From Bad to Worse...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

From Bad to Worse...

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 am

One of our esteemed assistant coaches might be facing battery charges....

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20100215/FSU05/100215010/1002/SPORTS
:whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: From Bad to Worse...

Postby chuckfrombc on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 am

Hope it doesn't lead to bad things for the coach, but it is refreshing to see a BC Basketball Coach try to get someone to move on the court.
chuckfrombc
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 am

At least someone is showing some fire.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 am

Where was this guy when Salzano was bitching up a storm about not getting a trip to the bowl game?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 am

I'm actually perfectly fine with this. At least someone on this team cares.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm actually perfectly fine with this. At least someone on this team cares.

Who says Bonzie cares? He could have been pissed off because someone took his breakfast taco.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:31 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Where was this guy when Salzano was bitching up a storm about not getting a trip to the bowl game?

Salzano, ---in between his cocksucking interludes on whatever dorm and floor these 74 swallow strange meat ---and giving me the red karma button with his greased butt bandit roommates,----- is now pumping iron and looking for cheap flights to Tallahassee for a steel cage match with this FSU band sissy fagola baby maker.

Winner gets to be the top trombone!

Looks like 74 is headed back to -1450.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:31 am

Colson is the worst of the assistants and (from what I hear) a bad dude. Addition by subtraction if you ask me. Now, I want former EA poster (billyg) now assistant coach (Mo Cassera) to assault a visiting mascot. If Al isn't leaving this year, the least he can do is bring in two assistants who are competent. Murphy and Duquette are the best we got... but that ain't saying all that much.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:35 pm

The worst part is probably that he'd have to go back to Tally. Poor guy.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

If Coach Cassera leaves, who will tweet for the team?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:32 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:If Coach Cassera leaves, who will tweet for the team?

If Cassara leaves, our recruiting would take a major, MAJOR hit. Sure, Cassara hasn't brought in a single recruit, per se, but I bet he's been close a couple times. And that certainly counts for something.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:

If Cassara leaves, our recruiting would take a major, MAJOR hit. Sure, Cassara hasn't brought in a single recruit, per se, but I bet he's been close a couple times. And that certainly counts for something.

I don't know too much about our basketball recruiting as far as the assistant coaches participation. Should that have been in red text? I'm not sure our recruiting is going down much from the '09,'10 level, though I think all of the '10 guys could be solid.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

I don't know too much about our basketball recruiting as far as the assistant coaches participation. Should that have been in red text? I'm not sure our recruiting is going down much from the '09,'10 level, though I think all of the '10 guys could be solid.

Yes, my post was dripping in sarcasm. Cassara is about as useless as it gets. He literally hasn't brought in a single recruit. Not even one shitty one.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:14 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

Yes, my post was dripping in sarcasm. Cassara is about as useless as it gets. He literally hasn't brought in a single recruit. Not even one shitty one.

The only inside gossip I've ever heard about BC sports I got like 3rd hand this year about Cassara. Apparently some of the guys (you can guess who) got really frustrated early on with the flex. Cassara's advice? Just improvise. You guys are talented. I know that sounds like heaven to a lot of BC fans who hate the flex, but in any program you make things worse when you have a coach preaching one system and an assistant undermining him.

I think that's one understated things about our last decade of the Flex, the Flex, the Flex: guys know their roles and play their parts and work on doing just that over and over and over and you know how to go out and execute what you do well. With that, we've generally been a pretty efficient scoring team and have won more than we lost. This year, it's clear the team isn't playing together and staying in the system and we get too many jacked threes, spot up jumpers when guys aren't in position to get a rebound, and I don't know how many dribbles off the foot.

Is it all Cassara's fault? Of course not. Our guys aren't playing together and they haven't gotten their crap together. But it doesn't help that they're getting mixed messages.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:19 pm

It's my understanding that Mo recently took over the advance scouting, and I've been told (believe it or not), that he's very good at it. This is a very big job during the season, so it would explain, in part, why he hasn't been as involved in recruiting. We have such a multitude of problems, I'm not really sure how to evaluate the job that he's done at it this season.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:53 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:It's my understanding that Mo recently took over the advance scouting, and I've been told (believe it or not), that he's very good at it. This is a very big job during the season, so it would explain, in part, why he hasn't been as involved in recruiting. We have such a multitude of problems, I'm not really sure how to evaluate the job that he's done at it this season.

Should we then judge him on the recruits he didn't get the past few years vs. the recruits he won't get the next few years? We need someone who can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:02 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:It's my understanding that Mo recently took over the advance scouting, and I've been told (believe it or not), that he's very good at it. This is a very big job during the season, so it would explain, in part, why he hasn't been as involved in recruiting. We have such a multitude of problems, I'm not really sure how to evaluate the job that he's done at it this season.

Should we then judge him on the recruits he didn't get the past few years vs. the recruits he won't get the next few years? We need someone who can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.

I don't follow. He brings a particular skill set to the table, and is asked to specialize in that area. I'm more concerned with Bonzie's inability to recruit, inability to assist in the development of big men, and apparent inability to control his temper than I am with the fact that Mo isn't asked to focus on recruiting anymore.

While we're on the subject of evaluating our assistants, I do wish Duq and Mo would show some more fire than they do. It sure as hell isn't coming from Al, and leadership is what's been lost in the recent coaching losses. As nice a guy as he was, Cooley would get in the face of his guys everyone once in a while too, when it was necessary. Right now, we don't have a vocal leader on the court, and it's unfortunate that no one on the staff is attempting to fill the void. The whole laisseiz-fairre thing only works if there's a guy like Dudley on the court.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCTG on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Can we qualify the Bonzie Beatdown as a conference win?

:screamyeagle
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby westwoodeagle on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:39 am

The assistants all share the responsibilities of doing scouts of future opponents. They rotate them so one coach wouldn't have two very close together and they usually have one of the top assistants do bigger games like Duke. Not that there are any big games this year.
westwoodeagle
n00b

Postby bignick33 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 am

According to a report in the Tallahassee Democrat, Boston College assistant basketball coach Bonzie Colson will not face charges after an incident prior to Sunday's game at Florida State. A member of the FSU pep band accused the coach of pushing him out of the way and swearing at him when their paths crossed on the court, and two fellow band members backed up this assertion.

According to Thursday's report, another witness said Colson did not aggressively push the band member, but that he guided the student out of the way to avoid colliding with other band members. Florida's State Attorney's Office decided not to pursue charges.

FSU assistant athletic director Rob Wilson told the newspaper that the pep band will not be allowed on the court for the remainder of the season. "That's our fault, not the band's fault and not Boston College's fault," Wilson said. "In protection of our students and respect for the other team, these are the steps we're taking."

http://bcblog.weei.com/sports/boston/general/boston-college/2010/02/18/bc-assistant-will-not-face-charges-for-fsu-incident/
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
According to a report in the Tallahassee Democrat, Boston College assistant basketball coach Bonzie Colson will not face charges after an incident prior to Sunday's game at Florida State. A member of the FSU pep band accused the coach of pushing him out of the way and swearing at him when their paths crossed on the court, and two fellow band members backed up this assertion.

According to Thursday's report, another witness said Colson did not aggressively push the band member, but that he guided the student out of the way to avoid colliding with other band members. Florida's State Attorney's Office decided not to pursue charges.

FSU assistant athletic director Rob Wilson told the newspaper that the pep band will not be allowed on the court for the remainder of the season. "That's our fault, not the band's fault and not Boston College's fault," Wilson said. "In protection of our students and respect for the other team, these are the steps we're taking."

http://bcblog.weei.com/sports/boston/general/boston-college/2010/02/18/bc-assistant-will-not-face-charges-for-fsu-incident/

Seems like the appropriate measure. Battery doesn't protect all touching and this is a circumstance where place and crowd are factors. Besides, what actual harm was done? Band geeks are pussies. I can say this because I've had drinks with former band geeks.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}: I can say this because I've had drinks with former band geeks.

did you get in her pants (with a flute)?

This one time. At band camp...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum