Kevin Noreen

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Kevin Noreen

Postby NJM89 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:58 pm

I think it was already mentioned but he was gatorade player of the year in Minnesota.

http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/assets/writable/press/2009-10_BK_KNoreen.pdf
NJM89
Campion Hall

Re: Kevin Noreen

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:13 pm

nobody cares if there is anything close to resembling good news surrounding any aspect of the basketball team.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:16 pm

I hope it means good things - I think with Noreen and Heslip we could have two very good players, and at least with Noreen we'll have some size. I don't know much about "Big" Papa Samba Ndao.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I hope it means good things - I think with Noreen and Heslip we could have two very good players, and at least with Noreen we'll have some size. I don't know much about "Big" Papa Samba Ndao.

ESPN lists him as 6'10" 190 lbs. At that size I can't imagine he is going to be much of an inside force for a while. I wonder if he is a true PF/Center or more of a shooter. That is just incredibly skinny. By way of comparison, Josh Southern is 250.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I hope it means good things - I think with Noreen and Heslip we could have two very good players, and at least with Noreen we'll have some size. I don't know much about "Big" Papa Samba Ndao.

ESPN lists him as 6'10" 190 lbs. At that size I can't imagine he is going to be much of an inside force for a while. I wonder if he is a true PF/Center or more of a shooter. That is just incredibly skinny. By way of comparison, Josh Southern is 250.

By all accounts, he is more of a shooter. Not to say he is in any way this good, but think Dirk Nowitski.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Josh Southern is also a lardass. If Ndao is a legit 6'9/6'10, he just needs to get to the 215-220 range.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

By all accounts, he is more of a shooter. Not to say he is in any way this good, but think Dirk Nowitski.

Are you saying that Noreen is going to be as good as Dirk?!?! <OJ>
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:43 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I am sure that after Noreen doesn't play well, that quote will come back to haunt me. OJ will probably tell me that I swore he would be as good as Josh Southern.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:46 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Josh Southern is also a lardass. If Ndao is a legit 6'9/6'10, he just needs to get to the 215-220 range.

I thought we were talking about Noreen. Nobody projects Ndao as a post. He's a small forward project. If he plays 4, it will be based on need and height. Think Aminu, or probably more his skill level (and less exposure for the inevitable misquote) Akida McClain.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:51 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I was talking about Noreen. Southern may be a lardass, but if skeletor was 6'10" he would weigh more than 190.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:51 pm

I thought I saw/heard Big Papa was amazing athletically but raw basketball wise. That could be a shot blocker type, at 6-9 and athletic.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I am sure that after Noreen doesn't play well, that quote will come back to haunt me. OJ will probably tell me that I swore he would be as good as Josh Southern.

Not my fault that you made stupid statements about how great Sanders and Southern would be and then had to pretend you never made them when it was obvious you were wrong. I have never attributed anything you haven't said to you....
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:57 pm

There is no way Noreen only weighs 190 pounds from the pictures I've seen of him. I doubt the weight listed is accurate.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:I have never attributed anything you haven't said to you....

just testing to see if I can still post after this incredibly steaming pile of bullshit. Statements like this can cause the internet to collapse into itself.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Not my fault that you made stupid statements about how great Sanders and Southern would be and then had to pretend you never made them when it was obvious you were wrong. I have never attributed anything you haven't said to you....

This made my day.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Ndao is at least 2 years away from contributing anything other than the occasional high five on the bench at media timeouts. He's unbelievably athletic (think :seanwilliams ) but lacks the developed basketball skills to be effective right now (I believe he's only been playing organized ball for 3 years).

Noreen is a shooter, not a post guy, and is another player from the Trapani/Roche/Oates mold. He'll be effective but not right away, but certainly sooner than Ndao.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:48 pm

If Ndao doesn't pan out, Al stinks as a recruiter.
If Ndao pans out, Al got lucky and still stinks as a recruiter.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Yahoo lists Noreen at 6-10 / 217. Not huge but not rail thin either. From what I've read, he's more of a big wing than post player. Hopefully he's not another Trapani because this team desperately needs a big guy. As much as I hate Duke's forwards, he might fit into that category and that wouldn't be a bad thing.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Noreen's game could end up being like that of Kevin Durant. (NOT SAYING THAT KEVIN NOREEN'S SKILLS ARE COMPARABLE TO KEVIN DURANT!) As in he is a small forward type offensive player, but he is big enough to defend/ be a PF or college center.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:nobody cares if there is anything close to resembling good news surrounding any aspect of the basketball team.

Do you mean semi fan?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Noreen is the next Nowitzki/Kevin Durant, I think.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:32 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Noreen's game could end up being like that of Kevin Durant. (NOT SAYING THAT KEVIN NOREEN'S SKILLS ARE COMPARABLE TO KEVIN DURANT!) As in he is a small forward type offensive player, but he is big enough to defend/ be a PF or college center.

"Dude, so you are saying he is going to be as good as Kevin Durant and that he is leaving early?" - OJ
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Noreen's game could end up being like that of Kevin Durant. (NOT SAYING THAT KEVIN NOREEN'S SKILLS ARE COMPARABLE TO KEVIN DURANT!) As in he is a small forward type offensive player, but he is big enough to defend/ be a PF or college center.

"Dude, so you are saying he is going to be as good as Kevin Durant and that he is leaving early?" - OJ

Yes, because you never said Sanders would be first team All-ACC this year. Your constant backpedaling is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yes, because you never said Sanders would be first team All-ACC this year. Your constant backpedaling is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Exactly. I said "he has first team All-ACC talent", which he does. I have never denied that he is a head case.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Exactly. I said "he has first team All-ACC talent", which he does. I have never denied that he is a head case.

You also said he would be first team All ACC, but keep trying to couch the statement now....just like you did with Tuggle.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Tuggle, isn't that the player it's perfectly fine to call a bust in the spring of his redshirt freshman year?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You also said he would be first team All ACC, but keep trying to couch the statement now....just like you did with Tuggle.

What was that you said about not misquoting people? Well here you go.

And I never changed my opinion on Tuggle. BC should have run the spread with Tuggle at starter. Still think that. We'll see where he ends up next year, as he follows the soon to be starter at Auburn to Junior College.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

And I never changed my opinion on Tuggle. BC should have run the spread with Tuggle at starter. Still think that. We'll see where he ends up next year, as he follows the soon to be starter at Auburn to Junior College.

This is the second time I've seen you say this...as if the guy he is following has any bearing on Tuggle's ability. I've seen tuggle throw and he will never be a good QB in any offense.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is the second time I've seen you say this...as if the guy he is following has any bearing on Tuggle's ability. I've seen tuggle throw and he will never be a good QB in any offense.

Bingo. So our opinion is wrong because your is right. Fucking brilliant.

You are the heir of Socrates, genius.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bingo. So our opinion is wrong because your is right. Fucking brilliant.

You are the heir of Socrates, genius.

Kind of like you thinking Roy Williams is a great coach. I guarantee you OJ isn't the only one who thinks Tuggle will never be a good quarterback. In fact, the majority of people who have seen him play probably agree with him.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum