New Heslip article

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New Heslip article

Postby BCMcG on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Article from WEEI

I love this kid's excitement. His story sounds a bit like Dudley's.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Re: New Heslip article

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Hopefully he doesn't pick up the work ethic of the upperclassmen.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dirtywater on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:04 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:Article from WEEI

I love this kid's excitement. His story sounds a bit like Dudley's.

Ditto. I just hope this kid turns into a dead eye shooter and saves Al's ass next season.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 am

I'm not sure how much Heslip will see the floor next year because of his defense. He'd have to play PG in the ACC, and unless he unseats Biko or is so good that we can move Jackson to the 2 (which I think is a possibility), then Heslip won't get much playing time. A lineup of Heslip, Jackson, Sanders, Trapani Ravanel would create a nightmare for any opposing coach. You could do anything with this lineup on defense because 4 of those guys are good rebounders. We could press (good speed), or trap or anything. On offense, we can spread a team and have 4 legit. shooters on the floor.

Knowing Skinner, we'll play 1/2 court m-2-m and run the flex, which his utterly retarded. Or even better we'll never see this lineup next season. :whiteflag
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:00 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm not sure how much Heslip will see the floor next year because of his defense. He'd have to play PG in the ACC, and unless he unseats Biko or is so good that we can move Jackson to the 2 (which I think is a possibility), then Heslip won't get much playing time. A lineup of Heslip, Jackson, Sanders, Trapani Ravanel would create a nightmare for any opposing coach. You could do anything with this lineup on defense because 4 of those guys are good rebounders. We could press (good speed), or trap or anything. On offense, we can spread a team and have 4 legit. shooters on the floor.

Knowing Skinner, we'll play 1/2 court m-2-m and run the flex, which his utterly retarded. Or even better we'll never see this lineup next season. :whiteflag

I'm sorry but ACC coaches won't be losing any sleep over defending a Heslip/Jackson/Sanders/Trapani/Ravenel lineup. It could be better than what we saw this year but it won't be anything special.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:56 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm not sure how much Heslip will see the floor next year because of his defense. He'd have to play PG in the ACC, and unless he unseats Biko or is so good that we can move Jackson to the 2 (which I think is a possibility), then Heslip won't get much playing time. A lineup of Heslip, Jackson, Sanders, Trapani Ravanel would create a nightmare for any opposing coach. You could do anything with this lineup on defense because 4 of those guys are good rebounders. We could press (good speed), or trap or anything. On offense, we can spread a team and have 4 legit. shooters on the floor.

I'm sorry but ACC coaches won't be losing any sleep over defending a Heslip/Jackson/Sanders/Trapani/Ravenel lineup. It could be better than what we saw this year but it won't be anything special.

I disagree, that's an extremely dangerous line-up. The ACC really is not going to be a whole lot better next season. The problem here is that our fearless leader has no idea how to maximize the talents on the floor, that line-up shouldn't be in the flex, they should space the floor.

Floor spacing has been a completely lost concept for the last 12 years on BC Basketball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

I disagree, that's an extremely dangerous line-up. The ACC really is not going to be a whole lot better next season. The problem here is that our fearless leader has no idea how to maximize the talents on the floor, that line-up shouldn't be in the flex, they should space the floor.

Floor spacing has been a completely lost concept for the last 12 years on BC Basketball.

Not sure I agree that the ACC is not going to be a whole lot better. Lot of good players coming in next year with 5 of the top 15 recruiting classes in the country. UNC had a down year but they are very young and are going to be much better next year so I don't think you can expect them to be at the bottom of the conference again.

That is probably our best possible lineup, but extremely dangerous might be overstating it especially since we can't say what we have with Heslip and Ravenel has yet to prove he can stay on the floor.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Calling any lineup featuring BC's current roster and the 2 new pasty incoming frosh "dangerous" is a serious overstatement. There's a 95% chance that Heslip is a shorter Tyler Roche. If we think we're unathletic now, just wait until Noreen and Heslip join the rotation.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:17 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Calling any lineup featuring BC's current roster and the 2 new pasty incoming frosh "dangerous" is a serious overstatement. There's a 95% chance that Heslip is a shorter Tyler Roche. If we think we're unathletic now, just wait until Noreen and Heslip join the rotation.

This team has way more issues than you think and they are all intertwined....the flex, recruiting, behavior, hustle, assistant coaches, talent, chemistry and all else...

BC need to fir Alsleep Skinner the next day after we are eliminated from the ACC Tournament and get a whole new staff.

Treat Al with respect and be FLEX-ible and pay off his contract and kids tuition deal, but you never know Al may have had enough of these brats and losers --not all of them--and if I was Al, I would be looking elsewhere with the talent I have now and the talent coming in.

Al let the recruiting Job 1 slide and now Al Skinner is cooked.

3 Hall of Fames on his resume and good luck. Al will get hired in a flash and let him bring the flex to NCSU and reunite with TOBlunders0-13 and Al Skinner 0-13 at Final 4's at BC.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:20 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Calling any lineup featuring BC's current roster and the 2 new pasty incoming frosh "dangerous" is a serious overstatement. There's a 95% chance that Heslip is a shorter Tyler Roche. If we think we're unathletic now, just wait until Noreen and Heslip join the rotation.

OJ: Noreen and Heslip are plenty athletic and the kind of guys that we need to get out on the floor. Al should be ecstatic over a lineup of Trapani, Noreen, Heslip, Mosakowski, and Rehnquist
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 pm

The only relation Heslip and Roche have is that they both shoot and are both albino-white. You are comparing apples to oranges. Really white apples to really white oranges.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm assuming this statement is made based on your personal experience seeing him play? or is this statement really that shallow?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'm assuming this statement is made based on your personal experience seeing him play? or is this statement really that shallow?

You get very defensive whenever someone criticizes a white player. Black players? Notsomuch.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:37 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You get very defensive whenever someone criticizes a white player. Black players? Notsomuch.

If at all possible on here, could we put this to rest once and for all? I sort of feel like the joke "flew the coop" a while ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

If at all possible on here, could we put this to rest once and for all? I sort of feel like the joke "flew the coop" a while ago.

It did. The irony of it is half the people that make the jokes appear to be the ones that are racist.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:19 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You're wrong. OJ's blatant disregard and downright hatred for all non-pasty things needs to be exposed and eradicated. But Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll get there.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 am

wait, so the guy that has already determined that Noreen sucks because his best offer was from some unknown POS basketball school in Spokane is calling for others to refrain from opining on a player who hasn't played yet?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'll pitch in too. You're wrong here. This is not a "joke."
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'll pitch in too. You're wrong here. This is not a "joke."

really? Then you have no clue.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Bump
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum