ALSLEEP MY LITTLE SKINNER ALSLEEP....ZZZZZ!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

ALSLEEP MY LITTLE SKINNER ALSLEEP....ZZZZZ!

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 am

Courtesy of the 74 SPY NETWORK OF SOURCES:

This is a list of Top Mass Prospects since 2002. Interesting stuff and to think that Al grabbed only one of these guys and that was the great Steve Hailey who finally transferred to Iona.

Torin Francis- 2002 and signed with Notre Dame. Francis struggled with back injuries and ended up averaging 11ppg and 8rpg. Ranked 3rd at his position by Rivals. Boston, MA native. His stormy relationship with Jermaine Watson was rumored as the reason Francis didn't end up at BC.

Rashid Al Kaleem- 2002 and signed with Florida. Kaleem had a reputation for being a deadly shooter as a 6-3 guard. Kaleem ended up transferring to a D-2 school, American International. Played at Charlestown HS and was not ranked by Rivals.

Mike Jones- 2003 Dorchester native played in the McDonald's All American Game. Averaged 9.3ppg at Maryland and was a deadly shooter at 41.0% for his career from beyond the arc at 6-5. Ranked 20th Nationally by Rivals.

Courtney Sims- Ranked 36th Nationally by Rivals. Sims at 6-10 signed with Michigan and ended up averaging 10ppg and 5rpg for his career. Originally from Roslindale, MA. BC offer.

Dwight Brewington- A native of Lynn, MA, Brewington played guard at 6-5. Played for two years at Providence before transferring. He averaged 9ppg and was ranked 51st Nationally by Rivals. Class of 2003.

Will Blalock- 6-0 guard and is a native of Boston, MA. Not sure if Blalock was offered by BC, but he averaged 11ppg and 5apg while playing three years Iowa State. Ranked 74th Nationally by Rivals. Class of 2003.

Scott Hazelton- Sommerville, Mass native was a McDonald's All American and started his career at UCONN and struggled. Hazelton transferred to URI. Class of 2003. Did BC offer?

Steve Hailey- Boston, Mass. Played 2 years at BC before transferring to Iona. Averaged 4.1ppg and 2.7apg as a 6-0 PG. Class of 2003 and not ranked by Rivals.

Jeff Adrien- Adrien was a tough 6-7 forward from Brookline, Mass. Averaged 12ppg and 8rpg at UCONN. Class of 2005 and ranked 41st Nationally by Rivals. BC offer.

Kendric Price- Class of 2005. 6-7 forward Signed with Michigan and ranked 126th Nationally by Rivals. Transferred from Michigan to Delaware and never stepped foot on the courty again. Many questioned if his heart was ever into basketball. Not sure if he was offered by BC.

Antonio Anderson- 6-5 Lynn, MA native was ranked 65th Nationally by Rivals. Averaged 8ppg and 4rpg as a SG for Memphis. Class of 2005. BC offer.

Anthony Gurley- 6-3 SG is from Newton, MA. Signed with Wake Forest in 2006 and is now at UMASS. Was ranked 79th by Rivals in the Class of 2006. BC offer.

Troy Gillenwater- Native of Boston, MA. Plays at New Mexico State and is 6-8, 230lb PF. Is a sophomore and has career averages of 12ppg and 8rpg. Was Gillenwater ever offered by BC? Believe his academics were very questionable. Class of 2007. Ranked 78th Nationally by Rivals.

Erik Murphy- Class of 2009 and the son of Jay Murphy. At 6-9, Murphy just completed his frosh year at Florida and averaged 3.4ppg and 2.3rpg. Ranked 79th Nationally by Rivals. BC offer.

Blake McLimans- 6-10 Mass native signed with Michigan for the Class of 2009. Redshirted at Michigan and was not ranked Nationally. BC offer.

Alex Oriakhi- 6-9 Lowell, Mass native signed with UCONN as a McDonald's All American and ranked 21st Nationally by Rivals. Averaged 4ppg and 6rpg as a frosh. Did BC offer?

Jamal McCoombs-McDaniel- Class of 2009 and ranked 50th Nationall by Rivals. Currently playing at UCONN as 6-7 SF. Did BC offer?

Evan Smotrycz- This Mass native is ranked 52nd Nationally by Rivals for the Class of 2010 and has signed to play with Michigan.

Carson DesRosiers- 6-10 Center from Mass signed with Wake Forest for the Class of 2010. Has been discussed plenty of times on this board. Ranked 87th by Rivals. Didn't have a BC offer.

Gerard Coleman- 6-4 guard 2010 Guard from Mass. Ranked 50th by Rivals and signed with Providence. BC offer.

Shabazz Napier- Class of 2011. BC hasn't offered and is a native of Groton, Mass. Supposedly, Napier is blowing up and has been offered by UMASS and Providence. Ranked 60th Nationally by ESPN.

Nadir Tharpe- 2011 PG and ranked 80th Nationally by Rivals. Has signed with Providence. BC offer.DaveSpeed
n00b

Present BC Class:

3 Rastafarian Bong Weed Smoking Dopeheads who could not spell flex if you spotted them the fle.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: ALSLEEP MY LITTLE SKINNER ALSLEEP....ZZZZZ!

Postby Dirtywater on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 am

Its pathetic. And to have an AD that will accept it for a major revenue/publicity sport is even worse. Make Jerry York AD.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:23 am

Al's local recruiting sucks. But looking at this list--wow--most of these guys ended up being bums.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Al's local recruiting sucks. But looking at this list--wow--most of these guys ended up being bums.

and our present group of Rastafarians are what?

The latest group is not bums?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 am

Is this list supposed to be IN FAVOR of recruiting players from Massachusetts? Adrien is the only one on that list that I would consider to be a loss. (Jury's out on Oriakhi and Murphy.)

In fact, if you put all of these players (9 years worth!) on the same team,I'm not sure make it to the second weekend of the tournament.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:06 pm

With Skinner at the helm? You could put LeBron & Kobe on the same team and they might not make the second weekend. TIGHT FLEX LEBRON!!!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:With Skinner at the helm? You could put LeBron & Kobe on the same team and they might not make the second weekend. TIGHT FLEX LEBRON!!!

:whammy
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:22 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Al's local recruiting sucks. But looking at this list--wow--most of these guys ended up being bums.

I am not sure I would go so far as to say "bums", but there are no Craig Smiths, Troy Bells, Ty Rices, Jared Dudleys or *** ******* on there. For that matter, there aren't a hell of a lot of Joe Trapanis or Reggie Jacksons either. Spare parts.

That's because Massachusetts basketball, other that imported prep kids, sucks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I am not sure I would go so far as to say "bums", but there are no Craig Smiths, Troy Bells, Ty Rices, Jared Dudleys or *** ******* on there. For that matter, there aren't a hell of a lot of Joe Trapanis or Reggie Jacksons either. Spare parts.

Bingo. Massachusetts sports fans have this stupid fixation over "local boys", which is why Lou Merloni was so popular even though he fucking sucked. I could care less where the talent comes from as long as it comes from somewhere. As Ballgame pointed out, it's not like we're missing out on much.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:27 pm

We missed out on Adrian and possibly Courtney Sims though you have to remember his spot was taken by someone named Dudley. Not sure anyone on this board would make that trade.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:31 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Bingo. Massachusetts sports fans have this stupid fixation over "local boys", which is why Lou Merloni was so popular even though he fucking sucked. I could care less where the talent comes from as long as it comes from somewhere. As Ballgame pointed out, it's not like we're missing out on much.

Lou was also popular because he was Nomar's fluffer. :dildodog
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:Is this list supposed to be IN FAVOR of recruiting players from Massachusetts? Adrien is the only one on that list that I would consider to be a loss. (Jury's out on Oriakhi and Murphy.)

In fact, if you put all of these players (9 years worth!) on the same team,I'm not sure make it to the second weekend of the tournament.

Agreed, although I wouldn't have minded adding Torin Francis to the Smith/Dudley/Marshall/Hinnant squad. When healthy, we would've been good when Smith needed a break.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Jared Dudley was from California.
Craig Smith was from California.
*** ******* was from Texas.
Tyrese Rice was from North Carolina.
Troy Bell was from Minnesota.
Reggie Jackson is from Colorado.

Looks like our out-of-state recruiting has been fairly successful. The only Massachusetts prospects that got away that were actually any good were Gurley, Anderson, Adrien, Blalock, and that New Mexico kid. So, this fine list you put together really actually supports Al Skinner. And as for our up-coming class, I actually like them. You can't knock 'em before they take the court.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:10 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Jared Dudley was from California.
Tyrese Rice was from North Carolina Virginia.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Jared Dudley was from California.
Tyrese Rice was from North Carolina Virginia.

Good catch.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum