time to go Al...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: time to go Al...

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Past seasons: Al was saved by essentially 3 recruits and a bunch of support players. Even then, when he had his most talent he fell flat on his face in the post season. The fact that Smith, Dudley, and Bell came to BC over Al's 14 year tenure does not make him a good recruiter.

Oh, look what snuck it's way in here!

he completely ignored the fact that Bell and Sidney played together for two years, Bell and Smith two years, Dudley and Smith two years, Dudley, Smith and Williams one year, Dudley, Williams and Rice one year

I know. Humor takes many forms, but Domdom trying to change his argument without anyone noticing holds a special place in my heart. "AL WAS SAVED BY 3 RECRUITS ONLY (it's days later but oh by the way, he had a bunch of other quality role players who contributed a lot as well. sorry.). Signed, Flip-flops."

Not changing the argument at all. "A bunch of support players" was not a compliment.

Yes, because all teams should have three players get drafted by the NBA ... er, wait a minute.

Dudley and Smith were two of them, dope. You might want to think twice before using NBA talent as evidence that Al has recruited well. That might backfire a bit. Oops, it just did.

Fact is, since 2001, BC has had at least 2, and often 3, and once 5, very good college basketball players at the same time in most seasons. 7 of 9, to be exact.

This is complete bullshit.

00-01 Bell/Sidney
01-02 Bell/Sidney
02-03 Bell/Sidney/Smith
03-04 Smith/Dudley/Marshall
04-05 Smith/Dudley/Marshall/Williams
05-06 Smith/Dudley/Marshall/Williams/Rice
06-07 Dudley/Marshall/Williams/Rice
07-08 Rice
08-09 Rice/Trapani/Sanders

And this leaves out Agbai (who was an 11ppg, 6 rpg guy for 3 of those seasons) and Hinnant, as well as many contributing role players such as Singletary, Bryant, Watson.

I already acknowledged Bell, Smith, and Dudley. Like I said, they carried BC for 7-8 years. Sidney, Marshall, Trapani, and Sanders are a huge stretch.

Sidney - No. Way overrated as a player.
Marshall - Didn't someone give him the nickname Clank on here?
Trapani - No chance this season
Sanders - You're really reaching.

Trap and Sanders could put themselves back in the picture with a decent PG.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Al or someone on his staff definitely did a better job 7-10 years ago. The last 6 years of recruiting have been complete garbage and have put this program in the position its in today. Al either had someone on his staff that did a better job identifying talent back then or he has gotten lazy. Either way, he is not getting the job done on the recruiting front or the coaching front.

Classic back down. Are you finally admitting that you've been missing a piece of the puzzle all along in that Al had to be good at at least something? Does this mean you're abandoning your "Al was saved by 3 and only 3 recruits" thesis? Most teams aren't made up of studs through and through. There are top players and role players. Role players can still be quality and are very important to the success of any team. You discount that. Putting together a team that works is tougher than you admit (unless you get 4 AAs every year of course). Obviously, busts hurt significantly in basketball. The only thing we can agree on is he's not getting it done recently.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Past seasons: Al was saved by essentially 3 recruits and a bunch of support players. Even then, when he had his most talent he fell flat on his face in the post season. The fact that Smith, Dudley, and Bell came to BC over Al's 14 year tenure does not make him a good recruiter.

he completely ignored the fact that Bell and Sidney played together for two years, Bell and Smith two years, Dudley and Smith two years, Dudley, Smith and Williams one year, Dudley, Williams and Rice one year

I know. Humor takes many forms, but Domdom trying to change his argument without anyone noticing holds a special place in my heart. "AL WAS SAVED BY 3 RECRUITS ONLY (it's days later but oh by the way, he had a bunch of other quality role players who contributed a lot as well. sorry.). Signed, Flip-flops."

Not changing the argument at all. "A bunch of support players" was not a compliment.

Yes, because all teams should have three players get drafted by the NBA ... er, wait a minute.

Dudley and Smith were two of them, dope. You might want to think twice before using NBA talent as evidence that Al has recruited well. That might backfire a bit. Oops, it just did.

Fact is, since 2001, BC has had at least 2, and often 3, and once 5, very good college basketball players at the same time in most seasons. 7 of 9, to be exact.

00-01 Bell/Sidney
01-02 Bell/Sidney
02-03 Bell/Sidney/Smith
07-08 Rice

And this leaves out Agbai (who was an 11ppg, 6 rpg guy for 3 of those seasons) and Hinnant, as well as many contributing role players such as Singletary, Bryant, Watson.

I already acknowledged Bell, Smith, and Dudley. Like I said, they carried BC for 7-8 years. Sidney, Marshall, Trapani, and Sanders are a huge stretch.

Well for four of the 9 seasons (44%) two of those three guys were on the same team. I also note that you conveniently don't mention Rice or Williams. Because counting those two, 1 season had 4 of those guys, 3 seasons had 3 of those guys, and 5 seasons had two of those guys.

And that's completely ignoring your downplaying of Sidney, who was the major difference between 99-00 and 00-01, and Marshall, who had a very good career for a shooting guard in the BE/ACC, in particular his last season, when he averaged 15 ppg.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

00-01 Bell/Sidney
01-02 Bell/Sidney
02-03 Bell/Sidney/Smith
07-08 Rice

Sidney - No. Way overrated as a player.
Trapani - No chance this season
Sanders - You're really reaching.

Trap and Sanders could put themselves back in the picture with a decent PG.

The addition of Ryan Sidney is the only difference between the okay team of 99-01 and the 00-01 team that won 27 games.

And my comment on Trapani and Sanders was based on what they did last season.

I hated Marshall, but he was a very good defender and a decent scorer. Like Rakim Sanders, he took abuse for shooting too many threes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Al or someone on his staff definitely did a better job 7-10 years ago. The last 6 years of recruiting have been complete garbage and have put this program in the position its in today. Al either had someone on his staff that did a better job identifying talent back then or he has gotten lazy. Either way, he is not getting the job done on the recruiting front or the coaching front.

Classic back down. Are you finally admitting that you've been missing a piece of the puzzle all along in that Al had to be good at at least something? Does this mean you're abandoning your "Al was saved by 3 and only 3 recruits" thesis? Most teams aren't made up of studs through and through. There are top players and role players. Role players can still be quality and are very important to the success of any team. You discount that. Putting together a team that works is tougher than you admit (unless you get 4 AAs every year of course). Obviously, busts hurt significantly in basketball. The only thing we can agree on is he's not getting it done recently.

No, I am saying that Al has not found anyone like those 3 for 6 years
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Again, Ty Rice and *** ******* weren't very good college basketball players?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

00-01 Bell/Sidney
01-02 Bell/Sidney
02-03 Bell/Sidney/Smith
07-08 Rice

Well for four of the 9 seasons (44%) two of those three guys were on the same team. I also note that you conveniently don't mention Rice or Williams. Because counting those two, 1 season had 4 of those guys, 3 seasons had 3 of those guys, and 5 seasons had two of those guys.

And that's completely ignoring your downplaying of Sidney, who was the major difference between 99-00 and 00-01, and Marshall, who had a very good career for a shooting guard in the BE/ACC, in particular his last season, when he averaged 15 ppg.

I'm not getting the obsession with "two of those guys were on the same team". I am aware of that.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:08 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Sidney - No. Way overrated as a player.

Sidney in 00-01 as a frosh was legitimately good. After that not so much, just flashes, but then definitely.

Marshall improved dramatically as his career went on.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:10 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Sidney in 00-01 as a frosh was legitimately good. After that not so much, just flashes, but then definitely.

Sindey's stats improved steadily over his career. He made a huge impact as a frosh, but he was a better player after that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Again, Ty Rice and *** ******* weren't very good college basketball players?

Williams was a great defender. Not a lick of offense. Rice was a scorer who led his team to an 11th place finish in the ACC and a first round blow-out in his junior and senior seasons. They are solid recruits, but when you are in the ACC you better fucking be able to do better than 2 good recruits in 6 fucking years.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Sindey's stats improved steadily over his career. He made a huge impact as a frosh, but he was a better player after that.

my memory is absolutely shot. I remember his impact freshman year, and i remember him kind of sucking later on. However, i certainly would give you the benefit of the doubt that he was as good/better his sophomore year(i think thats when he broke his jaw?) and then the year he got booted, again I think, he kind of sucked?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

my memory is absolutely shot. I remember his impact freshman year, and i remember him kind of sucking later on. However, i certainly would give you the benefit of the doubt that he was as good/better his sophomore year(i think thats when he broke his jaw?) and then the year he got booted, again I think, he kind of sucked?

I was gonna say, dude has his mouth wired shut and lost 30 pounds. About him getting booted: I thought he just left on his own.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Williams was a great defender. Not a lick of offense.

Except he was averaging 12 ppg and 70% from the FT line the season he got dismissed. Pretty good considering he averaged 4 ppg and 3 ppg his first two seasons. AND he was playing with three 1,400+ point scorers (two 2,000+ points and all 3 are in the top 15 scorers all time at BC).
Last edited by pick6pedro on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

[url]
http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player ... yan-sidney[/url]
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:22 pm

GP-GS Min--Avg FG-FGA Pct 3FG-FGA Pct FT-FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg
2000 31-0 682 22.0 117-236 .496 11-37 .297 51-90 .567 73 72 145 4.7 78 2 52 52 9 51 296 9.5
2001 32 32 1089 34.0 167 378 .442 37 102 .363 68 136 .500 79 170 249 7.8 94 1 136 104 12 53 439 13.7
2002 31 31 1093 35.3 164 366 .448 8 56 .143 47 101 .465 96 119 215 6.9 93 2 144 91 12 44 383 12.4

yeah my memory definitely sucks.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC played in the NCAA tournament last season. If his recruiting for the six years prior sucked, then he must be a good coach to make the tourney with sucky players.

Cue: "You're content getting to the NCAA tournament."

OJ's as predictable as Aunt Flo.

Fact is, shitting on Al for this season is warranted. But the reason it is warranted is because the team has a lot of talent and is grossly underachieving. That is the sign of a bad coaching job.

Where OJ and Art and the like epically fail is when they try to say that this year's team has no talent, and that Al can't recruit, and that Al can't develop players. Because if that is the case, then this year's team is exactly where it should be and past teams have been coached well, not poorly.

I am inclined to believe that Al is not a great coach while the game is going on. But there is a body of work that can't be ignored, and the most plausible explanation is that Al (or someone on his staff) has a great eye for finding and developing talent.

I never said they have no talent, but they are not talented enough. I said very clearly Al has had success in the past and whether that was due to his recruiting, his non game coaching or his assistant coaches I have no idea. He gets credit for having a degree of success in the regular season. I never said Al can't develop players, because he has, but the fact is this group of juniors has regressed. As I said I don't have insight into whether Dudley and Smith succeeded because Al did a brilliant recruiting job or developed them (though I would lean toward the latter).

This team does not have the talent to compete at a high level in the ACC. I agree they are underachieving, but really that just means they are bottom of the conference instead of middle.

My apologies for attributing OJ's stupidity to you.

From what I have seen in the ACC, and from what I have seen of these players last season, BC has enough talent to be one of the top 3-5 teams in the ACC. Problem from what I can see is that they have no PG and the talent that they do have can't create their own shots. Which has led to (1) a miserably fucking pathetic nightly effort from Sanders, who mopes around and then has to go out and take threes to get shots, and (2) some god awful chucking by Trapani. Those are the two guys most effected by Biko Paris sucking at basketball.

For me, this season can be explained by one failure of Al: he misjudged Biko Paris, and he mistakenly believed that he didn't need to bring in another PG now.

Apologies for breaking away from the shit slinging competition, but I have to take issue with this post. I haven't seen any evidence that BC has enough talent on its team to be one of the top 3-5 teams in the ACC. My eyes tell me that almost every team we play has far more explosive players at almost every position. Now maybe a better PG could allow BC to open things up some, but I don't think it's that simple. I've long respected Al for building this program after shit years post O'Brien when I would watch games with about 1,000 other people almost as much for the chance to buy nachos as for the chance to watch Antonio Granger, but the bottom line is that the cupboard is pretty bare as far as top caliber players go. Having a UVM transfer as our #2 guy simply sucks. That's on Al.

But, if I'm incorrect and this team does have top 5 in the ACC caliber talent, then you have to think that next season is the ultimate litmus test on Al Skinner. If the talent is there, then he'll have a whole off-season to reorganize, fix the mistakes of this year and get that talent in a system that can perform next year. If next year is more of the same sloppy and unprepared shit (like not making adjustments and admitting that FSU stymied us with the exact same game plan as it did the week before) than I think it will be safe to say that Al should be gone.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:45 pm

It's not particularly good news for the coach when FSU does the same thing two games in a row against us and our coach doesn't make a single adjustment. In fact, it was worse the second time.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:53 am

NEVERGONNAGETIT THREAD.

GDF is Al future?

GDF has 2 years to go and after 1 bad year in his useless mind -GDF- Al, unless he retires, will never quit?

GDF might let him go in 2011-2012, but the whole point you morons is missing is Al Skinner is everything in all my threads and your threads and game and recruiting analysis over 7 years and guess what..since I was the first to say he needed to go 4 years ago with his recruiting incompetence....

Al Skinner is here.

Al Skinner will not be fired by GDF, the Midget Mussolini. (ATy).

Al Skinner will have trouble next year with the 2 new recruits on the frontline and this team and the flex and recruiting ..................and go search all the teams that are like BC in the Top 25 that have left BC in the dust on some thread here.

BUH BYE NOW.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:05 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC played in the NCAA tournament last season. If his recruiting for the six years prior sucked, then he must be a good coach to make the tourney with sucky players.

Cue: "You're content getting to the NCAA tournament."

OJ's as predictable as Aunt Flo.

Fact is, shitting on Al for this season is warranted. But the reason it is warranted is because the team has a lot of talent and is grossly underachieving. That is the sign of a bad coaching job.

Where OJ and Art and the like epically fail is when they try to say that this year's team has no talent, and that Al can't recruit, and that Al can't develop players. Because if that is the case, then this year's team is exactly where it should be and past teams have been coached well, not poorly.

I am inclined to believe that Al is not a great coach while the game is going on. But there is a body of work that can't be ignored, and the most plausible explanation is that Al (or someone on his staff) has a great eye for finding and developing talent.

I never said they have no talent, but they are not talented enough. I said very clearly Al has had success in the past and whether that was due to his recruiting, his non game coaching or his assistant coaches I have no idea. He gets credit for having a degree of success in the regular season. I never said Al can't develop players, because he has, but the fact is this group of juniors has regressed. As I said I don't have insight into whether Dudley and Smith succeeded because Al did a brilliant recruiting job or developed them (though I would lean toward the latter).

This team does not have the talent to compete at a high level in the ACC. I agree they are underachieving, but really that just means they are bottom of the conference instead of middle.

My apologies for attributing OJ's stupidity to you.

From what I have seen in the ACC, and from what I have seen of these players last season, BC has enough talent to be one of the top 3-5 teams in the ACC. Problem from what I can see is that they have no PG and the talent that they do have can't create their own shots. Which has led to (1) a miserably fucking pathetic nightly effort from Sanders, who mopes around and then has to go out and take threes to get shots, and (2) some god awful chucking by Trapani. Those are the two guys most effected by Biko Paris sucking at basketball.

For me, this season can be explained by one failure of Al: he misjudged Biko Paris, and he mistakenly believed that he didn't need to bring in another PG now.

Apologies for breaking away from the shit slinging competition, but I have to take issue with this post. I haven't seen any evidence that BC has enough talent on its team to be one of the top 3-5 teams in the ACC. My eyes tell me that almost every team we play has far more explosive players at almost every position. Now maybe a better PG could allow BC to open things up some, but I don't think it's that simple. I've long respected Al for building this program after shit years post O'Brien when I would watch games with about 1,000 other people almost as much for the chance to buy nachos as for the chance to watch Antonio Granger, but the bottom line is that the cupboard is pretty bare as far as top caliber players go. Having a UVM transfer as our #2 guy simply sucks. That's on Al.

But, if I'm incorrect and this team does have top 5 in the ACC caliber talent, then you have to think that next season is the ultimate litmus test on Al Skinner. If the talent is there, then he'll have a whole off-season to reorganize, fix the mistakes of this year and get that talent in a system that can perform next year. If next year is more of the same sloppy and unprepared shit (like not making adjustments and admitting that FSU stymied us with the exact same game plan as it did the week before) than I think it will be safe to say that Al should be gone.

I agree with you. In terms of talent, BC is definitely in the bottom half if not bottom third in the ACC.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:17 pm

There is plenty of talent on this team. Period. They don't have a floor leader, and they lack a skilled big man (like everyone else), but there is a lot of talent. You can dispute this all you want, but Andy Katz looked at this team and saw a top 25 team. Problem is simply that Biko Paris stinks, and Reggie is still learning to be a PG.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There is plenty of talent on this team. Period. They don't have a floor leader, and they lack a skilled big man (like everyone else), but there is a lot of talent. You can dispute this all you want, but Andy Katz looked at this team and saw a top 25 team. Problem is simply that Biko Paris stinks, and Reggie is still learning to be a PG.

Andy Katz is a homer and one of the few if not the only one who had BC in the top 25. And you can get into the top 25 for reasons other than talent. See Northern Iowa.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:21 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There is plenty of talent on this team. Period. They don't have a floor leader, and they lack a skilled big man (like everyone else), but there is a lot of talent. You can dispute this all you want, but Andy Katz looked at this team and saw a top 25 team. Problem is simply that Biko Paris stinks, and Reggie is still learning to be a PG.

Andy Katz is a homer and one of the few if not the only one who had BC in the top 25. And you can get into the top 25 for reasons other than talent. See Northern Iowa.

Whatever you say. :whiteflag
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Talent is not the problem for this team. It's so simple to chalk it up to that, but it just isn't the case.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Where's OJ? Must be working late today.
Last edited by buconvict on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:42 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Where's OJ?

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:14 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Talent is not the problem for this team. It's so simple to chalk it up to that, but it just isn't the case.

I'm sorry, but our second leading scorer is a UVM transfer. Biko and Southern are not good at basketball and they have made up 40% of our starting lineup for most of the year. Dunn, Elmore and Ravenel have very, very limited offensive game. tw makes fun of Raji all the time so he can't think too highly of him. That leaves Sanders and Jackson. Both are pretty good. I'm not sure if there is an ACC fan base that would trade their players for ours. Maybe Miami.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:25 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Talent is not the problem for this team. It's so simple to chalk it up to that, but it just isn't the case.

I'm sorry, but our second leading scorer is a UVM transfer. Biko and Southern are not good at basketball and they have made up 40% of our starting lineup for most of the year. Dunn, Elmore and Ravenel have very, very limited offensive game. tw makes fun of Raji all the time so he can't think too highly of him. That leaves Sanders and Jackson. Both are pretty good. I'm not sure if there is an ACC fan base that would trade their players for ours. Maybe Miami.

Biko Paris is better FOR THE TEAM than anyone from last year's incredibly un-talented team.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:00 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Where's OJ? Must be working late today.

Eagledom has posted several times today regarding today's games on other threads....not sure about OJ.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:07 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Citing tw as to why Raji sucks. Citing what players other fan bases want. Only talking about offense. Interesting, but they don't mean shit. So you don't believe that if this team had merely played the game they are supposed to play and known/played their roles that they'd be 20-6 or 19-7 right now? Because that's how I see it and it's not a stretch at all. Talent may not be top notch, but it's clearly not the problem. Plenty of other problems plague this team, and it's plenty obvious.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:09 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

So you don't believe that if this team had merely played the game they are supposed to play and known/played their roles that they'd be 20-6 or 19-7 right now? .

That's a joke.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum