Clemson @ BC SCORE GUESS & GAMETHREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Clemson @ BC SCORE GUESS & GAMETHREAD

Postby mod6A on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:18 pm

i like bc basketball.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 pm

If they played like they have the last three games the whole year, they'd be 16-5 right now... Maine, St. Joe's, URI, and Harvard are all wins when Raji, Sanders, and Jackson score in double digits with Dunn and Elmore performing great off the bench.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:30 pm

4-0 when I start the GameThread. I'll put the FSU GameThread up on Friday Night just so we can make sure '74 doesn't fuck it up.

Well played today, now we have to figure out how to beat another athletic team in FSU.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby auggiebc on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Much needed win. I'm hoping it gives this team the conidence they need heading into a brutal stretch of games.

VT was a back breaking loss on it's own merit. But combine it with this win and it becomes an even more excrutiating loss.....even Mo Cassera alluded to it in the post game interview. 4-3 in ACC play and this team would still have Tourney hopes alive. Eff.

But we'll see. If they continue to play at this level, they are capable making it interesting.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:4-0 when I start the GameThread. I'll put the FSU GameThread up on Friday Night just so we can make sure '74 doesn't fuck it up.

Well played today, now we have to figure out how to beat another athletic team in FSU.

I have banned you for 30 seconds.

Nice efort.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:02 pm

So glad that (1) I don't have to read this thread and (2) OJ won't post for 24 hours.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:4-0 when I start the GameThread. I'll put the FSU GameThread up on Friday Night just so we can make sure '74 doesn't fuck it up.

Nice efort.

Nice spelling of effort.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

When Reggie Jackson was on the floor, BC outscored Clemson by 26 points.
When Reggie Jackson was on the bench, Clemson outscored BC by 20 points.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby DaaBoTownSox on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 pm

It amazes me that they lose to bad teams, and beat the good teams. I just don't get it...

They're like Night & Day..
DaaBoTownSox
n00b

Postby NJM89 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 am

Corey's dunk was number one on the top ten on sports center :angrychicken
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:When Reggie Jackson was on the floor, BC outscored Clemson by 26 points.
When Reggie Jackson was on the bench, Clemson outscored BC by 20 points.

Perfect post for you young kids...analysis.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

Nice efort.

Nice spelling of effort.

I left an F out for fuck you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 am

h2o {l Wrote}:Storm the court!! :spaz3

I'm surprised that the students didn’t storm the court tonight after a year of not that much to cheer about……huge win and great game !!!!!!! Thought they were going to crumble the way we came out at the start of the second half, but great win overall.
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:25 am

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:

I'm surprised that the students didn’t storm the court tonight after a year of not that much to cheer about……huge win and great game !!!!!!! Thought they were going to crumble the way we came out at the start of the second half, but great win overall.

I don't think (our) students storm the court because of the other team's ranking, they storm the court based on the other school's reputation. I wonder how many BC students even knew that Clemson was ranked #21.

If BC beats UNC, I'm fearful that the students will storm the court.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:26 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:

I don't think (our) students storm the court because of the other team's ranking, they storm the court based on the other school's reputation. I wonder how many BC students even knew that Clemson was ranked #21.

If BC beats UNC, I'm fearful that the students will storm the court.

Relax it was a joke Talon, for once it was nice to see us playing BC basketball

Of course they will storm the court for UNC or Duke…..not sure this years team can pull it off though
BC HOCKEY: 1949-2001-2008-2010-2011 2012 and counting :angrychicken
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:40 am

Great win...I was absolutely shocked to see the game go down like that. I think that it goes back to focusing more on Jackson and using the 3/4 court press.

Thoughts:
- So if you generally go 9 deep (10 including Ravenel), have pretty good athletes through that top 9, and struggle with energy and defense, why wouldn't you use a 3/4 court press starting a while ago?
- Jackson needs to play at least 30 minutes every game. Talon's stat confirms what was obvious when you watch it: BC is a VASTLY better team with him on the floor
- Dunn and especially Elmore played well (although Elmore always gets in a few reckless plays). Elmore's jumper looked fantastic.
- The number of empty seats at tipoff was humiliating
- Breaking the press generally looked easy. They repeatedly inbounded to the corner, then let the double team come, before bounce passing back to the inbounder. Clemson never got a man up to try to intercept the pass to the inbounder in time. The one time this failed was when Sanders tried to dribble through the double team instead of passing back...surprise
- Whenever Sanders gets the ball, he shoots. He takes more bad shots than I can fathom...no surprise he's shooting 36%. And yet, Al almost never takes him out, and no announcers seem to question his shot selection. Does Al tell him he needs to look for his offense? Because he's constantly pressing, and it's REALLY not working
- I actually saw Sanders playing help defense at one point last night. I couldn't speak for 5 minutes.
- Trapani needs to take less threes. How many two point shots did he attempt last night?
- Patrick called Roche "a great shooter" at least 3 times by my count. And Elmore referred to BC as a "good ball-handling team" and a team "that's not going to beat itself". How much more obvious can it be that neither has watched this team this year. Although I was surprised that BC only averages 13 turnovers/game. Feels like a lot more than that.
- Jay Williams as a studio analyst = disgraciad

At this point, the season's not over, but we're really just trying to build momentum for next year, and figure out some rhythm and a good rotation. Let's keep up the progress.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 am

I really hope we don't storm the court if we beat UNC. If we beat Duke, okay, but if we storm after beating UNC that would be like storming the field after beating Virginia Tech.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:Great win...I was absolutely shocked to see the game go down like that. I think that it goes back to focusing more on Jackson and using the 3/4 court press.

Thoughts:
- So if you generally go 9 deep (10 including Ravenel), have pretty good athletes through that top 9, and struggle with energy and defense, why wouldn't you use a 3/4 court press starting a while ago?

Like 2004? ALSLEEP AT THE WHEEL.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I really hope we don't storm the court if we beat UNC. If we beat Duke, okay, but if we storm after beating UNC that would be like storming the field after beating Virginia Tech.

ARE YOU TRYING TO COMPARE BASKETBALL TO FOOTBALL!?!?!?!!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

[quote="BC '00"]- Whenever Sanders gets the ball, he shoots. He takes more bad shots than I can fathom...no surprise he's shooting 36%. And yet, Al almost never takes him out, and no announcers seem to question his shot selection. Does Al tell him he needs to look for his offense? Because he's constantly pressing, and it's REALLY not working

I was shocked last night when Al pulled in the second half. He turned the ball over around the 13 minute mark, sat down and was out for a while. Came back briefly, bricked a 3 and sat again for the rest of the game. At least it proves Al pays some attention to what is working and what is not. Thats another 5 turnovers for Sanders and the least productive 11 poitns I've ever seen. I think it's time for him to start coming off the bench.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:29 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:Great win...I was absolutely shocked to see the game go down like that. I think that it goes back to focusing more on Jackson and using the 3/4 court press.

Thoughts:

Like 2004? ALSLEEP AT THE WHEEL.

It seems like it should be obvious, right? At least to try it for a few possessions and see if it works? You don't really need to worry about tiring the guys out.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BeanKlanKid on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:41 pm

DaaBoTownSox {l Wrote}:It amazes me that they lose to bad teams, and beat the good teams. I just don't get it...

They're like Night & Day..

I agree.

They're inconsistent because they don't work hard enough. They haven't learned to control their athleticism. They need more "blue-collar" type players who would bring leadership.
BeanKlanKid
n00b

Previous

Return to Conte Forum