time to go Al...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

time to go Al...

Postby Eagledom on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:25 pm

it just keeps getting more pathetic. Please pack your bags and take Rakim Sanders with you. Thanks.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: time to go Al...

Postby EaglesTalon on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 pm

congrats on the loss, OJ.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Josh Southern and Biko Paris, I demand you both transfer immediately. Right now.

Rakim Sanders, you can stay, I'm willing to at least see what you can do next season. On the other hand, for Southern and Paris, you guys both need to transfer to University of New Hampshire immediately. You actually probably won't be the best players on that team, but I can guarantee neither of you fit in the ACC.

Al Skinner = :toby
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:01 pm

I'm not about to get on OJ. Anybody who just sat through two hours of that atrocity that Al Skinner would like to call a basketball game should asked for a refund for the rest of their season tickets.

It's not time to go Al. It was time to go. Months ago it was time to go. This is just another piece in the mountain of evidence.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey - go easy on New Hampshire - we have already lost to Maine, Rhode Island and Vermont. New Hampshire is the only second rate New England basketball program we haven't lost to yet. I recommend they transfer to someplace we could never play like say Weber State.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:congrats on the loss, OJ.

some of us BC fans don't want to accept mediocrity (or less). Glad you enjoy it though.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:21 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

some of us BC fans don't want to accept mediocrity (or less). Glad you enjoy it though.

coming from the guy that used to lick TOB's taint, that's funny.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 am

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 am

My growing fear: How do they get better /more competitive next year? We're now approaching the end of year-3 for the core, and they are digressing, not improving.

We are playing in a ridiculously weak ACC this year with 4 returning starters from an NCAA tournament team a year ago, witht the core in its 3rd year together.....And we can't win a game.

Let that sink in for a minute. Scary.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:53 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:My growing fear: How do they get better /more competitive next year? We're now approaching the end of year-3 for the core, and they are digressing, not improving.

We are playing in a ridiculously weak ACC this year with 4 returning starters from an NCAA tournament team a year ago, witht the core in its 3rd year together.....And we can't win a game.

Next year does scare me. I mean, we all wrote this season off weeks ago and turned our focus to 10-11, but the more I think about it, the more I think next year might be similar to this one. I hope that's not the case, but it's going to be essentially the same group and therefore the same boneheads calling the shots, which doesn't exactly inspire me. If BC played this season the way they did last year, we'd be in the running for an ACC tourney bye right now, but instead we're fighting to stay out of the basement in a conference where most teams are quite beatable.

I'm still in shock at how big a step backwards this team took this season. There's so much shit to fix on this team, I wouldn't even know where to begin. :suicide
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:54 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:My growing fear: How do they get better /more competitive next year? We're now approaching the end of year-3 for the core, and they are digressing, not improving.

It has sunk in. Nothing could really be scarier than losing to Maine and Harvard. I think we are beyond scared to the point where you just can't even get nauseous any more. Since I really do not see our program ever taking off with Skinner and staff, the scariest thing to me is for Al to have enough of a mediocre season next year to save his job indefinitely. Unless the next two recruiting classes turn out to be phenomenal (and how much faith do you have in that?), it could be much uglier for the first couple years after these juniors graduate because of Al's failure to bring in anybody new this year. In any event, the beauty of basketball is that you just need five guys and a good new coach can truly turn things around after a couple seasons. I think what is so frustrating is that a school like BC should really be excelling at this sport much more so than football where the scale and expense make it much more challenging.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Interesting take, considering I hated TOB and often compare Al to him. Good try though. I guess you come from the HJS school of debate. If you can't beat 'em, make something up.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby chughes543 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 pm

You guys mean that you don't enjoy watching the offense this year? I mean it's not like the offense stands around for 30 seconds and then throws up garbage threes or anything. 47 points is embarassing.
chughes543
n00b

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Interesting take, considering I hated TOB and often compare Al to him. Good try though. I guess you come from the HJS school of debate. If you can't beat 'em, make something up.

EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Nothing Skinner did or said in the huddle during timeouts seemed to matter.

“You have to give Florida State a lot of credit,’’ said Skinner. “They played great defensively, they made it very difficult for us.’’

But when Skinner was asked if the Seminoles did anything different after the first half, he shook his head.

“They did nothing different,’’ said Skinner. “It was the same defense from the previous game with us, and from the first half [last night]. We just didn’t maintain our concentration on offense, for whatever reason. Our shots in the second half were not particularly good. I thought we were anxious.’’

Al, wake up. Why do you think GDF hired you? You're supposed to actually coach the team, not just sit there and stare off into space. If they didn't change anything from the last game, how about you try a new offense/something else?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Fire Gene.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 pm

(Insert sarcastic comment about Paris being better for the TEAM than Tyrese Rice here)

(Insert stupid rebuttals below)

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:36 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:(Insert sarcastic comment about Paris being better for the TEAM than Tyrese Rice here)

(Insert stupid rebuttals below)

i will say that this team was better with Rice because he could actually score, but that's not high praise...its more of an indictment of just how bad that recruiting has been when you see how far this team has fallen after losing a pure scorer and horrible team player at PG. The Al apologists and the "we are what we are" crowds are eating their words now and seeing what I have been saying forever....Skinner sucks.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:The Al apologists and the "we are what we are" crowds are eating their words now and seeing what I have been saying forever....Skinner sucks.

Someone has been absent for a while.....
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:The Al apologists and the "we are what we are" crowds are eating their words now and seeing what I have been saying forever....Skinner sucks.

well TWB has been wrong about so much its comical....no wonder he doesn't post about hoops anymore (you know, because Southern will we a star, Sanders is 1st team All ACC, etc).

but yes, and so were convict, cadillac, and Eagle talon -- coincidentally the 4 biggest "al is the best coach BC could ever get" proclaimers
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

well TWB has been wrong about so much its comical....no wonder he doesn't post about hoops anymore (you know, because Southern will we a star, Sanders is 1st team All ACC, etc).

but yes, and so were convict, cadillac, and Eagle talon -- coincidentally the 4 biggest "al is the best coach BC could ever get" proclaimers

Do you sell used golf clubs as a profession?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Cadillac loves Al. Not sure what his deal is.

I think, and I could be wrong here, but TWB is beginning to come over to our side of this argument that Skinner is a mediocre coach.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm fairly certain teddy's admitted he was wrong about sanders and surprised by how soft southern is.

i'm also not sure there's anyone left in al's camp.

that said, i don;t see what you folks expect from them - hourly apologies and admissions of mistake? this team sucks, the outlook is bleak, and we're all learning to deal with it. congratulations - you got your wish

I didn't get my wish until Al is gone. And I have yet to hear any of them say they were wrong about any of the above. In fact, its just the opposite. They all either stop posting on the hoops board almost completely, and when they do, they still think Al is great, sanders is a future NBA star, and Southern just needs more time.

Its actually pathetic how long it took for some of these idiots to realize how mediocre of a coach Al is ad how bad his recruiting has been.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:how mediocre of a coach Al is ad how bad his recruiting has been.

how does a shitty coach who sucks at recruiting not finish in dead last in the two best conferences year after year after year? This year has definitely been a disappointment, but over his history, Al is either a good recruiter and a bad coach or a bad recruiter and a good coach.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:how mediocre of a coach Al is ad how bad his recruiting has been.

how does a shitty coach who sucks at recruiting not finish in dead last in the two best conferences year after year after year? This year has definitely been a disappointment, but over his history, Al is either a good recruiter and a bad coach or a bad recruiter and a good coach.

see?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

see?

see what? the fact that you constantly evade the point that if Al Skinner was a bad coach and a bad recruiter, BC never would have finished above last place in the Big East or the ACC.

He must have done something right over his tenure.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

see?

see what? the fact that you constantly evade the point that if Al Skinner was a bad coach and a bad recruiter, BC never would have finished above last place in the Big East or the ACC.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! we don't finish in dead last every year!!!!!!! Bring back TOB in football!!!!!!!! Nice expectations.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

see?

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! we don't finish in dead last every year!!!!!!! Bring back TOB in football!!!!!!!! Nice expectations.

<========== point

<================ you
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:58 pm

It's not that Al hasn't EVER done something. He has had regular season success for long stretches of time. But he is past his time now, and has been for at least 2 or so years. It's time to part ways.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:It's not that Al hasn't EVER done something. He has had regular season success for long stretches of time. But he is past his time now, and has been for at least 2 or so years. It's time to part ways.

And if Al parts ways with BC, are you going to be happy with Tim O'Shea, who can't even coach Bryant to a single victory? Because Gene won't hire anyone he thinks might be good enough to get a better job offer.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum