BC Hoops 2010 ACC Champions

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC Hoops 2010 ACC Champions

Postby MoMoneyBC on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:47 am

You heard it here first.
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Re: BC Hoops 2010 ACC Champions

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:01 am

I think teddy called this a while ago back on the old site.

But I agree.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 am

I am glad to jump on momoney's bandwagon, but yes, I have been saying this for a while.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 am

I started a thread about Al Skinner leading this team to an ACC Championship this year on the basketball weirdo board on EI. I'd link to it, but NEP is a dick.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby MoMoneyBC on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:04 pm

We can be really good this year. What do you guys think will be our starting 5 this year?

Pg - Paris - Great ball handler and distributor, knows how to get others involved. Can hit the open 3.
SG/SF - Sanders - NBA type player - Can hit the three, midrange, post up, get to the rack, and also D up with the best of them when he wants. (@ UNC last year.. wow)
SF - Raji - Grinder. Gets offensive bounds. Can finish in transition and plays solid D. a glue guy.
PF / SF - Trapani - One of if not the best in the ACC at his position. I really love the way he plays, shoots the ball with confidence and its pure.
C - Southern - Give me 10 and 10 a game, cant ask for anymore.

I imagine thats what skinner will go with.
Coming off the bench we have

PG/ SG - Reggie Jackson - Similar to Sanders with a little more bounce, and a little less size. Better ball handler. Ton of potential.
SF - Roche - I think hes gonna be a key member to this team. He can really stretch a defense and has been slowly finding his groove throughout his career at BC. (can't forget those 5 3's he hit vs. sc upstate.)
PF/ C - Courtney Dunn - Came on late last year. Just continue to play good defense and hit your open shots.
PF/C - Evan Ravenel - Lets see what you got big boy. I'm expecting about 20 minutes per game.

We can be real good... idk if i said that yet.
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Paris
Jackson
Sanders
Trapani
Southern
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MoMoneyBC on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:08 pm

that would be really good too, but what about Reggie's energy coming off the bench, that could be a nice component to this team
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Roche :pepper2 :pickle :cheer
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby glass slapper on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Don't sleep on Dallas Elmore. He has length, can shoot, and defend.
glass slapper
n00b

Postby wrlent2012 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:38 pm

I agree. Elmore has great potential. we have a deep bench this year but lack that height. When southern is in foul trouble whos going to cover the Derrick Favors and the other talented big men

BIG YEAR. this could solidify us as one of the premeir basketball teams in the country
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 am

Southern is the key to this season. If he steps up, the regular season title is ours. If he repeats last year's inconsistency, it's going to be a long season. I know the Sanders hype machine is rolling, but I think it's justified- he consistently steps up in big games and thrives when the game is on the line.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:55 pm

2010 can be for the ACC title

But 2011 is the National Title
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:23 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:2010 can be for the ACC title

But 2011 is the National Title

National Title in 2011? You sure are drinking the :koolaid .

Let's get back to the Sweet 16 before we start thinking National Title.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby wrlent2012 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Just think about it though. if we get Rod Odom and he pans out he will be great and itll be an amazing year
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm

Think about it, though...

C Southern
PF Trapani
SF Sanders
SG Jackson
PG Paris

And off the bench:

Raji
Noreen
Ravenel
Elmore
Dunn
Heslip
And possibly Odom/Bradley/Kofane and others

Just think about the talent and depth (lots of depth)... I believe that is a Top 10 team.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 pm

That projected lineup still couldn't hold a candle to the 2005-2006 team, which only got to the Sweet 16.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:That projected lineup still couldn't hold a candle to the 2005-2006 team, which only got to the Sweet 16...And could have easily made the final four.

Fixed.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:That projected lineup still couldn't hold a candle to the 2005-2006 team, which only got to the Sweet 16...And could have easily made the final four.

Fixed.

Unless you think we would have beaten a loaded Florida team without Craig Smith (tore ligament in his wrist against Villanova), you're wrong.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm

As of now, the 2005-2006 team is the greatest squad Boston College has ever put on a basketball court, and nobody is really questioning that. But let's wait and see what these new guys (who are now experienced juniors) can do without Tyrese first.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:01 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:That projected lineup still couldn't hold a candle to the 2005-2006 team, which only got to the Sweet 16.

Meh. Disagree. That team had a below average backcourt, the main thing that matters in college hoop. This will be a better team and go further.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:58 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Fixed.

Unless you think we would have beaten a loaded Florida team without Craig Smith (tore ligament in his wrist against Villanova), you're wrong.

Once you're in the Elite 8, anything can happen. I didn't say easily in the sense that it would be easy to beat Florida, I said easy in the sense that we would be 1 game away.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:06 pm

Believe me, that 2005-2006 team was my favorite BC basketball team of all-time. They were really good and should have been at least an Elite Eight team given the talent. They had 3 NBA players and at least 3 more guys who are playing in Europe. I don't see the same level of talent on this year's team. Rakim Sanders most likely will be an NBA player. Other than that, there isn't anyone else who is close to being an NBA player. And that's fine since having NBA players doesn't guarantee you squat in the tournament. Next year, if we get Odom, Noreen, and Heslip, and they all turn out to be good players, then a serious Final Four run could be a possibility. To me, a lot of it hinges on whether or not Paris is ready for primetime.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Believe me, that 2005-2006 team was my favorite BC basketball team of all-time. They were really good and should have been at least an Elite Eight team given the talent. They had 3 NBA players and at least 3 more guys who are playing in Europe. I don't see the same level of talent on this year's team. Rakim Sanders most likely will be an NBA player. Other than that, there isn't anyone else who is close to being an NBA player. And that's fine since having NBA players doesn't guarantee you squat in the tournament. Next year, if we get Odom, Noreen, and Heslip, and they all turn out to be good players, then a serious Final Four run could be a possibility. To me, a lot of it hinges on whether or not Paris is ready for primetime.

Jackson + Sanders + Paris >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hinnant + Marshall + Rice as a freshman

There is no doubt that the front court was better on the other team. Like I said, frontcourt play doesn't matter as much. If Southern, Raji, Trapani, Paris and bench do their jobs, this will be a better team, even though it only has one guy that is a can't miss NBA talent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Believe me, that 2005-2006 team was my favorite BC basketball team of all-time. They were really good and should have been at least an Elite Eight team given the talent. They had 3 NBA players and at least 3 more guys who are playing in Europe. I don't see the same level of talent on this year's team. Rakim Sanders most likely will be an NBA player. Other than that, there isn't anyone else who is close to being an NBA player. And that's fine since having NBA players doesn't guarantee you squat in the tournament. Next year, if we get Odom, Noreen, and Heslip, and they all turn out to be good players, then a serious Final Four run could be a possibility. To me, a lot of it hinges on whether or not Paris is ready for primetime.

There is no doubt that the front court was better on the other team. Like I said, frontcourt play doesn't matter as much. If Southern, Raji, Trapani, Paris and bench do their jobs, this will be a better team, even though it only has one guy that is a can't miss NBA talent.

Well, for the backcourt purposes, I was thinking of Rakim as a SF since I believe we'll go small in crunchtime to get Jackson on the court. If you include him in the backcourt, then I'd probably give the edge to this year's backcourt. However, there's a HUGE edge to the 2005-2006 squad on defense. :seanwilliams was such a disruptive force on the defensive end. This year's team has nobody who can alter shots down low. A Southern/Trapani frontcourt is incredibly soft.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:59 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Well, for the backcourt purposes, I was thinking of Rakim as a SF since I believe we'll go small in crunchtime to get Jackson on the court. If you include him in the backcourt, then I'd probably give the edge to this year's backcourt. However, there's a HUGE edge to the 2005-2006 squad on defense. :seanwilliams was such a disruptive force on the defensive end. This year's team has nobody who can alter shots down low. A Southern/Trapani frontcourt is incredibly soft.

You win. The 05-06 team was the best Round of 32 team BC ever had. Me, I will take the less talented Elite Eight squads. And this year's team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Very debatable in my opinion. Marshall was a very good player, Hinnant was a pure PG, and Rice was a great scorer, even as a freshman. I'll take the 05-06 team. I'm going to watch a game this year before I decide anybody is better than the 05-06 team.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You win. The 05-06 team was the best Round of 32 team BC ever had. Me, I will take the less talented Elite Eight squads. And this year's team.

The 05-06 team made the Sweet 16. And was a busted play away from the Elite Eight. Obviously, I'd prefer to go as far as possible regardless of any perceived talent level. If this year's team matched the accomplishments of the 2005-2006 team, then this year would be a rousing success.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Very debatable in my opinion. Marshall was a very good player, Hinnant was a pure PG, and Rice was a great scorer, even as a freshman. I'll take the 05-06 team. I'm going to watch a game this year before I decide anybody is better than the 05-06 team.

It's not debatable.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:28 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's not debatable.

No, it is not. Hinnant was at best mediocre until the postseason of his senior year, when, for a brief flash, he became decent. Marshall was terrible. Rice was just a spot sniper as a freshman, and couldn't dribble.

Meanwhile, Sanders and Jackson basically beat number one UNC last year by themselves.

By the way, the 1994 Elite Eight team had 3 NBA players on it, one cup of coffee with the Heat (Huckaby) one first round pick (Curley), and one guy that had a better NBA career than any of the guys from the 2005 team will (Eisley). I believe the other two starters (Abrams and Abram) both played for a while in Europe.

While we are at it, the 1982 Elite Eight team had 2 guys (Bagley and Adams) that were probably two of BC's three best NBA players EVER. So the "what did they do after college" analysis fails for me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:38 am

Huckaby and Curley didn't do jack shit in the NBA. Eisley was the only NBA player of note from that squad. I still maintain that the 2005-2006 squad was the most talented team BC will ever field. Of course, they also underachieved. This year's team won't be as talented but they may go farther. You just never know with college hoops.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum