ATL's Blog

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

ATL's Blog

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Who is Harry Collins on there? You make the most retarded and worst arguments I've ever seen. Here is how one went:

Al Skinner is a good coach because he's better than Frank Haith, Paul Hewitt and Seth Greenberg?

Whoever that it needs to go back to high school, and take a logic class.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: ATL's Blog

Postby Eagledom on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Who is Harry Collins on there? You make the most retarded and worst arguments I've ever seen. Here is how one went:

Al Skinner is a good coach because he's better than Frank Haith, Paul Hewitt and Seth Greenberg?

He also said that Al's record of performance in the post-season was based on a "small sample size"
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Yeah I was going to post "I wish there was an ignore button on blogs", he said our peers are: Seton Hall & PC.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Yeah I was going to post "I wish there was an ignore button on blogs", he said our peers are: Seton Hall & PC.

The equals the ridiculousness of comparing Al Skinner to Frank Haith, Paul Hewitt and Seth Greenberg. All three of those guys should no longer be employed. If that's the level we're comparing Skinner to, that's just bad.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby screagle on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:21 pm

:74
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Greenberg is a decent coach. I hope he leaves and VT basketball goes back to being VT basketball.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Seth Greenberg at VT (and they always play an awful OOC Schedule just for reference of why his record looks decent overall:

130-92. 48-48 in the Big East/ACC.
0 conference Titles
Best Result: The NCAA 2nd Round (Only made it to the NCAA's Once/Twice if you count this year)

So 2 NCAA appearances in 7 years and a .500 record in the Big East/ACC.

That's not really a sparkling resume, and they're taking a First Round digger this season also. Greenberg is going to wear out his welcome at VT the same way Al is at BC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Seth Greenberg at VT (and they always play an awful OOC Schedule just for reference of why his record looks decent overall:

130-92. 48-48 in the Big East/ACC.
0 conference Titles
Best Result: The NCAA 2nd Round (Only made it to the NCAA's Once/Twice if you count this year)

So 2 NCAA appearances in 7 years and a .500 record in the Big East/ACC.

That's not really a sparkling resume, and they're taking a First Round digger this season also. Greenberg is going to wear out his welcome at VT the same way Al is at BC.

But it's at VT. That's like going .500 at Temple. I don't think that Greenberg is an amazing coach, but I think he's pretty good. He's building a program from scratch.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Who is Harry Collins on there? You make the most retarded and worst arguments I've ever seen. Here is how one went:

He also said that Al's record of performance in the post-season was based on a "small sample size"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Here's another brilliant piece of literature from Harry Collins.

"You guys don't like Skinner's style, you're bored with it. You guys are spoiled, you've tasted all this succes and you want more. I get that. But I don't agree. Skinner has had exactly 2 disappointing seasosn for me in his entire career at BC (this year and the 2002-2003 season). Every other year he has either met expectations or exceeded them. That's my definition of a good coach, and unless and until this becomes a pattern, I'm not changing my position."

If you set the bar at about 15 wins a season or whatever the national media says about BC, you'd be happy. Exceeding those expectations by a couple games is mediocrity my friend.

For example, everyone can agree our football season was meh. We exceeded expections, but it left all of us wanting more. It's the exact same with Al.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum