The Dancing Carrot and Cucumber at the Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Who/What Were They?

Reggie's Veggies
30%
GDF's Minions
4%
Ghey
19%
Personification of the Nerdification
30%
All of the Above
7%
Scrush2
11%

Total votes : 27

The Dancing Carrot and Cucumber at the Game

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Thoughts...
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: The Dancing Carrot and Cucumber at the Game

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:39 pm

People at the game -which is better than about the 4000 people dressed as empty seats at tipoff.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Thoughts...

You forgot Martha Coakley campaign staffers.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:41 pm

baby rapists
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:42 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:People at the game -which is better than about the 4000 people dressed as empty seats at tipoff.

Re-watching the 2nd half now and it seemed to have filled up...typically BC. The game could be at 7/8/9 and the fans will always show up late.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Empty seats at tip off always pissed me off before I had a job downtown. Now that I do, I finally understand. Its hard to get to BC and into your seat by 7 if you work downtown and have a job that requires you to stay past 5. No excuse for the game not eventually filling up, but its just damn hard to be there at 7, and this coming from somone that's missed one game all year.
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:29 pm

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:Empty seats at tip off always pissed me off before I had a job downtown. Now that I do, I finally understand. Its hard to get to BC and into your seat by 7 if you work downtown and have a job that requires you to stay past 5. No excuse for the game not eventually filling up, but its just damn hard to be there at 7, and this coming from somone that's missed one game all year.

Not to mention the clusterfuck that is the Campanella Garage.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby screagle on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:Empty seats at tip off always pissed me off before I had a job downtown. Now that I do, I finally understand. Its hard to get to BC and into your seat by 7 if you work downtown and have a job that requires you to stay past 5. No excuse for the game not eventually filling up, but its just damn hard to be there at 7, and this coming from somone that's missed one game all year.

:lame

I work downtown, worked til 5:45, hopped on the B line at Gov't center and was there for pregame warm-ups.
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 pm

screagle {l Wrote}:

:lame

I work downtown, worked til 5:45, hopped on the B line at Gov't center and was there for pregame warm-ups.

You want a medal? I worked till 6:15, took T home to get my car and drove to campus and was inside by the 18 minute mark. Not everyone can leave before 6 or simply take the T
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

I watched the Game at the Good Life and was able to drink, and got to stay at work until 6:57. Suck it both of you.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:People at the game -which is better than about the 4000 people dressed as empty seats at tipoff.

Re-watching the 2nd half now and it seemed to have filled up...typically BC. The game could be at 7/8/9 and the fans will always show up late.

The number of empty seats at the beginning of the game was absolutely embarassing. I was just glad that Len Elmore and Mike Patrick didn't make any comments about it. And that they didn't show many wide shots of Conte.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

We have this problem with basketball, hockey and football…….do wehave an unwritten rule that you’re supposed to show up a ½ hour late to every home game?? What’s the excuse for weekend Bball/hockey games. Last time I checked football games are on Saturdays in the fall.......I understand some people have issues with work, but still I think it is a poor reflection on the school and annoys me as a fan
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:29 am

The student section was empty 2 minutes before the game. Pretty sure they don't have work/commute/parking issues for the most part. The section at center court across from the benches pisses me off every year. Thats clearly where they put the big donors who show up to Duke and Carolina, but its halways half empty at best. At least the main camera is behind that section so you can't see it on TV as much. Why wouldn't BC move people down into that section to fill it up if 10 minutes into the game they are not there? Seems like it would be better for the team to have as many fans close to the action as possible.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:50 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:Why wouldn't BC move people down into that section to fill it up if 10 minutes into the game they are not there? Seems like it would be better for the team to have as many fans close to the action as possible.

Because they are afraid that even though they didn't show up in the first half, they might show up in the second. That was the explanation I got when I asked about it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:Why wouldn't BC move people down into that section to fill it up if 10 minutes into the game they are not there? Seems like it would be better for the team to have as many fans close to the action as possible.

Because they are afraid that even though they didn't show up in the first half, they might show up in the second. That was the explanation I got when I asked about it.

I've gotten the same response. It looks awful though and needs to be addressed.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't find it hard to sneak into DBS seating. If you arrive before tipoff, just walk through the other sections and enter on the side instead of trying to get passed the security guy.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum