BC @ SEMINOLES -8 1/2 = GAMEDAY AND SCORE GUESS THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC @ SEMINOLES -8 1/2 = GAMEDAY AND SCORE GUESS THREAD

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:13 am

Saw this stat on TOS: Raji, Southern, Paris, Roche, Dunn and Elmore played a total of 86 minutes and had a total of 4 rebounds and a total of 3 points.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:13 am

We essentially scored 13 second half points. 4 points in the last 39 seconds don't count. I can't think of a worse performance in a half, ever. It was utter shit. If GDF was watching this game there is no possible way that al wouldn't be fired. The second half was an shit storm of epic proportions. Al should be fired, plain and simple.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 am

Biko Paris-Could he start at a decent JuCo?

Josh Southern-Why couldn't the shoulder injury have kept him out longer?

Reggie- he has potential

Trapani-Good player, not strong enough to be covering a 4 every minute of the game

Corey Raji- Where were you?

Elmore and Ravanel have potential.

Sanders is the most talented player, however he doesn't play like it

Roche is decent, but not an ACC 3 or 4. He's playing out of position, he should be a 2 guard.

Dunn plays hard, but he's not good enough to be an ACC center.

What the hell did Al say at half time?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:56 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:GDF will give him another year. With an all senior team next year, if they don't seriously compete for the ACC title and make a Sweet Sixteen or Elite 8 run then Al should be shown the door in a Bobby Bowden kind of way. .

ACC title? Sweet 16? Elite 8? You know next year's team is not going to be a whole lot different from this year's, right? We still have Sanders, Southern, and Paris on the team next year. Hopefully it is Al's last.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DallasEire on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am

Watching that game last night, I was almost sure you could encapsulate this team's problems this year in one word: laziness. Unfortunately, it isn't that easy but the laziness of this team is startling.

The lack of development of the junior class has been mentioned ad nauseum here but there are basic foundational principles that are so sorely lacking that it really should offend any BC graduate or simple fan of the program. The laziness of this team is a top-down condition. For all Al fans - and I have been an advocate of his for years - it has to be accepted that his approach is unacceptable. It is one thing to demand personal "on-court" responsibility from your team in conditioning a mental toughness and attitude but it is another altogether to put it forth as a charade to mask a legitimate laziness. If you want to just " roll the ball out there" you have to extend some effort in recruiting. If you want to find and develop "hidden gems" there has to be a commitment to development. And at the most base and foundational level if you simply have neither talent nor chemistry it is a requirement that the team at least be conditioned.

In all counts this team is an abject failure. Each additional game played is an additional detail defined to the purest form of laziness. Rakim settling for contested jump shots because he has not , after many years of some form of organized basketball, grasped the concept of the dribble is lazy. It is a degree of laziness so refined that you would categorize it as NBA like. And what of the conditioning ? This team looks like the Samoan track and field outfit. Josh Southern, Rakim Sanders, and Evan Ravenal will never make you forget longing for the days of eighth grade skill level ( never mind the intelligence ) but it is offensive how out of shape they are. That is on Al. I would include personal responsibility typically speaking but that concept never made the pyramid of needs on the collegiate basketball player. Or, if it has it is somewhere on top of the foundation of absurdly excessive tattooing, shiny objects, pursuit of purchaseable professional vaj, and the creation of and mastery of an unintelligble form of communication so devoid of any societal benefit that it projects an exponential deletory impact on the historical development of human intelligence altogether.

It is an utmost offense, even in our begrudging acceptance of the absurd notion of student-athlete, that their wasted education is free. I don't want to take off on that tangent but it has to be mentioned when you're watching a team unwilling to put forth any effort from development of skill to basic conditioning. And Al, how can you have a firm grasp on this team and not know they needed a point guard ? How could you not know that this team did not have a player capable of creating their own offense ? This team was so complete that it was a waste to consider recruiting ??? Or is it that this class is too far gone that you've given up hope and are not even trying to develop them or condition them ?? Which fucking is it ?? You are responsible for this mess by being the head coach - you do not get to abdicate responsibility. I am still not in the camp of firing him yet as his record here has earned some slack but he should be required by the six or seven fans of the program to produce a "State of the Team" address complete with teleprompters and two-dimensional Smiling Idiot masks of Biden and Pelosi marking your wings if you feel it necessary for atmosphere of authenticity but you do have to say something. Bring this season into focus. Tell us what is being done for next year. It is the least you could do seeing that is beyond you to attend recruiting trips or actually design a fucking practice or conditioning program
DallasEire
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:27 am

Not much surprise there in the 2nd half - a lot of the same.

Anyone else notice that offensive possession where Rakim could barely walk? He couldn't play D on the previous possession and he's hobbling around, right in front of Al, obviously not a threat of any sort and in pain - yet no time out called. I just...I just...ugh.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby chughes543 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:26 pm

There is no way that this team makes a big run this year, there is no one who can score on the inside. Southern, Dunn, and Ravenel all have garbage post-up moves, and the power forward we have coming in next year is white. It'll be the same offense filled with ill-advised jackson, sanders, and trapani threes. Also, there is no floor general, everytime biko or reggie dribbles they look out of control. We need a point guard and a center in a big way, or else even making the NCAA tournament next year may be out of the question.
chughes543
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:39 pm

The worst thing in life is laziness.

74 despises lazy. Where is the 5 guys off the intramural courts to motivate these lazy scholarship fucks or start the 2 guys at the end of the bench?

That is Al Skinner.

Dallas Eire is like a great sage comet the stops by and imparts unattainable by others here wisdom and then departs just as fast.

Dallas should be our AD.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:Why are you people still getting your panties in bunches about this team at this point in the season? We know they suck. this game was no different than any of the other shit this team has produced this season. There isnt a single game that matters until the acc tournament starts, so how about we just wait to complain then

Do you really think the ACC tournament is going to matter much for this team? If anyone is going just to see BC, you better get a Friday flight home.

I can save you the $300 or so dollars you're going to spend. I live in DC and no chance I'm driving to Greensboro to see this team get destroyed. We'll play UVA at either 7/9:15 pm, get drilled, Al Skinner will not get off the bench once in the entire game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:Why are you people still getting your panties in bunches about this team at this point in the season? We know they suck. this game was no different than any of the other shit this team has produced this season. There isnt a single game that matters until the acc tournament starts, so how about we just wait to complain then

Do you really think the ACC tournament is going to matter much for this team? If anyone is going just to see BC, you better get a Friday flight home.

I can save you the $300 or so dollars you're going to spend. I live in DC and no chance I'm driving to Greensboro to see this team get destroyed. We'll play UVA at either 7/9:15 pm, get drilled, Al Skinner will not get off the bench once in the entire game.

i could get to the greensboro colisseum in under an hour... i will not be wasting that gas to get there for this team

I live in the section 108 men's bathoroom at the colisseum and will not expend the energy to pull out of the glory hole to see this team.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

i could get to the greensboro colisseum in under an hour... i will not be wasting that gas to get there for this team

I live in the section 108 men's bathoroom at the colisseum and will not expend the energy to pull out of the glory hole to see this team.

Hilarious and taking it too far all at the same time.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

I am going to Greensboro and fully expect to see this team get smoked the first day. Luckily I love college basketball in general and would be going to a tournament regardless of the teams in it.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

I am going to Greensboro and fully expect to see this team get smoked the first day. Luckily I love college basketball in general and would be going to a tournament regardless of the teams in it.

Best case scenerio: Play VT/UVA in first round, manage to squeak out a win because they shoot poorly. Play Maryland is 2nd round, Vazquez plays awful and we beat them. We'll then be getting pasted by Wake/Duke again in the Semi's.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum