Wow, Al made $2.2 mil last year

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Wow, Al made $2.2 mil last year

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:30 am

How about a refund coach.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Re: Wow, Al made $2.2 mil last year

Postby Logitano on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:53 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:How about a refund coach.

Ummm, he coached a team that won the big east title in 2001, what more do you want from him? Some people are just never going to be satisfied no matter how little Al does around here! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:40 am

I was mistaken, the $2.2 mil was for '07-'08. We must have won the NC that year. How did Roy Williams do in '07-'08?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:35 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:It was 3 days later!

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3898

You'll have to excuse me if I don't open threads titled "Disgustiad". Sorry.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby gaelfu on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Does anyone else find it amusing that our basketball coach who hasn't delivered an NCAA tourney win in 4 years is paid at around twice the salary as our football coach is?
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:47 pm

gaelfu {l Wrote}:Does anyone else find it amusing that our basketball coach who hasn't delivered an NCAA tourney win in 4 years is paid at around twice the salary as our football coach is?

Especially since the football team is you know, going in a forward direction with 2 trips to the ACCG in the last 3 seasons and we missed it by a game last season after being predicted not to win a single ACC game. Three of our athletic programs are trending upwards, (football, hockey and actually baseball), one is headed in the wrong direction.

If Spaz seals the deal this year by winning the ACCG and gets us to the BCS, something is going to have to change.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
gaelfu {l Wrote}:Does anyone else find it amusing that our basketball coach who hasn't delivered an NCAA tourney win in 4 years is paid at around twice the salary as our football coach is?

Especially since the football team is you know, going in a forward direction with 2 trips to the ACCG in the last 3 seasons and we missed it by a game last season after being predicted not to win a single ACC game. Three of our athletic programs are trending upwards, (football, hockey and actually baseball), one is headed in the wrong direction.

If Spaz seals the deal this year by winning the ACCG and gets us to the BCS, something is going to have to change.

I can guarantee you that :spaz3 who only donated $200 to the Herzlich fund is not taking us to a BCS game. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:25 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I can guarantee you that :spaz3 who only donated $200 to the Herzlich fund is not taking us to a BCS game. :ace

i see a good number of basketball-like expectations being established for a team that doesn't know if it has a player with skills at quarterbackmanship

Unless the winner of the ACC championship game in football now gets a lifetime supply of cookies and redsox hats I just do not see :spaz2 having the motivation or ability to get us past a 3rd tier bowl game. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:26 pm

BC football is "trending upward"? Remains to be seen. I hope you are right.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC football is "trending upward"? Remains to be seen. I hope you are right.

2 of out 3 years in the ACCG is a whole lot better than where TOB left us. We had a solid year last year without a QB. I still think trending upwards is fair.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC football is "trending upward"? Remains to be seen. I hope you are right.

2 of out 3 years in the ACCG is a whole lot better than where TOB left us. We had a solid year last year without a QB. I still think trending upwards is fair.

Different coach. I hope he turns out to be as good as the last one.

BC played 5 good teams last year and 8 terrible ones.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We're going to play 9 terrible teams, 1 decent one (ND) and 3 good ones (VT, @ FSU, Clemson). The ACC isn't a very good conference in football when I last checked.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We're going to play 9 terrible teams, 1 decent one (ND) and 3 good ones (VT, @ FSU, Clemson). The ACC isn't a very good conference in football when I last checked.

I'm not sure I'd be so quick to throw Clemson into that category until we see them actually step onto the field. The defense will be good, but they're replacing an awful lot of firepower and maybe more if Parker decides to puss out and play baseball.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum