SKINNER GOES: POST WHO IS YOUR 1st PICK FOR COACH AND WHY?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: SKINNER GOES: POST WHO IS YOUR 1st PICK FOR COACH AND WHY?

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:24 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Brian Gregory is also a top 4!

Auggie--I got no problem With Brian Gregory, but Camper siad he had a better deal at dayton, and someone posted a credible comment from the Final 4 that Stephen Donahue was selected?

I never posted odds on him...LMAO!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:31 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Chris Mack..here is his bio again...I would pay him $3M and use Big Peter's and Angry Ty's tip money to juice the deal.

Since he is an Xavier Alum, first year, loyalty and all else he lives in area, wife deal, it will take at least $2.5M to $3.0M to get him.

MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE....GO FOR THE MACK TRUCK!!!! TAKE OFF THE RUBBER BAND LEAHY-HOO!

We all wanted Brian Kelly in 2009, Brain sent GDF a love note and $3M for 5 and we would have no SPAZOO CUSHION!!!

--- Caddy and I wanted Urban Meyer in 2003-2004---if you want a solid guy who can bring BC a National Title and a huge share of the NCAA Final Four $$$$$ pie----- and is one of the best College Sports JOB 1-10 guys on earth or Talent is Supreme and its RECRUITING!!!

.....then here is the guy and only huge $$$$$$ would pry this guy from Xavier and huge $$$$$ might not make a difference for this solid family man, and Xavier alum and pillar of the community...

One thing for sure...there ain't no dope smoking lazy out of shape losers on Xavier.
Chris Mack

Position:
Head Coach

Birthdate:
12/30/1969

Experience:
First Season

Alma Mater:
Xavier '92
Chris Mack Photo Gallery

Chris Mack, who is the 17th head coach in program history, was announced as head coach on April 15 and succeeds Sean Miller, who recently took over as Arizona's head coach. Mack spent the past five seasons as an assistant on Miller's staff here at Xavier.

Mack, a two-time team captain as a player at Xavier, is 39 years old and a 1992 Xavier University graduate with a degree in communication arts. Mack is the fifth Xavier alumnus out of 17 all-time head coaches to take over the Xavier men's basketball program and is the first since former XU team captain Don Ruberg spent four seasons at the helm from 1963-67. Joe Meyer (13 seasons from 1920-33), Ed Burns (one season in 1945-46) and Harry Gilligan (one season from 1919-20) are the other XU alums that have been named head coach.

Mack was XU's Director of Basketball Operations from 1999-2001 under the late former XU head coach Skip Prosser. Mack spent three seasons as an assistant coach at Wake Forest under Prosser from 2001-04. He returned to Xavier in 2004 as an assistant coach under Miller. During his 10 years on the staffs at Xavier and Wake, Mack coached on nine teams that made postseason play, including eight teams that made the NCAA Tournament field. Those eight NCAA teams made the NCAA Second Round three times (2002, 2003 and 2007), the NCAA Sweet 16 twice (2004 and 2009) and the NCAA Elite Eight once (2008).

"I am honored to be named the new head coach at Xavier University," said Mack. "I have a great love for Xavier, our loyal fans and the City of Cincinnati. I want to thank Fr. Graham, John Kucia and Mike Bobinski for believing in me and trusting in me to lead our basketball program. My time at Xavier under the leadership of the late Skip Prosser and Sean Miller has served me well and has prepared me for the challenge ahead. I have enjoyed being a part of our recent success and I am even more excited about Xavier's potential for the future as we continue to solidify ourselves as one of the elite programs in all of college basketball."

Mack has logged seven years on the basketball staff at Xavier, including five years under Miller and two under Prosser, helping XU make five NCAA Tournament appearances and an NIT. During these past five seasons while Mack was a Xavier assistant, the Musketeers compiled a 120-47 record that included four straight NCAA Tournament berths, three straight Atlantic 10 Conference Regular Season Championships (2009, 2008 and 2007) and an A-10 Tournament Championship (2006). XU has recorded four straight 20-win seasons, including 25 wins or more in each of the past three seasons. XU advanced to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 this past season (2009), the NCAA Elite Eight and a school record 30 wins in 2008 and the NCAA Second Round in 2007. XU made one NCAA Tournament (2001) and one NIT (2000) in Mack's two years on Prosser's Xavier staff, while compiling a combined 42-20 record.

While Mack was an assistant on Prosser's staff at Wake Forest, the Demon Deacons compiled a combined 67-29 record with the help of such stars as Josh Howard, Darius Songalia and Chris Paul. Wake made the NCAA Tournament Second Round in 2002 and 2003 and the NCAA Sweet 16 in 2004. The 2002-03 team finished 25-6 overall and 13-3 and in first place in the ACC for the first time since 1995. It was WFU's first outright ACC regular season title in 41 years.

Mack participated in Nike's 2008 Villa 7 Consortium. The Villa 7 Consortium selected and invited some of the top men's basketball assistant coaches from around the country to attend an educational symposium held on Nike's campus in Beaverton, Ore., in May, 2008. The two-day event featured some of the greatest minds in coaching and served as a networking opportunity, as several athletic directors were on hand throughout the course of the program. The chief goal of the symposium was to provide opportunities for assistant coaches, who are considered to be the very best in college basketball.

In 2007, Mack was named to the Rivals.com "Top 25 Assistant Coaches" list. The site referred to Mack as a "solid recruiter and an excellent teacher." The College Bound Hoops 2008 rankings (recruitingrumors.com) ranked Mack 19th in the nation among assistant coaches.

Mack started his coaching career as the head coach at Mount Notre Dame from 1995-1999 and was named the 1996 Cincinnati Post Coach of the Year.

Mack Was Also A Leader As A Player

Mack is a former local prep basketball standout who played college basketball for two seasons at the University of Evansville before transferring to Xavier to finish off his career and earn his undergraduate degree.

Mack had three years as a player under head coach Pete Gillen at Xavier, including the 1990-91 season when he sat out the games and just practiced due to transfer rules. Mack was voted team captain for the 1991-92 season before ever playing a game for the Musketeers. He unfortunately suffered a season-ending ACL injury to his left knee just eight seconds into Xavier's first exhibition game that season against CREA Club of Portugal (11-11-91) at Cincinnati Gardens. He suffered an ACL injury to his right knee during a summer league game prior to his senior season of 1992-93, keeping him out of game action until January. Mack was captain again for his senior season, though, playing in 21 games and averaging 5.2 minutes on a team that finished 24-6, won the MCC Regular Season Championship at 12-2 and reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Mack was a two-year starter for the Evansville Aces in the 1988-89 and 1989-90 seasons under UE head coach Jim Crews. He played six times against Xavier, averaging 10.7 ppg. and recording a 2-4 record against the Musketeers. One of his freshman highlights was a career-high five steals in an 88-82 win over Xavier at UE (2-16-89). Two of his best games during his sophomore year came against Xavier, including 20 points, 11 rebounds and four assists in a 59-51 upset win of the then-No. 20 Musketeers at UE (1-18-90). He scored 17 points later in the season in a 71-52 loss to the Musketeers at Cincinnati Gardens (2-15-90).

Mack played in 31 games, starting 18 times, and averaged 7.2 ppg. and 3.5 rpg. as a freshman in the 1988-89 season, helping Evansville to a 25-6 overall record, an MCC Regular Season Championship at 10-2 and a trip to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Mack played in 32 games, starting 26 times, and averaged 10.1 ppg. and 6.4 rpg. as a sophomore in the 1989-90 season while helping the Aces to a 17-15 overall mark and a 7-5 MCC record.

Mack was the 1987-88 Cincinnati Post Metro Player of the Year and Greater Cincinnati League Player of the Year at St. Xavier High School after averaging 25.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.0 steals as a senior. He scored 35 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and had four blocks to lead the Bombers past Lexington (Ky.) Henry Clay in the Blue Chip City Basketball Invitational. He also played in the Ohio All-Star Game and the Ohio-Michigan all-star series.

After his graduation from Xavier in 1992, Mack played for Athletes in Action in 1993 and in Europe in 1994.

A Basketball Family Man

Mack was born December 30, 1969 in Cleveland, Ohio. He and his wife, Christi, live in Kentucky with their two-year-old daughter, Hailee, and their three-year-old daughter Lainee. Christi, the Director of Basketball Operations for Xavier University's women's basketball team from 2001-03, is now the head girls basketball coach at Colerain High School in Cincinnati.

THIS IS A GREAT RESUME! THIS IS YOUR GREAT GUY!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:38 pm

When it is official

COEN --OC Inner Eagle predicted it first.

If Donahue -it is KOSS..

If Gregory it is EPSTEIN..

I will look up Chris Mack now. Who said him first.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:40 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Special Election for Al's Seat
by durkcal on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:23 pm

I would go for Chris Mack of Xavier, Brian Gregory of Dayton or Fran Dunphy of Temple.

DRATS...Beaten out bu DURCAL!!

I was second.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It seems like a clear echelon has developed:

No Brainers: Kruger, Pearl, Few
Improvements: Baron, McCaffrey
Boring but acceptable: Coen
Certifiable trainwrecks: Cooley, O'Shea, Duquette, Lappas

10 FUCKING GUYS HJS?

0-10,,,,no problem you can always go back and change...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am gonna miss you...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Chris Mack..here is his bio again...I would pay him $3M and use Big Peter's and Angry Ty's tip money to juice the deal.

Since he is an Xavier Alum, first year, loyalty and all else he lives in area, wife deal, it will take at least $2.5M to $3.0M to get him.

MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE....GO FOR THE MACK TRUCK!!!! TAKE OFF THE RUBBER BAND LEAHY-HOO!

We all wanted Brian Kelly in 2009, Brain sent GDF a love note and $3M for 5 and we would have no SPAZOO CUSHION!!!

--- Caddy and I wanted Urban Meyer in 2003-2004---if you want a solid guy who can bring BC a National Title and a huge share of the NCAA Final Four $$$$$ pie----- and is one of the best College Sports JOB 1-10 guys on earth or Talent is Supreme and its RECRUITING!!!

.....then here is the guy and only huge $$$$$$ would pry this guy from Xavier and huge $$$$$ might not make a difference for this solid family man, and Xavier alum and pillar of the community...

One thing for sure...there ain't no dope smoking lazy out of shape losers on Xavier.
Chris Mack

Position:
Head Coach

Birthdate:
12/30/1969

Experience:
First Season

Alma Mater:
Xavier '92
Chris Mack Photo Gallery

Chris Mack, who is the 17th head coach in program history, was announced as head coach on April 15 and succeeds Sean Miller, who recently took over as Arizona's head coach. Mack spent the past five seasons as an assistant on Miller's staff here at Xavier.

Mack, a two-time team captain as a player at Xavier, is 39 years old and a 1992 Xavier University graduate with a degree in communication arts. Mack is the fifth Xavier alumnus out of 17 all-time head coaches to take over the Xavier men's basketball program and is the first since former XU team captain Don Ruberg spent four seasons at the helm from 1963-67. Joe Meyer (13 seasons from 1920-33), Ed Burns (one season in 1945-46) and Harry Gilligan (one season from 1919-20) are the other XU alums that have been named head coach.

Mack was XU's Director of Basketball Operations from 1999-2001 under the late former XU head coach Skip Prosser. Mack spent three seasons as an assistant coach at Wake Forest under Prosser from 2001-04. He returned to Xavier in 2004 as an assistant coach under Miller. During his 10 years on the staffs at Xavier and Wake, Mack coached on nine teams that made postseason play, including eight teams that made the NCAA Tournament field. Those eight NCAA teams made the NCAA Second Round three times (2002, 2003 and 2007), the NCAA Sweet 16 twice (2004 and 2009) and the NCAA Elite Eight once (2008).

"I am honored to be named the new head coach at Xavier University," said Mack. "I have a great love for Xavier, our loyal fans and the City of Cincinnati. I want to thank Fr. Graham, John Kucia and Mike Bobinski for believing in me and trusting in me to lead our basketball program. My time at Xavier under the leadership of the late Skip Prosser and Sean Miller has served me well and has prepared me for the challenge ahead. I have enjoyed being a part of our recent success and I am even more excited about Xavier's potential for the future as we continue to solidify ourselves as one of the elite programs in all of college basketball."

Mack has logged seven years on the basketball staff at Xavier, including five years under Miller and two under Prosser, helping XU make five NCAA Tournament appearances and an NIT. During these past five seasons while Mack was a Xavier assistant, the Musketeers compiled a 120-47 record that included four straight NCAA Tournament berths, three straight Atlantic 10 Conference Regular Season Championships (2009, 2008 and 2007) and an A-10 Tournament Championship (2006). XU has recorded four straight 20-win seasons, including 25 wins or more in each of the past three seasons. XU advanced to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 this past season (2009), the NCAA Elite Eight and a school record 30 wins in 2008 and the NCAA Second Round in 2007. XU made one NCAA Tournament (2001) and one NIT (2000) in Mack's two years on Prosser's Xavier staff, while compiling a combined 42-20 record.

While Mack was an assistant on Prosser's staff at Wake Forest, the Demon Deacons compiled a combined 67-29 record with the help of such stars as Josh Howard, Darius Songalia and Chris Paul. Wake made the NCAA Tournament Second Round in 2002 and 2003 and the NCAA Sweet 16 in 2004. The 2002-03 team finished 25-6 overall and 13-3 and in first place in the ACC for the first time since 1995. It was WFU's first outright ACC regular season title in 41 years.

Mack participated in Nike's 2008 Villa 7 Consortium. The Villa 7 Consortium selected and invited some of the top men's basketball assistant coaches from around the country to attend an educational symposium held on Nike's campus in Beaverton, Ore., in May, 2008. The two-day event featured some of the greatest minds in coaching and served as a networking opportunity, as several athletic directors were on hand throughout the course of the program. The chief goal of the symposium was to provide opportunities for assistant coaches, who are considered to be the very best in college basketball.

In 2007, Mack was named to the Rivals.com "Top 25 Assistant Coaches" list. The site referred to Mack as a "solid recruiter and an excellent teacher." The College Bound Hoops 2008 rankings (recruitingrumors.com) ranked Mack 19th in the nation among assistant coaches.

Mack started his coaching career as the head coach at Mount Notre Dame from 1995-1999 and was named the 1996 Cincinnati Post Coach of the Year.

Mack Was Also A Leader As A Player

Mack is a former local prep basketball standout who played college basketball for two seasons at the University of Evansville before transferring to Xavier to finish off his career and earn his undergraduate degree.

Mack had three years as a player under head coach Pete Gillen at Xavier, including the 1990-91 season when he sat out the games and just practiced due to transfer rules. Mack was voted team captain for the 1991-92 season before ever playing a game for the Musketeers. He unfortunately suffered a season-ending ACL injury to his left knee just eight seconds into Xavier's first exhibition game that season against CREA Club of Portugal (11-11-91) at Cincinnati Gardens. He suffered an ACL injury to his right knee during a summer league game prior to his senior season of 1992-93, keeping him out of game action until January. Mack was captain again for his senior season, though, playing in 21 games and averaging 5.2 minutes on a team that finished 24-6, won the MCC Regular Season Championship at 12-2 and reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Mack was a two-year starter for the Evansville Aces in the 1988-89 and 1989-90 seasons under UE head coach Jim Crews. He played six times against Xavier, averaging 10.7 ppg. and recording a 2-4 record against the Musketeers. One of his freshman highlights was a career-high five steals in an 88-82 win over Xavier at UE (2-16-89). Two of his best games during his sophomore year came against Xavier, including 20 points, 11 rebounds and four assists in a 59-51 upset win of the then-No. 20 Musketeers at UE (1-18-90). He scored 17 points later in the season in a 71-52 loss to the Musketeers at Cincinnati Gardens (2-15-90).

Mack played in 31 games, starting 18 times, and averaged 7.2 ppg. and 3.5 rpg. as a freshman in the 1988-89 season, helping Evansville to a 25-6 overall record, an MCC Regular Season Championship at 10-2 and a trip to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Mack played in 32 games, starting 26 times, and averaged 10.1 ppg. and 6.4 rpg. as a sophomore in the 1989-90 season while helping the Aces to a 17-15 overall mark and a 7-5 MCC record.

Mack was the 1987-88 Cincinnati Post Metro Player of the Year and Greater Cincinnati League Player of the Year at St. Xavier High School after averaging 25.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.0 steals as a senior. He scored 35 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and had four blocks to lead the Bombers past Lexington (Ky.) Henry Clay in the Blue Chip City Basketball Invitational. He also played in the Ohio All-Star Game and the Ohio-Michigan all-star series.

After his graduation from Xavier in 1992, Mack played for Athletes in Action in 1993 and in Europe in 1994.

A Basketball Family Man

Mack was born December 30, 1969 in Cleveland, Ohio. He and his wife, Christi, live in Kentucky with their two-year-old daughter, Hailee, and their three-year-old daughter Lainee. Christi, the Director of Basketball Operations for Xavier University's women's basketball team from 2001-03, is now the head girls basketball coach at Colerain High School in Cincinnati.

Here you go soulhunter--sentence 2. that is how big men with $1.5 B endowments make great programs...brick by brick..

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:When it is official

If Donahue -it is KOSS..

Down to the final 3...

Cremins first mentione him..Route 66 said it was a great choice and Buttercup nailed it!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:When it is official

If Donahue -it is KOSS.. Cremisn also since he first mentioned Donahue so 50/50!

durkcal on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:23 pm

I would go for Chris Mack of Xavier, Brian Gregory of Dayton or Fran Dunphy of Temple.

DRATS...Beaten out by DURCAL!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:04 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:It seems like a clear echelon has developed:

No Brainers: Kruger, Pearl, Few
Improvements: Baron, McCaffrey
Boring but acceptable: Coen
Certifiable trainwrecks: Cooley, O'Shea, Duquette, Lappas

10 FUCKING GUYS HJS?

0-10,,,,no problem you can always go back and change...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am gonna miss you...

RIGHT ON THE HOMOTRAIN!

:74

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum