BC Hoops 2010 ACC Champions

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC Hoops 2010 ACC Champions

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:04 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:Huckaby and Curley didn't do jack shit in the NBA. Eisley was the only NBA player of note from that squad. I still maintain that the 2005-2006 squad was the most talented team BC will ever field. Of course, they also underachieved. This year's team won't be as talented but they may go farther. You just never know with college hoops.

Seriously dude, Dudley and :seanwilliams haven't really done jackshit either. Smith is an undersized 7th man. Eisley was the only NBA player of note from either of those two teams. And the two guys on the 82 team were a thousand times better than all of them.

I am of the opinion that Jackson and Sanders are two of the most talented players BC has ever had. Will they recognize that potential? We will see.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am

Better Team ≠ Better Players
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:49 am

talon {l Wrote}:Better Team ≠ Better Players

That point has already been made. I just think it's going to be a tall order for the 2009-2010 team to match the accomplishments of the 2005-2006 version. And it's going to be even harder for them to exceed them. Here are the accomplishments of the 2005-2006 team:

1) 28 wins
2) 11-5 regular season ACC record
3) Runner-up in ACC tournament
4) #7 in final AP poll (prior to tournament)
5) #4 seed in NCAA tournament
6) Sweet 16 appearance

All of those are within reach for this year's team. But it'll be tough to match/top.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Given football's current state, it is just nice to have something to look forward to.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:00 pm

If only they had named this thread BC Hoops 2010 Beats NJIT.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby bobcarrington on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:27 pm

We should probably invoke this thread from time to time to keep ourselves humble.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Believe me, that 2005-2006 team was my favorite BC basketball team of all-time. They were really good and should have been at least an Elite Eight team given the talent. They had 3 NBA players and at least 3 more guys who are playing in Europe. I don't see the same level of talent on this year's team. Rakim Sanders most likely will be an NBA player. Other than that, there isn't anyone else who is close to being an NBA player. And that's fine since having NBA players doesn't guarantee you squat in the tournament. Next year, if we get Odom, Noreen, and Heslip, and they all turn out to be good players, then a serious Final Four run could be a possibility. To me, a lot of it hinges on whether or not Paris is ready for primetime.

Jackson + Sanders + Paris >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hinnant + Marshall + Rice as a freshman

There is no doubt that the front court was better on the other team. Like I said, frontcourt play doesn't matter as much. If Southern, Raji, Trapani, Paris and bench do their jobs, this will be a better team, even though it only has one guy that is a can't miss NBA talent.

I don't know what's more comical....saying this team is better than the 2006 team, or saying that Sanders is "can't miss NBA talent".
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:49 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Believe me, that 2005-2006 team was my favorite BC basketball team of all-time. They were really good and should have been at least an Elite Eight team given the talent. They had 3 NBA players and at least 3 more guys who are playing in Europe. I don't see the same level of talent on this year's team. Rakim Sanders most likely will be an NBA player. Other than that, there isn't anyone else who is close to being an NBA player. And that's fine since having NBA players doesn't guarantee you squat in the tournament. Next year, if we get Odom, Noreen, and Heslip, and they all turn out to be good players, then a serious Final Four run could be a possibility. To me, a lot of it hinges on whether or not Paris is ready for primetime.

There is no doubt that the front court was better on the other team. Like I said, frontcourt play doesn't matter as much. If Southern, Raji, Trapani, Paris and bench do their jobs, this will be a better team, even though it only has one guy that is a can't miss NBA talent.

I don't know what's more comical....saying this team is better than the 2006 team, or saying that Sanders is "can't miss NBA talent".

the answer: saying that gene will open up the checkbook to hire a prestigious basketball coach based on gene's other tenured hires.

i'd like to reference out the case of chris crane vs. cesspool can't possibly be worse in pointing out that oj doesn't know what the hell he's talking about 99.9% of the time and frequently abondons previous arguments to fit his new fact patterns into new audiences

Douchebag - nobody has any fucking clue who Gene would interview for the hoops job. I don't claim to know his potential list of candidates. HJS does, because he has an agenda. I won't address your other comment, because it doesn't have anything to do with me.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:I won't address your other comment, because it doesn't have anything to do with me.

Still sticking by that whole "I never posted that much on EI, but was banned and deleted from the entire scout.com network" argument, huh?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby bobcarrington on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 pm

bobcarrington {l Wrote}:We should probably invoke this thread from time to time to keep ourselves humble.

what's this "we" shit, first post boy? you got momoney and teddy in your pocket?

Wow, you guys are kind of harsh here, no? My goal was not to piss people off.

By "we" I only meant those of us who thought BC would be pretty good this year -- or at least a lot better than they've shown. I don't know if you thought they would suck, but I didn't.

But I'll shut up.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:22 pm

I saw the real Bob Carrington score 25 in the MSG Garden in the first half when he was unstoppable.

Why we never went to him more in the second half haunts my life to this day.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm

bobcarrington {l Wrote}:
bobcarrington {l Wrote}:We should probably invoke this thread from time to time to keep ourselves humble.

what's this "we" shit, first post boy? you got momoney and teddy in your pocket?

Wow, you guys are kind of harsh here, no? My goal was not to piss people off.

By "we" I only meant those of us who thought BC would be pretty good this year -- or at least a lot better than they've shown. I don't know if you thought they would suck, but I didn't.

But I'll shut up.

Do not shut up. You ate crow, just like I had to. Ignore TRE, he is being a whiney bitch.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

the answer: saying that gene will open up the checkbook to hire a prestigious basketball coach based on gene's other tenured hires.

i'd like to reference out the case of chris crane vs. cesspool can't possibly be worse in pointing out that oj doesn't know what the hell he's talking about 99.9% of the time and frequently abondons previous arguments to fit his new fact patterns into new audiences

Douchebag - nobody has any fucking clue who Gene would interview for the hoops job. I don't claim to know his potential list of candidates. HJS does, because he has an agenda. I won't address your other comment, because it doesn't have anything to do with me.

oj - please do not belittle the intelligence of this board (any more than you already do through your posts) by claiming to not be the person who posts as eagledomino12 on ea and formerly posted as oj1969 on ei. your efforts at denying either of these facts is more pathetic than homojs hating on gene because he used to hump homojs's mom on parents weekend

i have never denied posting as Domino12
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

actually, yes you did. much like all your other "statements" this one is proven wrong with quotes you've previously made. i'm interested in how you weasel out of this one, oj

hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

actually, yes you did. much like all your other "statements" this one is proven wrong with quotes you've previously made. i'm interested in how you weasel out of this one, oj

you changed your tune later (when you were presented with the undeniable fact that you post from the same ip address as eagledomino12). i'd like to suggest that you change your tune as it relates to the whole oj thing (unless you'd like to be proven wrong and a liar yet again)

that was in response to "OJ" comments. I have been very clear about posting as Domino on EA.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

you changed your tune later (when you were presented with the undeniable fact that you post from the same ip address as eagledomino12). i'd like to suggest that you change your tune as it relates to the whole oj thing (unless you'd like to be proven wrong and a liar yet again)

that was in response to "OJ" comments. I have been very clear about posting as Domino on EA.

Have you ever considered politics?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

i figured you would see it that way. interstingly enough, a few posts above the one previously quoted... talon accused you of being both eagledomino12 AND oj. your response would be read by many as if you were denying both (you know, since you said "I do not post as a different name on another board" - which would include eagledomino12... since its a different name on a different board)

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Where did this fucking retard get the idea that being unhappy with a loss = quitting on the team? :dildodog

pinhead congratulated VT for beating us before Matt Ryan came back. Domino has some sort of mission against anybody ever saying anything bad about BC ever since.

But wait....I thought I was OJ?

you being Domino12 on EA and you being OJ1969 on EI are not mutually exclusive.

I am EVERYONE! CONSPIRACY AGAINST TALON!!!!

listen, oj... we have ip address that confirm you as both. it's time to stop the charade and embrace your inner oj just like you (allegedly) embraced your inner domino12.

no you don't.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:34 am

can you confirm again that you registered as "eagledom" on EI, only read the recruiting articles, never really posted that much, and you were not only banned from EI (even though you never posted that much), but you were deleted from the entire scout.com network?

because that really doesn't seem that believable. and if you're lying about that, why should anybody believe anything else you say?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 am

Eagledom was exposed as OJ on many occasions, however, the most telling was on a thread where Eagledom called out Teddy about Teddy's views on Sanders. It had never been discussed on EO only on EI where Teddy and OJ battled it out. I can find the exact thread but I am lazy.

The bottom line is that Eagledom is OJ and he sucks.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Eagledom was exposed as OJ on many occasions, however, the most telling was on a thread where Eagledom called out Teddy about Teddy's views on Sanders. It had never been discussed on EO only on EI where Teddy and OJ battled it out. I can find the exact thread but I am lazy.

I think if you look up a few posts in this very thread you will see that TWB calls Sanders a can't miss NBA player. So you might want to go back to the drawing board.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:49 am

I find it quite funny that the biggest asshole on EO will readily admit (now) to being the biggest asshole on EA, but he draws the line and denies being the biggest asshole on EI.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Eagledom was exposed as OJ on many occasions, however, the most telling was on a thread where Eagledom called out Teddy about Teddy's views on Sanders. It had never been discussed on EO only on EI where Teddy and OJ battled it out. I can find the exact thread but I am lazy.

I think if you look up a few posts in this very thread you will see that TWB calls Sanders a can't miss NBA player. So you might want to go back to the drawing board.

You are the King of Dicks. I wasn't trying to argue Sanders, I was referring to a post where you slipped up and proved that you are indeed OJ. I apologize because the post was regarding Raji and not Sanders. See for yourself (Please note that after Eagledom was called out, he conveniently disappeared to another thread):

Re: Boston College @ Michigan Game-Thread
by twballgame9 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Eagledom wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
EaglesTalon wrote:
BCEagle74 wrote:
RAJI with best game ever as an Eagle.

I think Raji's career high is 26.

Against who? Probably Marathon Oil.

Good win tonight. Makes up for one of the shit losses - they weren't expected to win this one.

Makes up for one shit loss, but not 2. Keep shitting on raji, though.

I don't need to shit on Raji. There are only 2-3 more weeks before he disappears for the year. That said, good free throw shooting to close out the game though - he clinched it with his 30% shooting at the line.

And if you aren't OJ, douche, you wouldn't know I "shat" on Raji. In truth, I shat on you for saying he was better than Sanders. I haven't passed judgment on his improvement this year - I watched my first 30 minutes of BC hoop tonight. He looked pretty good, other than the 30% FT shooting and the predictable pair of missed layups.

twballgame9
Cushing Hall

Private message
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:04 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You are the King of Dicks. I wasn't trying to argue Sanders, I was referring to a post where you slipped up and proved that you are indeed OJ. I apologize because the post was regarding Raji and not Sanders. See for yourself (Please note that after Eagledom was called out, he conveniently disappeared to another thread):

Eagledom wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
EaglesTalon wrote:
BCEagle74 wrote:

Good win tonight. Makes up for one of the shit losses - they weren't expected to win this one.

I don't need to shit on Raji. There are only 2-3 more weeks before he disappears for the year. That said, good free throw shooting to close out the game though - he clinched it with his 30% shooting at the line.

And if you aren't OJ, douche, you wouldn't know I "shat" on Raji. In truth, I shat on you for saying he was better than Sanders. I haven't passed judgment on his improvement this year - I watched my first 30 minutes of BC hoop tonight. He looked pretty good, other than the 30% FT shooting and the predictable pair of missed layups.

twballgame9
Cushing Hall

Private message

WTF are you talikng about? I called him out for criticizing a guy who had a good game and somehow that means I am OJ? What the fuck does this have to do with the other board? You are an idiot.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:08 am

can you tell us more about how you got banned from EI and deleted from the entire scout.com network?

you have to admit, that for someone who claimed to just read the articles and never really posted that much, it's kind of hard to believe that you'd be banned from EI, even though you never posted that much. And it's even harder to believe that you were deleted from the entire scout.com network and can't even post on any of the other hundred college teams' message board.

Your continued evasion of this makes you look more and more like a liar.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Eagledom wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
EaglesTalon wrote:
BCEagle74 wrote:

twballgame9
Cushing Hall

Private message

WTF are you talikng about? I called him out for criticizing a guy who had a good game and somehow that means I am OJ? What the fuck does this have to do with the other board? You are an idiot.

The problem with that is that Teddy hadn't mentioned word one about Raji throughout the entire thread. You brought up the "shitting on Raji" because you, OJ, and Teddy used to argue about that on Scout all the time. You are a dumbass.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Eagledom wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
EaglesTalon wrote:
BCEagle74 wrote:

twballgame9
Cushing Hall

Private message

The problem with that is that Teddy hadn't mentioned word one about Raji throughout the entire thread. You brought up the "shitting on Raji" because you, OJ, and Teddy used to argue about that on Scout all the time. You are a dumbass.

Yes he did. He was the one that mentioned Marathon Oil.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:25 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:can you tell us more about how you got banned from EI and deleted from the entire scout.com network?

you have to admit, that for someone who claimed to just read the articles and never really posted that much, it's kind of hard to believe that you'd be banned from EI, even though you never posted that much. And it's even harder to believe that you were deleted from the entire scout.com network and can't even post on any of the other hundred college teams' message board.

no comment?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm

I thought so.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:38 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:can you tell us more about how you got banned from EI and deleted from the entire scout.com network?

no comment?

Hard to comment since his pants have caught on fire! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Deceiver, dissembler
Your trousers are alight
From what pole or gallows
Shall they dangle in the night?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall