Pearl has led the Vols to an average of 24.5 wins per year, three SEC Eastern Division titles, an overall SEC championship, the school's first No. 1 national ranking, a school record 31 wins in 2007-08 and four straight trips to the NCAA Tournament--including back-to-back appearances in the Sweet 16. He has been named SEC Coach of the Year twice (2006 and 2008) and earned national coach of the year honors two times as well.

So in other words, he is awesome in the regular season, getting #1 rankings an two seeds and shit, but you, who relies on tourney performance, conveniently ignore the circumstances of his exits in those Sweet Sixteens. It also ignores the fact that he lost in the round of 32 with one of those 30 win, 2 seed teams. And the guy that looks for excuses to crap on Jags cites "Division Championships".

I'd say that this season is by far Bruce Pearl's finest performance, by the OJ standard. Prior to this season, he was Al Skinner, with weaker opponents and better talent. I will agree that Al has never had a season this good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

So in other words, he is awesome in the regular season, getting #1 rankings an two seeds and shit, but you, who relies on tourney performance, conveniently ignore the circumstances of his exits in those Sweet Sixteens. It also ignores the fact that he lost in the round of 32 with one of those 30 win, 2 seed teams. And the guy that looks for excuses to crap on Jags cites "Division Championships".

I'd say that this season is by far Bruce Pearl's finest performance, by the OJ standard. Prior to this season, he was Al Skinner, with weaker opponents and better talent. I will agree that Al has never had a season this good.

he has 3x more sweet 16s than Al in 1/3 the time....you can rationalize all you want, but that's not even close. As far as better recruiuts and higher seed...well, that's all part of being a good coach.

Jesus, its not even fucking close.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum