VaTech left out again!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

VaTech left out again!

Postby EagleDave on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Life is fantastic.

Stop scheduling garbage non-conference!
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: VaTech left out again!

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:07 pm

See Lunardis Bracket thread above...WF may win in the tourney, but VT was fucked.

Seth is classy.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Actually I think their loss to BC hurt them more than anything else. :bag
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:07 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Life is fantastic.

Stop scheduling garbage non-conference!

23-8 (10-6) and 3rd in the ACC...never thought I'd see the day this would not be good enough for the tournament.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:30 pm

The ACC blows this season. Also, when you have the 339th OOC schedule, you don't deserve to make the NCAA Tournament.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Major snub. I don't care if their OOC was weak, they still finished 3rd and had 10 ACC wins. 23 wins means NCAA's for a team of one of the major 6 conferences.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Major snub. I don't care if their OOC was weak, they still finished 3rd and had 10 ACC wins. 23 wins means NCAA's for a team of one of the major 6 conferences.

Completely disagree. The ACC blows this season and VT did absoluting nothing OOC. If your best wins are Wake, Clemson and Seton Hall, you should be out of the Tournament.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The ACC blows this season.

Yet half the conference is in the big dance. Pac-10 only got 2 in.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Major snub. I don't care if their OOC was weak, they still finished 3rd and had 10 ACC wins. 23 wins means NCAA's for a team of one of the major 6 conferences.

Completely disagree. The ACC blows this season and VT did absoluting nothing OOC. If your best wins are Wake, Clemson and Seton Hall, you should be out of the Tournament.

Funny you should mention Clemson and Wake Forest. Because they both lost to Virginia Tech and finished below them in the ACC. And even the 7-9 Georgia Tech made it. But not 10-6 Virginia Tech with 23 wins? I'm stumped.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:49 pm

The Pac-10 should be counting their lucky stars about "East Coast bias." Otherwise, how sucky their conference is would be leading SportsCenter every night. Also, with Hummel out I can't imagine the Big 10 will do anything in the tourney outside Ohio St.

Wake is too high. They've completely imploded down the stretch. But Vitale is a dope for saying they shouldn't be in.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Duke got a joke of a draw. Somehow the weakest 1 seed (by far) got the easiest bracket. No challenger until the round of 8.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BC '00 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Duke got a joke of a draw. Somehow the weakest 1 seed (by far) got the easiest bracket. No challenger until the round of 8.

I just don't get why Duke is the favored child of all the networks and the NCAA? Is it because they play so many goofy white guys?

Duke could easily lose to Louisville in the second round, but they got by far the weakest 4/5 in their region...Purdue and Texas A&M? If Duke beats Louisville, they'll make it to the Elite 8. At that point I think Nova will beat them if they've made it that far. But the rest of that region has little to no chance of beating them there. Baylor? Notre Dame? Richmond? None of those teams will make the Final Four. Terrible.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:16 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Duke got a joke of a draw. Somehow the weakest 1 seed (by far) got the easiest bracket. No challenger until the round of 8.

I just don't get why Duke is the favored child of all the networks and the NCAA? Is it because they play so many goofy white guys?

Duke could easily lose to Louisville in the second round, but they got by far the weakest 4/5 in their region...Purdue and Texas A&M? If Duke beats Louisville, they'll make it to the Elite 8. At that point I think Nova will beat them if they've made it that far. But the rest of that region has little to no chance of beating them there. Baylor? Notre Dame? Richmond? None of those teams will make the Final Four. Terrible.

Baylor's really good. Cal will beat Louisville behind Randle and Robertson. Texas A&M is a dangerous team and Villanova can play.

That bracket doesn't look as easy as you think. I wouldn't pick this in a bracket, but wouldn't be shocked at all to see Cal beat Duke in the 2nd round. This is provided the Cal v. Louisville game is not a Noon or 2 pm game on the East Coast in Jacksonville. If Cal has to play in the afternoon, I'll take Louisville.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 am

I really don't understand how VTech didn't get in.

23 wins and you're 3rd in the ACC means you get in. Their out-of-conference schedule was garbage, but it's not like they intentionally mailed it in. They played:

Temple, Penn State, Seton Hall, Georgia, and at Iowa.

They really couldn't help it that it turned out that most of those teams sucked this year. That's 4 OOC games vs. BCS conference schools. By my count that's one more than we played.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I really don't understand how VTech didn't get in.

23 wins and you're 3rd in the ACC means you get in. Their out-of-conference schedule was garbage, but it's not like they intentionally mailed it in. They played:

They really couldn't help it that it turned out that most of those teams sucked this year. That's 4 OOC games vs. BCS conference schools. By my count that's one more than we played.

Penn State, Seton Hall, Georgia, and Iowa are never good at basketball. VTech knew exactly what they were doing with that scheduling. They got lucky that Temple actually turned out to be good this year.

Virginia Tech this year was exactly like BC in Troy Bell's senior season - Weak OOC schedule, 10 wins in a shitty conference, and a meltdown late in the season. All they had to do was beat a shitty Miami team and they're in.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Is there an echo in here?

But really, this arguement is flawless.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:

Baylor's really good. Cal will beat Louisville behind Randle and Robertson. Texas A&M is a dangerous team and Villanova can play.

That bracket doesn't look as easy as you think. I wouldn't pick this in a bracket, but wouldn't be shocked at all to see Cal beat Duke in the 2nd round. This is provided the Cal v. Louisville game is not a Noon or 2 pm game on the East Coast in Jacksonville. If Cal has to play in the afternoon, I'll take Louisville.

Agree with you on Baylor, but can't agree on Cal. I think they are better than Nova and Nova is not bad. A&M is also a good team. Cal is no that great and neither is Louisville, but all of the 8/9 draws for the one seedsare a joke. That's the reward for you know, being a #1 seed. Nova and Baylor are a very good 2 and 3. Who is really challenging any of the ones until the round of 8? They all have a joke in round 1. KU gets Nothern Iowa/Unlvs then likely Mich St or MD. Cuse gets FSU/Zags then Butler Vandy. Kentucky gets Wake/Texas then Wisconsin Temple. Does that sound to rough for any of them. A&M to get to the 8 is the toughest draw in my opinion.

I don't think anyone did Duke any favors here, at least not any more than the other #1s.

The excessive Big East love was what I thought was ridiculous. I heard Greg Anthony and Seth Green acting shocked that Duke was the 3rd #1 over Cuse. Cuse lost the first game of their conference tourney and lost their last game of the season. I don't care if the ACC is having a down year, Duke won 3 in a row and earned their #1 seed. Now of course they have to do something with it, but that's another story.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:38 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Is there an echo in here?

But really, this arguement is flawless.

VT should have been in I agree, but they have no one to blame but themselves losing day one of the tourney. They had a terrible strength of schedule and while you are right they scheduled some non conference games against BCS conference teams, but Penn St, Seton Hall, Georgia and Iowa are perenially at the bottom of their conferences. Just saying. Plus VT had the "bad loss" to BC, which ironically may have made the difference.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum