who is on bc's short list for coaches?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

who is on bc's short list for coaches?

Postby goeagles12 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:23 pm

if skinner does leave?
goeagles12
n00b

Re: who is on bc's short list for coaches?

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Coen
Duquette
GDF
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Tim O'Shea
John Defillipo
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Auriemma
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:05 pm

BC grad and Sharon, MA native Bruce Fucking Pearl. Dude is rocking 2 walk-ons this year and is in a Sweet 16 for the 2nd time in 3 years...THAT is getting the most out of your players. Not gagging away a 58 point lead to Villanova with a better team in 2005 (yes, I'm still bitter).
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:BC grad and Sharon, MA native Bruce Fucking Pearl. Dude is rocking 2 walk-ons this year and is in a Sweet 16 for the 2nd time in 3 years...THAT is getting the most out of your players. Not gagging away a 58 point lead to Villanova with a better team in 2005 (yes, I'm still bitter).

I'm not an Al apologist (we should have won the game in question due to the big lead accumulated early), but I'm curious why you think that BC team was better than that Nova team all-things-being-equal?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:13 pm

1/1A: Coen and O'Shea
3: Duquette
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:22 pm

For me, the most indisputable fact in that game was that Villanova's forwards were a disgrace to basketball and wouldn't have cracked the rotation of the Montana team that BC obliterated in Round 2 that year. Dante Cunningham was 2 years away from being a credible player and Will Sheridan (the starter at the time was exceptionally mediocre). Thus, with Craig Smith playing out of his mind, :seanwilliams doing close to the same, and Jared Dudley playing well, there was no excuse for BC not to post better than the mediocre +4 on the glass and/or absolutely demoralize 'Nova by decimating Sheridan/Cunningham inside.

As for the guards, the only player BC couldn't handle was Randy Foye. I think that was pretty much a given, yet the rest of those "vaunted" guards for Nova did not at all overwhelm Hinnant, Marshall, or Rice. In fact, Jay Wright abandoned the use of Mike Nardi in the game because Louis Hinnant spent the better part of the first half spanking him like his father.

To summarize, BC held an unbelievable edge inside the 3 point line and could at the very least break even with 3 of the 4 'Nova guards. No way on earth should they have lost that game.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:For me, the most indisputable fact in that game was that Villanova's forwards were a disgrace to basketball and wouldn't have cracked the rotation of the Montana team that BC obliterated in Round 2 that year. Dante Cunningham was 2 years away from being a credible player and Will Sheridan (the starter at the time was exceptionally mediocre). Thus, with Craig Smith playing out of his mind, :seanwilliams doing close to the same, and Jared Dudley playing well, there was no excuse for BC not to post better than the mediocre +4 on the glass and/or absolutely demoralize 'Nova by decimating Sheridan/Cunningham inside.

As for the guards, the only player BC couldn't handle was Randy Foye. I think that was pretty much a given, yet the rest of those "vaunted" guards for Nova did not at all overwhelm Hinnant, Marshall, or Rice. In fact, Jay Wright abandoned the use of Mike Nardi in the game because Louis Hinnant spent the better part of the first half spanking him like his father.

To summarize, BC held an unbelievable edge inside the 3 point line and could at the very least break even with 3 of the 4 'Nova guards. No way on earth should they have lost that game.

To be a dick, that team has more future NBAers than BC (I believe 4 to BC's 3) and Smith's broken hand killed our size advantage. That doesn't excuse the blow-up, but the loss isn't exactly on the coach either. Those were just 2 of the top 5 teams in the Tourney that year (it's fucked up that Florida was also in that bracket too...as a 2 seed?). Nardi sucked anyways.

I think a break-up here is the best thing for both parties. It isn't really a Toby situation because 1) Al won a conference championship and 2) Al doesn't hate BC, but that doesn't mean there aren't some similarities. It's just that revisionist history is one of my pet-peeves.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:37 pm

You're talking out of both sides though. Just because 'Nova had 4 NBA'ers on that team...only 2 of them actually did anything (Ray was never drafted and Nardi was out of the league along with Ray within 3 years). Foye was the engine on that team, BC had WAY more talent and should have spent literally every second pounding the glass and forcing the ball inside once they got the lead. Instead they stopped running offense and relaxed on defense and let Foye speed up the pace and that resulted in BC coughing up the game.

As you mentioned, it was moot because Florida would have handled BC in the Elite 8, but none the less...inexcusable loss.

Bottom line: Skinner has run his course and hasn't been coaching or recruiting since :seanwilliams goal tended that OOB play that ended the game. It's time for him to move on before he does any more damage to his reputation and can't even get an interview at one of the worst programs in the Big East anymore.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:40 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:You're talking out of both sides though. Just because 'Nova had 4 NBA'ers on that team...only 2 of them actually did anything (Ray was never drafted and Nardi was out of the league along with Ray within 3 years). Foye was the engine on that team, BC had WAY more talent and should spent literally every second pounding the glass and forcing the ball inside once they got the lead. Instead they stopped running offense and relaxed on defense and let Foye speed up the pace and coughed up the game.

As you mentioned, it was moot because Florida would have handled BC in the Elite 8, but none the less...inexcusable loss.

Bottom line: Skinner has run his course and hasn't been coaching or recruiting since :seanwilliams goal tended that OOB play that ended the game. It's time for him to move on before he does any more damage to his reputation and can't even get an interview at one of the worst programs in the Big East anymore.

I'm not taking both sides. Skinner was the right coach for BC 5 years ago. This is no longer the case.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:18 am

Give the reigns to Duquette his cousin got the Red Sox over the hump!
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 am

I think Karl Hobbs and Chris Mooney should get interviews. And Todd Bozeman
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum