Big East

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Big East

Postby cremins on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:06 am

sorry to bring this up to everyone, i know that we have made a decent amount of money on our
move from the big east but is there anyway that we would go back to the big east at all.
it is really hard to watch and go to the big east tourney and see the emotion and all the fans
from the local and not local schools around the city at the bars and the game and realize
that we are not apart of it anymore. even the first round games are more exciting than
any games in the greensboro with half the crowd for duke and the other half the crowd for
UNC. sorry to bring up old things but being from ny, i miss the rivalary and the atmosphere
of the big east. i could be the minority though
cremins
Carney Hall

Re: Big East

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:07 am

cremins {l Wrote}:sorry to bring this up to everyone, i know that we have made a decent amount of money on our
move from the big east but is there anyway that we would go back to the big east at all.

Let me see what I can do.

No promises, but even me asking means you owe me big, understood?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am

If you kick Rutgers, UConn and West Virginia out of the Big East, we'll be glad to reconsider. Until then, no thanks. I can live with Pitt and the rest of the teams.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:46 am

Jesus, it's been something like 1,900 days since BC left the BE. STFU already.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 am

I miss Big East Basketball.

There, I said it.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:25 pm

cremins {l Wrote}:sorry to bring this up to everyone, i know that we have made a decent amount of money on our
it is really hard to watch and go to the big east tourney and see the emotion and all the fans
from the local and not local schools around the city at the bars and the game and realize
that we are not apart of it anymore. even the first round games are more exciting than
any games in the greensboro with half the crowd for duke and the other half the crowd for
UNC. sorry to bring up old things but being from ny, i miss the rivalary and the atmosphere
of the big east. i could be the minority though

who's "we?"
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 pm

I remember the last time BC was in the Big East Tournie as if it was only 5 years ago. The "GREAT" Al Skinner leading the big east regular season champs into the quarters against the 8th seed WVU only to get blown out. Not a lot of great coaches get blown out as a 1 seed but Al did it. Yup Al did it. He is a "GREAT" coach. Of course it was a bad matchup for BC. No coach has been the victim of more bad matchups then the "GREAT" coach of BC named Al Skinner. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMcG on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:I remember the last time BC was in the Big East Tournie as if it was only 5 years ago. The "GREAT" Al Skinner leading the big east regular season champs into the quarters against the 8th seed WVU only to get blown out. Not a lot of great coaches get blown out as a 1 seed but Al did it. Yup Al did it. He is a "GREAT" coach. Of course it was a bad matchup for BC. No coach has been the victim of more bad matchups then the "GREAT" coach of BC named Al Skinner. :ace

They lost by 6 to a team that went on to the Sweet 16.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:I remember the last time BC was in the Big East Tournie as if it was only 5 years ago. The "GREAT" Al Skinner leading the big east regular season champs into the quarters against the 8th seed WVU only to get blown out. Not a lot of great coaches get blown out as a 1 seed but Al did it. Yup Al did it. He is a "GREAT" coach. Of course it was a bad matchup for BC. No coach has been the victim of more bad matchups then the "GREAT" coach of BC named Al Skinner. :ace

They lost by 6 to a team that went on to the Sweet 16.

You clearly were not at the game. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:15 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I miss having a real basketball team.

There, I said it.

Fixed.

And I do miss BE basketball as well. But I miss having a basketball team in general more.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby cremins on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:29 pm

"Jesus, it's been something like 1,900 days since BC left the BE. STFU already"

its because the big east tournament is on right now and it brings back strong strong
memories. if you are really happy with the ACC tournament and a bunch of duke and
north carolina fans then good for you pedro. you are a better man than me.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:33 pm

cremins {l Wrote}:"Jesus, it's been something like 1,900 days since BC left the BE. STFU already"

its because the big east tournament is on right now and it brings back strong strong
memories.

b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is it true that the esb is lit up in brown in honor of the bet?

Racist.

:chewbanka
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Heights on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:17 am

I'm with you cremins, the BE tourney was awesome. Now we're in a soft, pansy hoop league with no connection whatsoever with other teams and playing in a tourney in some place named Greensboro wherever the hell that is with travelers more concerned with tee times.
"We have everyone on our 2010 schedule but the New England Patriots"

Frank Spaziani
Heights
n00b

Postby GlorytoBC on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:32 am

Heights {l Wrote}:I'm with you cremins, the BE tourney was awesome. Now we're in a soft, pansy hoop league with no connection whatsoever with other teams and playing in a tourney in some place named Greensboro wherever the hell that is with travelers more concerned with tee times.

Yeah ,what the hell is Greensboro? I mean it's only the home of the ACC...

Soft, pansy league? Maybe recently, but before that the ACC shat on the Big East. The Big East Tournament is one of the most over-rated things in all of sports and will never have the tradition of pretty much the ORIGINAL College Basketball Tournament. Sorry BC fans.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Postby cremins on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:46 am

glory to bc, where are you from, the south? we are a northeast school, dont need to be playing
in the middle of nowhere against a bunch of southern schools. should be a the garden playing
in a real tournament (actually im glad we arent in the big east this year because i would have
went to the first round game and been embarrased at our team) so at least it saved me having
to watch them.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am

cremins {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:53 am

GlorytoBC {l Wrote}:
Heights {l Wrote}:I'm with you cremins, the BE tourney was awesome. Now we're in a soft, pansy hoop league with no connection whatsoever with other teams and playing in a tourney in some place named Greensboro wherever the hell that is with travelers more concerned with tee times.

Yeah ,what the hell is Greensboro? I mean it's only the home of the ACC...

Soft, pansy league? Maybe recently, but before that the ACC shat on the Big East. The Big East Tournament is one of the most over-rated things in all of sports and will never have the tradition of pretty much the ORIGINAL College Basketball Tournament. Sorry BC fans.

the old big east tournament, before the league expanded to 50 teams, was the best college tournament there was. It was far from over-rated. The move to the ACC for football was necessary, but it was not good for BC basketball.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 am

:74

I bet if Bc had a assertive, high energy, go get-um, X's and O's highly trained basketball Head Coach by Bob Knight or Nolan Richardson......or had some X's and O's assistants that recruited like mad......and ditched that Alsleep Ronco "ETCH-A-TURNOVER" white plastic board after each timeout...... and a continuing stable fo 12 great kids half of whom are not Ratsafarian dope smokers and 6 big frontline men who could box out and rebound and had some size and muscle....... and 6 guards and swingmen and 2 who could play point and a renovated Conte and some fans.....well you wouldn't be saying that shit....

All roads of incompetence, malaise, laziness, stupidity, recruiting issues, bad coaching, tailgating issues, venue problems, scheduling boners except hockey, and the great death grasp of mediocrity that has infested in every corner of the building that houses the Yawkey Yokels ----except for the "Safe Room Bubble" and space where the humble genius and glowing aura of Jerry York reside----- all lead to the midget Mussolini....GDFuckup.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum