GDF: IT'S NOW TIME TO FIRE AL SKINNER AT END OF ACC TOURNEY!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

GDF: IT'S NOW TIME TO FIRE AL SKINNER AT END OF ACC TOURNEY!

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:40 pm

This horrible underachieving and lackluster program has so many issues and is so fucked up and you think---- BC is the hottest school in the world and all that talent in NE and America and we are in Boston and in the plush new BC environment and we have reject players like probation type of schools, except ours can't play or hustle.Al

Skinner, your time is up. It was up 3 years ago with recruiting issues.

Al Skinner has huge complex discipline issues now at BC and only a clean sweep and drug testing and loss of scholarship will solve them with GDF warning letters going out next week. This team is reject city.

BC needs to change our Men's Basketball Program Head Coach since its like watching an empty tomb of go through the motion players and the fans have deserted Conte and Al's magical Ronco "Etch-a-Turnover" plastic board has lost it inbounds magic.--after timeouts, no less!

Look at the schools in the NCAA Top 30 and BC is so far superior to them in so many ways and WTF has Al Skinner done in 4 years but destroy this program with Alsleep Barcolounger recruits and say,

"Well a certain type of kid has to want to come to BC?'

WTF is that?

Did you ask your wife to marry her from a Recruiting Catalog or did you date and woo her and tell her how great life would be??

WTF???

Ever watch ESPN you lazy prick on signing day?

These new kids want to be NBA stars in less than 3 years and want to be wooed and treated like Lebron and Al just flaps his gums about education and if you want to come her like BC is the end all of College basketball with ZERO Final Fours and no titles?

Yeah Al, for 4 years and more they have said fuck you and the kids you get are now such low talent and some are habitual malcontent potheads who refuse to hustle or paly with enthusiasm, and we look at Villanova and Gonzaga and others.

THE KIDS HATE THE FLEX TOO and they talk amongst each other in high school and only desperate or 3rd rate talent is comin here now.

BC is the greatest location and one Coach can make us a dominant national power in 3 years with a new system or fitting that talent to the recruits he gets? Al never did that and stuck with his juvenile flex crap!

Treat a burned out Al Skinner right and pay him off and his kids tuition and get a great young Coach who wants to recruit talent and win and win big!

I said it 4 years ago, and gave Al 2 years probation and wanted him fired before last year, but this team next year will be worse now and BC needs a recruiter Head Coach for 2011-2012 and beyond.

Sadly, Leahy -Hoo is too concerned with lighting the world and his own Athletic House is burning down, but Leahy is old and strange and GDF gave us 10 years of TOB, 4 more years of the new Spazoo cushion and punting from the opponents 32 and letting Al go on cruise control for years.

So many hungry young Coaches who can recruit---- and BC has the Medicare Part B Hit Squad and the AARP Golden Years Boys.

Do you know why kids love Joe Paterno aged 83? Joe Pa hustles and is so full of enthusiam, coaching life, loudness on the field during practice, and love of life that he has turned his DNA clock back with a brilliant mind over aging!

BC has 2 statues of frozen oatmeal in Topoo and Spazoo wearing matching BC logo snugglies and napping at Yawkey during the afternoon cookie break.

Al Skinner is NEVERGONNAGET It if he thinks sitting by the phone and watiing for the 7 UNC All Americans to come and want to play at BC and not go after them like fresh meat in a zoo to try and get them start at BC will get the job done.

BUH BYE ALSLEEP!

:74
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: GDF: IT'S NOW TIME TO FIRE AL SKINNER AT END OF ACC TOURNEY!

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:51 pm

This would make me so incredibly happy because I could get reasonably excited about BC Basketball again.

Unfortunately, since GDF is retarded, we're going to have to continue to suffer with Skinner's lackluster recruiting in the ACC and miserable in-game coaching. When I sit there and watch a BC Basketball game with friends, they just laugh at how bad of a coach Skinner is.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Can NC State please hire The Barcolounger away from us?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Do I want it to happen: Absolutely

Will it happen: Absolutely not
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:19 pm

There have been some performances this season that have just completely thrown me over the edge on this topic. Both FSU games were horrible in different ways. The game @ VT was pathetic and the NCST game was another example. Consistently losing close games = really bad coaching. I'm so sick and tired of Skinner, and it's really to the point where I don't want him to have another year at the school.

I never thought I'd say this, but it's getting to the point where for the long-term goals of BC Basketball, if it means getting rid of Skinner to lose 20 or so games next season, that might be best for the program. I'm not cheering for losses, don't misconstrue what I'm saying.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Sitting on the opposite side of the court from the bench @ a few games this year I have made it a point to watch him instead of the action during different points of the games. I see a different coach from even a few years ago. He himself seems to b either disgusted with his team, the school or who knows maybe himself. He really doesn’t have the fire and passion of even 2006. In all seriousness, I wonder what happened to him!!?? He has that old yeller…..please take me out back, just do everyone a favor and end it all look. That’s not the kind of coach we want to have here and not the type of guy that has demonstrated that he can lead or motivate his players. Wishful thinking that GDF would ever fire him, but unless he goes all incredible hulk, rips one of his eastern clothing suits and goes after gene and mutilates him at a staff meeting…..*just dream about that for a second*…..he’s here to stay until HE wants to go
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There have been some performances this season that have just completely thrown me over the edge on this topic. Both FSU games were horrible in different ways. The game @ VT was pathetic and the NCST game was another example. Consistently losing close games = really bad coaching. I'm so sick and tired of Skinner, and it's really to the point where I don't want him to have another year at the school.

I never thought I'd say this, but it's getting to the point where for the long-term goals of BC Basketball, if it means getting rid of Skinner to lose 20 or so games next season, that might be best for the program. I'm not cheering for losses, don't misconstrue what I'm saying.

I agree with you. It wouldn't be that much worse to lose 20 next year than it was losing 15 (and counting) this year. We have a bunch of seniors next year anyway so we are not going to have guys transfer as seniors and with a large recruiting class coming in it makes sense to let the next guy recruit them.

That said we all know GDF does not care and Al has a lifetime appointment.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:50 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Sitting on the opposite side of the court from the bench @ a few games this year I have made it a point to watch him instead of the action during different points of the games. I see a different coach from even a few years ago. He himself seems to b either disgusted with his team, the school or who knows maybe himself. He really doesn’t have the fire and passion of even 2006. In all seriousness, I wonder what happened to him!!?? He has that old yeller…..please take me out back, just do everyone a favor and end it all look. That’s not the kind of coach we want to have here and not the type of guy that has demonstrated that he can lead or motivate his players. Wishful thinking that GDF would ever fire him, but unless he goes all incredible hulk, rips one of his eastern clothing suits and goes after gene and mutilates him at a staff meeting…..*just dream about that for a second*…..he’s here to stay until HE wants to go

I don't buy that he doesn't care, because when Ravanel got hacked yesterday with about a minute left, Al absolutely flipped out on the sideline screaming at the ref. Al cares about his players and cares about the results, he just flat out sucks as an in-game coach. It's also his style to let his players work through the on the court problems so that later in the season they can figure it out for themselves instead of having to call TO's every 30 seconds. Al cares and is seemingly a good guy, he just blows at the whole coaching aspect of his job, which last time I checked is important.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't buy that he doesn't care, because when Ravanel got hacked yesterday with about a minute left, Al absolutely flipped out on the sideline screaming at the ref. Al cares about his players and cares about the results, he just flat out sucks as an in-game coach. It's also his style to let his players work through the on the court problems so that later in the season they can figure it out for themselves instead of having to call TO's every 30 seconds. Al cares and is seemingly a good guy, he just blows at the whole coaching aspect of his job, which last time I checked is important.

I agree for the most part, just want to expand a bit. As with most aspects of coaching, allowing your team to figure things out on their own is a strategy that can only work for certain teams. Obviously this team is not one of them. The major problem isn't Al's preference or tendency to coach this way because it can certainly be a great teaching tool. The problem lies in his inflexibility to abandon things that aren't working. I don't think it's too big an assumption that he recruits with his specific techniques in mind. However, he has no clue what to do when it's blatantly obvious that his long-standing techniques are either 1) not working in certain games or 2) not working with certain rosters. A good coach can adjust accordingly to give his team the best chance to win on a game-by-game or season-by-season basis; Al does not. This (obviously) leads to all types of problems.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Sitting on the opposite side of the court from the bench @ a few games this year I have made it a point to watch him instead of the action during different points of the games. I see a different coach from even a few years ago. He himself seems to b either disgusted with his team, the school or who knows maybe himself. He really doesn’t have the fire and passion of even 2006. In all seriousness, I wonder what happened to him!!?? He has that old yeller…..please take me out back, just do everyone a favor and end it all look. That’s not the kind of coach we want to have here and not the type of guy that has demonstrated that he can lead or motivate his players. Wishful thinking that GDF would ever fire him, but unless he goes all incredible hulk, rips one of his eastern clothing suits and goes after gene and mutilates him at a staff meeting…..*just dream about that for a second*…..he’s here to stay until HE wants to go

I don't buy that he doesn't care, because when Ravanel got hacked yesterday with about a minute left, Al absolutely flipped out on the sideline screaming at the ref. Al cares about his players and cares about the results, he just flat out sucks as an in-game coach. It's also his style to let his players work through the on the court problems so that later in the season they can figure it out for themselves instead of having to call TO's every 30 seconds. Al cares and is seemingly a good guy, he just blows at the whole coaching aspect of his job, which last time I checked is important.

I think he’s lost the passion for coaching and along with that he has lost his team. That’s why I say he doesn’t care because his job by definition to me not only is to coach (which I will agree his skills are questionable, and obviously he’s not one of the all time greats) he can’t seem to motivate his players or make any changes……the entrie team and staff are like zombies. Not to mention this team lacks that one special guy ( I’ll throw in names like Dudley, Bell…….dare I say Rice etc) We hoped that Sanders would develop into that guy, but he has and neither has anyone else on the roster. It should be the coaches job to figure out how to adapt to his squad and play to their strengths, not repeating the same old same old and all of us end up stuck in the same rut/ or going in circles in the same wheel
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:22 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't buy that he doesn't care, because when Ravanel got hacked yesterday with about a minute left, Al absolutely flipped out on the sideline screaming at the ref. Al cares about his players and cares about the results, he just flat out sucks as an in-game coach. It's also his style to let his players work through the on the court problems so that later in the season they can figure it out for themselves instead of having to call TO's every 30 seconds. Al cares and is seemingly a good guy, he just blows at the whole coaching aspect of his job, which last time I checked is important.

I agree for the most part, just want to expand a bit. As with most aspects of coaching, allowing your team to figure things out on their own is a strategy that can only work for certain teams. Obviously this team is not one of them. The major problem isn't Al's preference or tendency to coach this way because it can certainly be a great teaching tool. The problem lies in his inflexibility to abandon things that aren't working. I don't think it's too big an assumption that he recruits with his specific techniques in mind. However, he has no clue what to do when it's blatantly obvious that his long-standing techniques are either 1) not working in certain games or 2) not working with certain rosters. A good coach can adjust accordingly to give his team the best chance to win on a game-by-game or season-by-season basis; Al does not. This (obviously) leads to all types of problems.

Skinner is the most stubborn coach in America. He does something's very well, but others are atrocious.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:36 pm

I would have to agree that in some other thread I posted no matter what, unless GDF can talk him into a full payout, Al Skinner will be here for 2 more years, and make no mistake, GDF has no high interest in basketball even though the NCAA Tourney pays well for going deep in the ACC, but Al is Al and BC is BC and The Jesuits are happy if they get free booze, food and boys/and or girls.

No way GDF takes the Triple Hall of Fame heat for firing Al.

GDF is a master politician and 2 more years of this shit with the recruits we have coming in and the non-existent 2011 crop, is a blink of an eye to GDF.

BC is now Pussytown where some kid can get a tax free $62,000 or more with spending cash maybe $65,000 or a $90,000 a year taxable job and becasue you are an asshole dope smoking fiend, you can get away with it?

Why no impose the death penalty like Shitean WXilliams and kick 3 off the team. I would rather see BC go 3-24 with hustle, heart and floor burns with intramural players, then these Rastafarian Rejects dope heads.

It only takes one or two dope heads to ruin your program like at BC. Misery love company and dope smokers recruit others. You kick off the ringleader and you may solve the problem.

Al took a pass.

You do not kick them off and revoke their scholarship, more dopeheads know--- and come to BC.

ALSLEEP 'THE ESPUSCADORE POSTER BOY FOR 3 HALL OF FAMES" should test these guys every fucking week and you can tell if its residual smoke at a party--THEN YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE PARTY IF YOU HAVE A 90K A YEAR JOB!!!----or daily Cheech and Chong.

Skinner doesn't care, BC basketball is small potatoes to GDF, and with the Mark Herzlich feel good story, and 2 cream puff openers and a schedule where BC can easily win 6 or Spazoo's magic number, all is well.

Ring the bells on the Towers on the Heights.

All is well.

Good night.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:03 pm

the excitment is gone. the arena is empty. the immediate future is not promising. next year the ACC is gonna be loaded. We are coming back with the same apathetic team and apathetic coaching.

sometimes in sports (most of the time, actually) a coaching change is made just for the purposes of making a change and creating a new atmosphere.

this is one of those times.

All the best to Al, and thank you very much for your contributions to this program and school.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby bcbabe on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

What do you losers do/have to talk about when the basketball season is over with? (Just curious.)

*eats lasagna*
bcbabe
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 pm

bcbabe {l Wrote}:What do you losers do/have to talk about when the basketball season is over with? (Just curious.)

*eats lasagna*

I eat lasagna. What do you want to do to me after the absketball season?

Inquire within.

Just curious.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcbabe on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:09 pm

I eat lasagna. What do you want to do to me after the absketball season?

Inquire within.

Just curious.

LOL @ Eagle! I'll do just that!
bcbabe
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Send me a private e-mail.

I am a major player. I am independently poor. If you like chasing hot babes and betting ponies and taking care of my many financial and demented needs I am your perfect loser.

My love making skills are lengendary. Williams Hall needed no heat in 1973-1974.

Now with the new VLC (Viagra Levitra Cialis) program, I make the 2 minute drill faster than Tom Brady inbetween model shoots with Giselle!

Just think of the useless knowledge and information stored in my twisted brain that I can impart to our children through the direct injection of DNA. 1974 was a very good year.

I need you. You are my true north and can make my true south happy.

If you have plenty of cash and lingerie, YOU COMPLETE ME.

This is my Message in a Bottle, Sleepless in Cowtown, You Have an e-Stalker.

I promise my undying love and exotic wagering skills and will saw off my ankle bracelet to met you at the 5 star hotel resort of your choice.

Love means never having to say your sorry or I shoulda boxed one more horse in the exacta.

I am also a stud muffin with some extra padding to not embarrass the other guys with my 6-pack abs.

Let me make your life perfect.

Love 74!

Just think there are 2 other 1974 women graduates here who were lucky that I never got a chance to ruin their lives too!

I miss you already!

Safe Harbor statement:

I do not use a walker with tennis balls or a scooter, and my alleged fake wife woul be so very pleased to share me... :roll:
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcbabe on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:26 pm

But Eaglllle, I have 11 thumbs and my future baby's daddy MUST be the most eloquent of eloquent of banjo players! Are these 2 deal-breakers for you? *crosses fingers and chants: "Please say 'No', please say 'No'..."*
bcbabe
n00b

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Skinner is the most stubborn coach in America. He does something's very well, but others are atrocious.

Just wondering......what do you think he does he do well?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:36 pm

bcbabe {l Wrote}:But Eaglllle, I have 11 thumbs and my future baby's daddy MUST be the most eloquent of eloquent of banjo players! Are these 2 deal-breakers for you? *crosses fingers and chants: "Please say 'No', please say 'No'..."*

I live in Fort Worth Texas honey.

These are my neighbors and dueling banjos is like a saturday Night feature in Sundance Square and sadly, they do have eyesight.

Deliverance is the theme song here is where the West begins and culture ends.

Eloquent? I invented that style, most here can attest, since they know my peaceful beautiful inner core as a human.

My fingers are crossed and hope you come to your senses and save your life.

You need me.

You want me.

I am the Man of my Dreams.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm

There was a BC Basketball babe on the old Insiders who rhymed chronic with platonic and out-poemed me, but that ws 5 years ago?

74 never forgets a memorable rejection notice.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcbabe on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Hot damn, Eagle, I said HOT DAMN! I knewed you was the one!

Screw the Final 4: You and me got places to go, baby.
bcbabe
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm

bcbabe {l Wrote}:Hot damn, Eagle, I said HOT DAMN! I knewed you was the one!

Screw the Final 4: You and me got places to go, baby.

I still have the poem I wrote you.

I just called the pharmacy for the jumbo viagra, cialis and levitra...VLC.

I am looking for the poem, since if you are not the one, it may still have some old magic and add to my life history of misery, rejection and missed Pick 6's.

Send me some hot erotic photos to my e-mail and then tomorrow you can wire me a few million.

Later.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:31 pm

My wife is in tears.

She said her prayers are answered and her joy is uncontrollable. Do not interpret that as a bad thing, its like that bullshit feminazi bitch novel, we are going through passages...hers now to utter happiness and yours to a poor, miserable living hell.

It's a push.......... but I do have my moments and special redeeming values, ---(like S&H Green Stamps)- None of which have surfaced but you can view it as a challenge.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

First, '74, stop hijacking the thread.

Second, Al finds under-recruited kids and turns them into good players. His adjustments in between games (we were well prepared for Michigan and South Carolina) can also be effective. His in-game coaching is just awful, and frankly this over-rides anything else for me. I also think he's terrible at motivating college age kids, Al's better suited for an NBA team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This is the closest I have gotten to getting lucky in 20 years or my wedding night.

Where is your heart Eps??

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Second, Al finds under-recruited kids and turns them into good players. His adjustments in between games (we were well prepared for Michigan and South Carolina) can also be effective. His in-game coaching is just awful, and frankly this over-rides anything else for me. I also think he's terrible at motivating college age kids, Al's better suited for an NBA team.

I am so sick of hearing that he "developed" Smith, Bell, and Dudley (even though its THREE examples in 14 years)....they were all players the day they came in their freshman years. Under the radar? Yes. Player development, my ass (southern, Sanders, and paris have REALLY improved!). Adjustments between games? losing to Harvard for a 2nd straight year pretty much ends that argument and trumps two good games against 2 CRAP teams this year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I am so sick of hearing that he "developed" Smith, Bell, and Dudley (even though its THREE examples in 14 years)....they were all players the day they came in their freshman years. Under the radar? Yes. Player development, my ass (southern, Sanders, and paris have REALLY improved!). Adjustments between games? losing to Harvard for a 2nd straight year pretty much ends that argument and trumps two good games against 2 CRAP teams this year.

I get so confused with your arguing skills. I can't stand Skinner, he needs to be fired and you of all people should know that since I back you up on here all the time. I'm just telling you objectively what he does well and what he does not.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I'd agree if he was consistent and did something special but many coaches find unknown HS players too.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
I'd agree if he was consistent and did something special but many coaches find unknown HS players too.

So in order to do something well, it has to be unique or "special" to Al?

I'm as critical of Al as just about anyone, but do you think he just fell ass backwards into his successes? Please enlighten me.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum