Rakim bitches about injuries

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rakim bitches about injuries

Postby apbc12 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 pm

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
I read a different article than you. Whether its logical to assume that Rakim is playing poorly because of injury is not the same as Rakim saying he is playing poorly because of injury.

No kidding. That's why I never took that next step by saying that I believe that's what his poor play can be attributed to. The entire point of the thread was that he was chalking at least part of it up to the injuries and that's exactly what I kept reiterating. You're so quick to jump to Rakim's defense that you didn't realize that you were arguing with him and not me.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
I read a different article than you. Whether its logical to assume that Rakim is playing poorly because of injury is not the same as Rakim saying he is playing poorly because of injury.

No kidding. That's why I never took that next step by saying that I believe that's what his poor play can be attributed to. The entire point of the thread was that he was chalking at least part of it up to the injuries and that's exactly what I kept reiterating. You're so quick to jump to Rakim's defense that you didn't realize that you were arguing with him and not me.

I agree with what he said. He is playing poorly and not shooting well, and his game is just not there.

Its your characterization of what he said, added to the circumstance of him having been hurt, to mean that he is blaming injuries with which I am arguing. I read the article twice. Neither time did I see him "chalk up" poor play to injuries. I saw Al do that. I saw the writer do that. Each did it explicitly. Any attribution of such to the words of Rakim Sanders is mere extrapolation.

I won't shit on a kid because of what you inferred from an article. I will shit on him for playing poorly.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
I agree with what he said. He is playing poorly and not shooting well, and his game is just not there.

Its your characterization of what he said, added to the circumstance of him having been hurt, to mean that he is blaming injuries with which I am arguing. I read the article twice. Neither time did I see him "chalk up" poor play to injuries. I saw Al do that. I saw the writer do that. Each did it explicitly. Any attribution of such to the words of Rakim Sanders is mere extrapolation.

I won't shit on a kid because of what you inferred from an article. I will shit on him for playing poorly.

The only thing you have right here is that he didn't expressly say, "My game is struggling because I'm coming back from injury". What he did say was "It's coming back". Which any logical person can read as meaning his game is struggling to come back since his downtime due to injury. Which would mean that, according to him, his problems can be directly attributable to the effect of the injury on his game. How are you that unwilling to take that huge leap? Are you that incapable of thinking critically, or are you just unwilling to do so? And you keep talking about me shitting on him - yet I'm not - I've been saying he's making excuses for his poor play. This is your "Rakim Defense Mode" setting in.

If you can't grasp this, then I don't know what to tell you. For the sake of all that is good, this will be my final post regarding this.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:26 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The only thing you have right here is that he didn't expressly say, "My game is struggling because I'm coming back from injury". What he did say was "It's coming back". Which any logical person can read as meaning his game is struggling to come back since his downtime due to injury. Which would mean that, according to him, his problems can be directly attributable to the effect of the injury on his game. How are you that unwilling to take that huge leap? Are you that incapable of thinking critically, or are you just unwilling to do so? And you keep talking about me shitting on him - yet I'm not - I've been saying he's making excuses for his poor play. This is your "Rakim Defense Mode" setting in.

If you can't grasp this, then I don't know what to tell you. For the sake of all that is good, this will be my final post regarding this.

The only thing worse than your lame attempts at Socratic Method (accidentally, it appears, as you seem to treat everything as a math problem) is your even lamer attempt at condescension.

Rakim Sanders sucks at basketball lately. Hence, repetitive and redundant non sequitur of "Rakim Defense Mode" abated.

That leaves you with the actual argument. He said his game is coming back. That's the "it", not his health. His health is back, and he still has sucked. Therefore, whatever he, in his mind (as he doesn't say explicitly) is coming back, it is not his health. I suspect, given the lead in to the quote (journalism trick) about his recent improvement, that he was referring to his shaking off the rust and getting his game back. QED by mathematical induction.

Cue circular and irrelevant rebuttal set rock solid in nothing more than inference: "But why was he rusty - the injury - therefore he is blaming the injury for his poor play."

To quote one of your least imaginative favorites: :backpedal
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Well, I lied. Since you've severely mangled everything I've said, I feel the need to reply.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The only thing worse than your lame attempts at Socratic Method (accidentally, it appears, as you seem to treat everything as a math problem) is your even lamer attempt at condescension.

No Socratic Method involved. I'm walking you through a little lesson in logical reasoning and reading with context.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That leaves you with the actual argument. He said his game is coming back. That's the "it", not his health. His health is back, and he still has sucked. Therefore, whatever he, in his mind (as he doesn't say explicitly) is coming back, it is not his health.

Show me one place I've said the "it" is his health. If you were reading what I said rather than arguing with yourself, you'd realize I've said multiple times that the "it" is his game and nothing else. His game was not there because of the injury, so it's coming back since the injury set it back. These are his words. You can read it in a vaccuum if you want, but I won't.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I suspect, given the lead in to the quote (journalism trick) about his recent improvement, that he was referring to his shaking off the rust and getting his game back.

So let me get this right, you can make inferences, yet I can't? Check.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Cue circular and irrelevant rebuttal set rock solid in nothing more than inference: "But why was he rusty - the injury - therefore he is blaming the injury for his poor play."

Nothing shows how little you've paid attention to what I've said more than this. That is not even the correct string of inference. I'll use a quote from you where you agreed with me, yet you refuse to admit it. "It is the downtime that makes him rusty and fucks his game. It wouldn't be any different if he had been suspended for 11 games. It's that 7 week period of inactivity that he had to come back from." The reason for the downtime is the injury, but you play it off as if it could have been anything. By the way, downtime due to suspension, an individual can still do all the workouts and keep in shape - an ankle injury is going to create other problems of immobility and recuperative inactivity during the downtime. Top-notch comparison though.

You claim I have no firm argument that this is what Rakim was speaking of, yet you then agree with me, then confuse the inference, and if that wasn't enough, you make FURTHER inferences down the line from my (small) one step inference.

My final conclusion is that you're arguing just to argue now, and I've fallen for it. Shame on me.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:03 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Well, I lied. Since you've severely mangled everything I've said, I feel the need to reply.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The only thing worse than your lame attempts at Socratic Method (accidentally, it appears, as you seem to treat everything as a math problem) is your even lamer attempt at condescension.

No Socratic Method involved. I'm walking you through a little lesson in logical reasoning and reading with context.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That leaves you with the actual argument. He said his game is coming back. That's the "it", not his health. His health is back, and he still has sucked. Therefore, whatever he, in his mind (as he doesn't say explicitly) is coming back, it is not his health.

Show me one place I've said the "it" is his health. If you were reading what I said rather than arguing with yourself, you'd realize I've said multiple times that the "it" is his game and nothing else. His game was not there because of the injury, so it's coming back since the injury set it back. These are his words. You can read it in a vaccuum if you want, but I won't.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I suspect, given the lead in to the quote (journalism trick) about his recent improvement, that he was referring to his shaking off the rust and getting his game back.

So let me get this right, you can make inferences, yet I can't? Check.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Cue circular and irrelevant rebuttal set rock solid in nothing more than inference: "But why was he rusty - the injury - therefore he is blaming the injury for his poor play."

Nothing shows how little you've paid attention to what I've said more than this. That is not even the correct string of inference. I'll use a quote from you where you agreed with me, yet you refuse to admit it. "It is the downtime that makes him rusty and fucks his game. It wouldn't be any different if he had been suspended for 11 games. It's that 7 week period of inactivity that he had to come back from." The reason for the downtime is the injury, but you play it off as if it could have been anything. By the way, downtime due to suspension, an individual can still do all the workouts and keep in shape - an ankle injury is going to create other problems of immobility and recuperative inactivity during the downtime. Top-notch comparison though.

You claim I have no firm argument that this is what Rakim was speaking of, yet you then agree with me, then confuse the inference, and if that wasn't enough, you make FURTHER inferences down the line from my (small) one step inference.

My final conclusion is that you're arguing just to argue now, and I've fallen for it. Shame on me.

Res ipsa loquitur.

That's Latin for "I can get the last word too."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Res ipsa loquitur.

That's Latin for "I can get the last word too."

So you're not going to change your argument again? "You're just shitting on Rakim", "you can't prove causation between the injury and Rakim's poor play", "you think he's still hurting", "Al said it, not him", "the writer said it, not him", "the 'it' is not health" and "it doesn't matter what Rakim said" didn't work, so you're throwing out lawyerese and a lame joke. Your firm would be proud.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:49 pm

This is a classic message board :slapfight . I applaud you two for not giving up.

On the one hand, I don't see anyone making excuses for Sanders. On the other hand, Pedro has a good point, if he's not 100% and can't contribute the way he'd like (scoring and playing above the rim), then he should be adjusting his game to make up for it (rebounding, getting his teammates open, etc.).
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:This is a classic message board :slapfight . I applaud you two for not giving up.

On the one hand, I don't see anyone making excuses for Sanders. On the other hand, Pedro has a good point, if he's not 100% and can't contribute the way he'd like (scoring and playing above the rim), then he should be adjusting his game to make up for it (rebounding, getting his teammates open, etc.).

how about posting up? He would be unstoppable if he posted up once in a while instead of trying to drive and dribbling off his foot every fucking time. Sanders is soft. His "greatness" was TWB's best call since tuggle.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

1--Rakim bitched about the weight.

How about a fucking salad on the next day after a game and the exercise bike for your heel spur.

2--Extra weight just inflames heel spurs.

Have sonic surgery or pound that heel while under in dust, and get buffed for 2010-2011 or get the fuck outta my alma mater.

Excuses. All I get from ASLEEP is EXCUSES.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 pm

I love how I called Tuggle and Sanders "great"

I said Sanders was better than Raji, and would play in the NBA one day. The first part is fucking obvious, the latter not looking good now, but the kid has all of the tools. Just didn't see him being such a fucking headcase.

I said Tuggle would be the starter opening day. Oh, which he was.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

A quick kudos to all the internet tough guys who would never let something like a stupid bone spur in their heel and ankle stop them from playing basketball for 2 hours a day in practice and for 30+ minutes in ACC play.

Sanders is such a pussy huh.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 pm

this is the gayest thread in history.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:this is the gayest thread in history.

Now that you've weighed in, yes. yes it is.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:50 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

no, it was gay when you two decided to argue for two straight days over fucking nothing.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

no, it was gay when you two decided to argue for two straight days over fucking nothing.

Actually, it being nothing was kind of my point. So thanks, I guess.

And it was actually only about 2 hours yesterday afternoon.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey, I admitted that it could be nitpicking from the very beginning. Not sure how twb can claim his quote in no way possible was about what I said it was about. Oh well. We all moved on.

SHOW ME THE CAUSATION YOU COWARD!!!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:33 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:A quick kudos to all the internet tough guys who would never let something like a stupid bone spur in their heel and ankle stop them from playing basketball for 2 hours a day in practice and for 30+ minutes in ACC play.

Sanders is such a pussy huh.

I don't think he's a pussy. I just think he sucks because he doesn't try. He's like Tiger whenever he plays with an injury. When he hits a great shot you don't see the wincing expression on his face. But if he hits one into the rough he acts like he's been shot in the leg.

Rakim didn't look like he had too many issues with his ankle when he was chucking up threes or when he wants to make a play on offense. But when he needs to get back on defense all of a sudden that ankle starts to act up.

Personally, my favorite was his line that went along the lines of "I just couldn't wait to get out there after the suspension". Newsflash Rakim, the suspension was because of one of your actions. Had you not done it, you would be allowed to play.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 pm

I think I have Rakim’s ups and downs this year figure out……..HE’s A TYPICAL BC GUY JUST LIKE YOU AND ME!!!!!!!! WHY YOU ASK ?

He’s a mans man like and like most BC GUYS he’s naturally lazy, he probably eats too much at Roggie’s / PINO’s or the Eagles Deli, drinks way to much beer on weeknights, spends 99% of his time thinking about :skank :skank refuses to work hard “because he shouldn’t have to”, and WILL NEVER EVER GO AFTER LOOSE BALLS FOR ANYONE
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 am

I hate to bring this back up... :twisted:

“The pain in my foot is slowly but surely starting to go away,” Sanders said. “I’m starting to get in game shape, and I’m feeling better on the court.”

"Starting" to get back in game shape? 14 games and 8 weeks. Sure he's starting to play better, I'm just shocked that it would take this long to "start" getting back in game shape. That's a lotta twinkies.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum