'Noles @ BC SCORE GUESS & GAMETHREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 'Noles @ BC SCORE GUESS & GAMETHREAD

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Starting Lineup on Saturday
1. Biko
2. Reggie
3. Dallas
4. Trap
5. Dunn
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Nice to see Raji barely get beyond half court when FSU hit the go ahead 3. What a fucking joke.

Did you not see that he and Dunn went down hard after a loose ball and that's why there weren't enough men to cover the 3 on FSU's break?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:20 pm

I don't care if they dove for a ball (ha -one of our players dive for a ball) that took them 5 rows deep. There were 50 seconds remaining in a tie game and they are taking their sweet ass time getting back.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Nice to see Raji barely get beyond half court when FSU hit the go ahead 3. What a fucking joke.

Did you not see that he and Dunn went down hard after a loose ball and that's why there weren't enough men to cover the 3 on FSU's break?

Fucking relevant details.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:34 pm

TWB isn't going to be happy, but out end of game coaching blows. Those inbounds plays from half court were pathetic, the play at the end of the game where we had to pass three times to shoot a 3 was pathetic and not fouling Singleton was pathetic. Al, you have to realize this team is stupid, thus you have to coach in order for them to respond.

I'll give this loss 50% to the players and 50% to Al.

New game plan: Avoid GT in the ACCT, hope someone else knocks them out, and try to win the ACCT. Because frankly, it's ACCT or nothing.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:38 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
cOJmmavegarage {l Wrote}:I am disgusted to be associated with this team. They are an embarrassment to our school. I should get paid to watch them play.

why don't you ask Gene for a refund?

Why don't you go to a game before getting on my ass?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

What I saw was him and Dunn beaten to the floor by a 7 ft. Kenyan and not be able to pry it away from the said goon.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:I was at the game. I have to say I was pleased with the turnout though the crowd seems to have no idea when it is time to stand and be loud.

Sanders had 17 I know, but he really did not play really well. His 2 fouls in the firs 90 seconds were dumb and his defense overall was poor. He shot pretty well from the floor but his shot selection still sucks and the free throw he missed down the stretch was a killer. Did I mention his defense was terrible.

Southern was a waste of space as evidenced by his zero points zero rebounds and he was a definsie liability. Paris with4 more turnovers continues to dissappoint. Jackson could not take care of the ball with 4 turnovers himself.

I am liking what I see from Elmore with solid defense and good shooting. Trapani was solid but spent an unexplainable stretch on the bench late.

This was a winnable game but they could not pull it out. Something to be said for the effort but unfortunate to not get the W.

This pretty much sums it up. Good writeup. I've been pleased with Elmore all year.

A couple of things though. I thought Paris played pretty well and we got absolutely killed on the boards. -17 or something like that.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:44 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

What I saw was him and Dunn beaten to the floor by a 7 ft. Kenyan and not be able to pry it away from the said goon.

He's Nigerian!
Last edited by bignick33 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 pm

This game would have been lost by double digits if not for our very effective three-point shooting.

Anytime you are outrebounded by 16, you are going to get killed.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby Bumpers on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:This game would have been lost by double digits if not for our very effective three-point shooting.

Don't forget that they were 0-12 from 3 until that last three sealed it for them. The score does not reflect what really happened -

Kids played like sh!t, Al coached like sh!t, no interior D, sloppy D otherwise, and FSU left 5-10 points out there due to poor shooting from 3. Even if FSU shot 30% from 3, they'd have won by closer to 10.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:14 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

You're right, when players go to the floor someone is going to come up a winner. The main point is that 1) a main criticism of the team is not hustling or having heart - but both players did on that play and 2) I can't be sure that they didn't hustle back, but FSU clearly had an odd man rush and it was mostly due to Raji and Dunn's hustle on the end.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:This game would have been lost by double digits if not for our very effective three-point shooting.

What exactly do you expect against FSU/GT when we have a center who cannot jump (Southern) and two unathletic white guys (Roche/Trapani) trying to rebound against FSU's monsters? We'll always get killed by them in rebounding.

A good basketball coach wins that game (especially over Lenoard Hamilton, who is an awful coach), that's all I'm saying. We win today if a competent in-game coach is on the slideline. I'm not trying to stir the pot, it's just a fact.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 pm

I thought Bunny Colvin coached FSU. Whoops.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:55 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

You're right, when players go to the floor someone is going to come up a winner. The main point is that 1) a main criticism of the team is not hustling or having heart - but both players did on that play and 2) I can't be sure that they didn't hustle back, but FSU clearly had an odd man rush and it was mostly due to Raji and Dunn's hustle on the end.

IMO the main point is you have an incredibly athletic small forward and it basically was a 50/50 ball and he couldn't come up with it with the game on the line. I just can't understand how he lost that battle on the ground. It may sound harsh but from my point of view (20 feet from the play) it looked like Raji was outhustled. It's not as much on Dunn as it is on Raji. Raji needs to make that play. I'd understand if he was facing a SG or something but an unathletic 7 footer? Come on.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:02 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

IMO the main point is you have an incredibly athletic small forward and it basically was a 50/50 ball and he couldn't come up with it with the game on the line. I just can't understand how he lost that battle on the ground. It may sound harsh but from my point of view (20 feet from the play) it looked like Raji was outhustled. It's not as much on Dunn as it is on Raji. Raji needs to make that play. I'd understand if he was facing a SG or something but an unathletic 7 footer? Come on.

I'm actually not disagreeing with you here. One of them should have come up with that ball in crunch time. But I appreciate that they went after the ball with aggression. Biko/Rakim would have looked like a deer in headlights staring at the ball, and in truth it may have turned out bettter in the long run. Long story short I am more forgiving of aggressive plays that turn out bad than lazy plays that just happen to work out.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby holycross87 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:06 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I thought Bunny Colvin coached FSU. Whoops.

Common mistake...Bunny didn't get the FSU job due to the blow-back from Hamsterdam. :ignign
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:01 pm

BC lost that game because Reggie Jackson can't dribble and Biko Paris can't play period. That game had nothing to do with Sanders' hustle. He did some sloppy shit out there, but he played very hard, and remains this teams only legitimate on-ball perimeter defender.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:TWB isn't going to be happy, but out end of game coaching blows. Those inbounds plays from half court were pathetic, the play at the end of the game where we had to pass three times to shoot a 3 was pathetic and not fouling Singleton was pathetic. Al, you have to realize this team is stupid, thus you have to coach in order for them to respond.

I'll give this loss 50% to the players and 50% to Al.

New game plan: Avoid GT in the ACCT, hope someone else knocks them out, and try to win the ACCT. Because frankly, it's ACCT or nothing.

If you guys are going to mischaracterize my statements, I wish you'd read my posts. Al is a mediocre to poor in game coach. Drives me nuts.

Doesn't mean I think he should be fired. Yet.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC lost that game because Reggie Jackson can't dribble and Biko Paris can't play period. That game had nothing to do with Sanders' hustle. He did some sloppy shit out there, but he played very hard, and remains this teams only legitimate on-ball perimeter defender.

You are stubborn and stupid, fact that is supported by the Tuggle pic on your sig.

BC was outmuscled in the paint and killed on the boards yesterday. If not for our uncharacteristic accuracy on three pointers, it would have been a rout. That had little to do with Biko and even less with Reggie not being able to dribble.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:01 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC lost that game because Reggie Jackson can't dribble and Biko Paris can't play period. That game had nothing to do with Sanders' hustle. He did some sloppy shit out there, but he played very hard, and remains this teams only legitimate on-ball perimeter defender.

You are stubborn and stupid, fact that is supported by the Tuggle pic on your sig.

BC was outmuscled in the paint and killed on the boards yesterday. If not for our uncharacteristic accuracy on three pointers, it would have been a rout. That had little to do with Biko and even less with Reggie not being able to dribble.

Disagree. Our PG play sucks, all around. Reggie is a SG, not a PG. You need a good PG to be successful, we don't have that.

Although true, a coach who is a good in-game coach beats FSU and we don't see those awful possessions coming down the stretch. Al sucks at play drawing for the most part and situationally doesn't have a clue.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:49 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

TW is on foe for me so I don't normally get one of these treats unless someone points out his stupidity in a quote like you did. So, TW, your telling me that game had nothing to do with Sanders' hustle? You do realize he sat out the majority of the first half because he had picked up 2 fouls in the first 90 seconds because of his lazy defense? Furthermore, Rakim sucks at defense. He's good when he tries, which, unfortunately for us, occurs at times few and far between. But, I'm not surprised you think he's good - I'd imagine you don't watch many basketball games because we aren't good.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

TW is on foe for me so I don't normally get one of these treats unless someone points out his stupidity in a quote like you did. So, TW, your telling me that game had nothing to do with Sanders' hustle? You do realize he sat out the majority of the first half because he had picked up 2 fouls in the first 90 seconds because of his lazy defense? Furthermore, Rakim sucks at defense. He's good when he tries, which, unfortunately for us, occurs at times few and far between. But, I'm not surprised you think he's good - I'd imagine you don't watch many basketball games because we aren't good.

Game was in the bag until Reggie Jackson fumbled it away. Period. That's go for two of the last three games. BC needs a PG.

Anyone that points to anything other than the PG play doesn't know a goddamn thing about college basketball. James Naismaith could be coaching this team, and they would struggle with Biko Paris and Reggie handling the rock. There are plenty of things to point at that aren't going right, and Rakim Sanders being a disappointment is certainly one of them (I am certain this last clause won't be read by the resident Jets fucktard, who has been blissfully quiet for a week or so) but this team has a core problem that can't be resolved - nothing arguably close to a distributor and threat at the PG on a team full of guys that can't create their own shots (some, like Sanders, because of their own failure to improve ball handling). On a night when Sanders had 17, made a few of the threes everyone was happy about, and played good defense, pointing to him is stupid. Save that for the plenty of games he hasn't played well at all.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Game was in the bag until Reggie Jackson fumbled it away. Period. That's go for two of the last three games. BC needs a PG.

Typical. Completely disregard what someone says when you are proven wrong. You probably turned the game on just in time to see the end when you were looking for some soap opera on Lifetime. Because, that and other things are better than the sports you proclaim to know oh so well.

I'm still trying to figure this out. You said, "That game had nothing to do with Sanders' hustle." Yet, he sat out 10 minutes of the game because of his laziness on defense that resulted on two quick fouls. So, how can you say the player who dropped 17 in 28 having to sit out for 10 minutes because of that had nothing to do with the result?

Oh and BTW, you going to watch Nick Mangold tonight in the Pro Bowl? You know, the center you said was vastly overrated and sucks? Ask Bellichick what he thinks of Mangold.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Typical. Completely disregard what someone says when you are proven wrong. You probably turned the game on just in time to see the end when you were looking for some soap opera on Lifetime. Because, that and other things are better than the sports you proclaim to know oh so well.

I'm still trying to figure this out. You said, "That game had nothing to do with Sanders' hustle." Yet, he sat out 10 minutes of the game because of his laziness on defense that resulted on two quick fouls. So, how can you say the player who dropped 17 in 28 having to sit out for 10 minutes because of that had nothing to do with the result?

Oh and BTW, you going to watch Nick Mangold tonight in the Pro Bowl? You know, the center you said was vastly overrated and sucks? Ask Bellichick what he thinks of Mangold.

Ummm, what?

Let me get this straight:

A. Sanders' doesn't hustle when he is on the bench, and fuck him if he had 17, it should have been more.

B. Something about the Jets that I didn't read.

C. College basketball is the NFL so I must not watch it.

Excellent effort. Please put me back on foe.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Ummm, what?

A. Sanders' doesn't hustle when he is on the bench, and fuck him if he had 17, it should have been more.

A. Yes, he should have had more. He would have had he not spent 10 additional minutes on the bench because of lazy defense. Not that complicated.
B. You knew it was about the Jets even though you didn't read it? Great logic.
C. Given your inclination to not watch poor sports, I doubt you watch BC basketball. Again, not that complicated.

Go follow Albany.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Ummm, what?

A. Yes, he should have had more. He would have had he not spent 10 additional minutes on the bench because of lazy defense. Not that complicated.
B. You knew it was about the Jets even though you didn't read it? Great logic.
C. Given your inclination to not watch poor sports, I doubt you watch BC basketball. Again, not that complicated.

Go follow Albany.

Again, you can't read. I don't watch much NFL not because of the 60% of the time when the game is being played, but rather the 40% that it is not being played. The latter, a percentage that grows every year. Has nothing to do with the sport itself; has everything to do with the election of CBS to show a commercial before, after and during every punt. I do watch BC basketball, although it can be tough.

I do follow Albany. They are playing worse than BC. Ignoring my multiple connections to your alma mater that are older than you are for a moment, feel free to be a typical BC fan and alienate non-alumni who choose to follow the team, attend games and discuss them on a message board. Because BC certainly doesn't need anymore fans.

As for the team that is going to win ... er, not play in the Super Bowl, I saw "Btw". Assumed it wasn't about BC hoop, since you were changing subjects, and your shtick only has one other routine.

I'll pass on the Sanders discussion, since you think he is the problem, and not the fact that they only have people that play 4 of the 5 positions on the court. Can't argue with that. Sanders is the whole problem ... ool.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'd just like to point out that baldwin responds pretty quickly to someone that he has on foe.

i would not have taken issue with this had he not tough guy'd "i never read teddy's posts unless they get quoted because he's on foe" and then followed up with two quick responses without needing teddy quoted.

that's 81eagle lame. just sayin'

lastly, not having a pg ANDd having a sulking primadonna are both factors that are detrimental to the performance of the team as a whole

Yeah, because it's difficult to come to the conclusion that he is responding to me when he replied to the samethread 5 minutes later. And it's even more difficult to hit "display this post". Really difficult.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:24 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'd just like to point out that baldwin responds pretty quickly to someone that he has on foe.

i would not have taken issue with this had he not tough guy'd "i never read teddy's posts unless they get quoted because he's on foe" and then followed up with two quick responses without needing teddy quoted.

that's 81eagle lame. just sayin'

lastly, not having a pg ANDd having a sulking primadonna are both factors that are detrimental to the performance of the team as a whole

Yeah, because it's difficult to come to the conclusion that he is responding to me when he replied to the samethread 5 minutes later. And it's even more difficult to hit "display this post". Really difficult.

if you're going to read what he writes, why have him on foe in the first place? if you really didn't care what he has to say - you wouldn't read what he writes IRREGARDLESS of whether he's responding to you or not. if you secretly love him and fear admitting it to yourself you should put him on foe, annouce that he is on foe, then still hit "display post" each time he has something new.

it looks like you're opting for #2. i'm sorry for your repression, tom cruise

It really isn't that complicated. I don't want to read the majority his shit. I saw something in a quote and replied to it. Naturally, he was going to have a reaction. Thus, there was discussion. I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand.

I'm the one who loves him? You're the one taking time out of your day to defend him when we had both clearly finished what we had to say yesterday and moved on.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

commavegarage istwb's cute little puppy dog that follows him around nipping at his ankles. It's adorable how every fight he picks with him still has to include mention of the Jets.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum