Finally!!! Someone Says What I have Been Saying for 7 years!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Finally!!! Someone Says What I have Been Saying for 7 years!

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:46 pm

I musta posted 10000X who the fuck cares if BC wins the ACC regular season and ACC Tournament unless they win 6 in the NCAA games!

The regular season and tournament is just a giant seeding contest --remember thate 1000X---and you want to get high, but you have to win 6???

Ergo....

If BC wins the 2010 ACC Tourney to get in, and gets 13 seed as long as you are in, you are in, but you have to win 6!

Calpipari gets it!

In his lofty position, getting a number 1 means no 2 vs 3 game and the 13-16 ranked teams are much weaker than 5-8!!

Calipari focused on seeding, not SEC

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- John Calipari is one win away from clinching a Southeastern Conference championship in his first season at Kentucky -- just what he was brought in to do.

That's why his answer was swift and decisive when Calipari was asked Friday what winning the school's 44th conference title would mean: "Nothing."

The No. 2 Wildcats (27-1, 12-1), college basketball's winningest program, would assure themselves of at least a share of the championship by beating Tennessee on Saturday. They would get the championship outright if Vanderbilt also loses at Arkansas.

"I've always taken the approach that it's about the seed in the NCAA tournament," Calipari said. "If you want me to be honest about how I think and what we're doing to prepare, that's what it is. The SEC tournament is about our seed in the NCAA tournament."

I've always taken the approach that it's about the seed in the NCAA tournament. If you want me to be honest about how I think and what we're doing to prepare, that's what it is. The SEC tournament is about our seed in the NCAA tournament.

-- Kentucky coach John Calipari

Calipari says he isn't concerned about players slacking off down the stretch, considering some have projected that there is virtually nothing Kentucky can do to lose a top seed in the NCAA tournament.

The games remain as important as ever, he said, because everything has to do with getting better. The Wildcats certainly saw plenty of improvement Thursday with an 82-61 victory over South Carolina, avenging their only loss.

Most improved was the team's veteran forward Patrick Patterson, who got a season-high 23 points after managing a season-low five in the previous meeting with the Gamecocks.

"I know I have to perform well and go out there with a lot of energy and just play," Patterson said. "I have to come in every game, every night and play ball. I am the veteran, the older guy out there on the court with the most experience, and I should be doing that."

Kentucky beat Tennessee 73-62 earlier this month. Just as Patterson seemed to jump-start his season against South Carolina, freshman guard Eric Bledsoe had one of his best outings against the Vols and has continued his consistent play since.

Once again, the Wildcats may be catching the Vols at a time their star big man, Wayne Chism, isn't 100 percent. In Tennessee's loss to Florida this week, Chism committed a hard foul and dropped to his knees in pain near the bench.

Even if he's fully healthy, Kentucky seems to be hitting its stride with its post play. The Wildcats dominated the rebounding and inside scoring against the Gamecocks, and freshman center DeMarcus Cousins got yet another double-double to extend his UK freshman record to 17.

Tennessee has struggled lately, losing three of its last five games and dropping to fourth in the SEC East behind Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Florida.

Still, Calipari knows never to look past Vols coach Bruce Pearl, whom he's faced numerous times over the years while leading Memphis.

"He may try to come out with some funky defense and we'll deal with it," Calipari said. "This won't be for the faint of heart. There are no boys in this game."
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum